Great finish by Thompson. He played strong all day under the pressure.

Any penalties to drop on him today?

Great finish and great interview from him!

That interview is what it's all about. Glad for him to get the win.

Good win for Thompson, was a good watch as well.

"Hey Mom....was it a good winner?"
"He sure was the most consistent." (y)

I'm happy for guys like Thompson, he really did play great, but the tour has a very amateur feel this year for obvious reasons, the majors may be the only high level golf we see for a while.

I'm happy for guys like Thompson, he really did play great, but the tour has a very amateur feel this year for obvious reasons, the majors may be the only high level golf we see for a while.

Can you explain?

Up until this week, each stop has been loaded with top players, and finishes have come down to the wire a number of times.

Can you explain?

Up until this week, each stop has been loaded with top players, and finishes have come down to the wire a number of times.

This week will be fun as well.

I wish fans were allowed and their off week event is near Reno this week.

I have to say, the venue is working out better than I had anticipated. The senior tour used to light that course up, so I was dubious they could keep the scores sub -30, honestly. Thompson was so solid and consistent. The course/leaderboard provided the grouped scoring that added some drama.

#18 I thought was more interesting given there were no grandstands behind the hole for a backstop/free drop. They had to give it mucho respect, and 157 yd 3rd shot in for many players was telling as to the wind and lack of bailout in how they were playing it.

I've never played the course. I'm less than 5 miles from it and now I'd like to try it some day. Looks like they made some good changes, and the course is maturing nicely with the trees. Didn't realize there was that much water on the course. The land is so flat up there, they had to dig the dirt out to use for fairways, a la Pete Dye, thus all the resulting water hazards.

I hope they leave that 289 yard par 4 alone (is it #16?) It was fine and they were talking about ripping it up. No one has any patience with anything anymore.
Just the conditions alone change a hole day to day. Sheesh.

Overall, the backdrop of the area up there isn't all that dramatic, and not much course history, etc. Its hard to build an event from the ground up. I kind of like how you feel like you're out there with them for a round though. Very intimate too, just lacking the electricity an audience can bring. I think they could let limited #s in to view and just mask up/social distance. Outdoor venue like that is about as safe as it gets.

Can you explain?

Not enough juice without any majors, it's been an OK season so far at best.

missed a lot of the coverage and the final stretch and by the looks of fantasy, most of my team missed the highlight reel as well.:sick:

Back