ANNOUNCEMENT 2020 Albatross Club is Now Open: THPers Making a Difference Helping Children

Just joined the site a few months ago, but always willing to help out a good cause.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Done!

• Appreciation
  • Appreciation
Some fun announcements are coming up next week for AC members and we have some new things getting ready to be unveiled once the final details are set. Going to be a great ride.

In.

Kind of took a semi break from golf in 2019 as life got in the way, but am looking forward to 2020.

I shared this story with @GolferGal when I signed up this year after missing last year(I think it was last year). If you have never visited St. Jude and witnessed the miracles you need to. My wife is a cancer survivor (over 40 years now) and patient of St. Jude as she had cancer as a teenager. We go back every 5 years or so for her a long term follow up study to see what long lasting effects of the chemo treatment. I am happy to say she is healthier than I am (lol). Just a thought, holding a THP Event in Memphis would be a good way for members to bond and see the work and hope the people bring to the families of the children with cancer. I use the St. Jude ball marker as inspiration on the greens when trying to make a miracle putt.

I shared this story with @GolferGal when I signed up this year after missing last year(I think it was last year). If you have never visited St. Jude and witnessed the miracles you need to. My wife is a cancer survivor (over 40 years now) and patient of St. Jude as she had cancer as a teenager. We go back every 5 years or so for her a long term follow up study to see what long lasting effects of the chemo treatment. I am happy to say she is healthier than I am (lol). Just a thought, holding a THP Event in Memphis would be a good way for members to bond and see the work and hope the people bring to the families of the children with cancer. I use the St. Jude ball marker as inspiration on the greens when trying to make a miracle putt.

Thank you for that story. When we visited their campus it was pretty life changing for me. We love to be able to support in the name of this community of people. It means more than we can share.

As for an event in Memphis, we have done a few things there including VIP trips to True Temper, so ya never know what is right around the corner.

So freaking excited to begin rolling full details of so many of these out.

Already seen are the KBS Experience coming.
The Evolve Foundry returning
and countless others including Srixon, Mizuno, UST Mamiya and more.

Thanks to those that have hopped into the 2020 Albatross Club, and to those that have been enjoying the new THP forum as much as we have.
A great reminder of just one of the things the Alabtross membership gives you access to, this alone is worth the price!

All paid up, happy to be a member once again!

While I was traveling, my wife texted me a picture of a package from THP. Over all of our years together, she has never taken notice of any mail or package to me until this one. "Looks like you got swag from your golf group. How excited are you?" Well, I was really excited. Got home, opened up to find a pop socket. Thank you @JB, @GolferGal, and @Snickerdog. THP is going to make me a better golfer and maybe even a better person, just don't expect either to happen too quickly. :D

Gladly purchased my 2020 membership for this amazing site.

This community is awesome. It has some amazing members and I hope to play golf with all of you at some point.

• Appreciation
Had to feel the site out for a couple of months, well worth the investment

In for another year!!!! Knew something was off when I started seeing 2020 Albatross Club Logo’s!

yes @OITW:welcome:

Just made my donation, I am dubbing this Feel Good Friday!!

• Appreciation
Always the best money I spend every year!

• Appreciation
While I was traveling, my wife texted me a picture of a package from THP. Over all of our years together, she has never taken notice of any mail or package to me until this one. "Looks like you got swag from your golf group. How excited are you?" Well, I was really excited. Got home, opened up to find a pop socket. Thank you @JB, @GolferGal, and @Snickerdog. THP is going to make me a better golfer and maybe even a better person, just don't expect either to happen too quickly. :D

Bumping this thread with a follow up. Albatross Club is about so much more than swag. It is about supporting a community and resource. It is about an important cause (St. Jude Children's Research Hospital). And it opens the door to making impossible opportunities possible with THP events and experiences. I get swag all the time at conferences and meetings. Nice swag, way too much swag. But that little pop socket from THP is the one that matters to me.

Finally had some time to take care of this! The smartest $35 I spend every year!

The pop socket is such an "under-the-radar" device. Gotta say I was hesitant about it last year, but can't imagine not having my THP pop socket on my phone now.

The pop socket is such an "under-the-radar" device. Gotta say I was hesitant about it last year, but can't imagine not having my THP pop socket on my phone now.

Haha. Totally agree. It came about because a friend at one of the companies had one on and I got suckered into using it. Haven't been able to not use it since.

Haha. Totally agree. It came about because a friend at one of the companies had one on and I got suckered into using it. Haven't been able to not use it since.

I didn't install it last year but got the one this year and decided to give it a try. Going to take a little getting used to but I've only had it on for 3 hrs now.

I didn't install it last year but got the one this year and decided to give it a try. Going to take a little getting used to but I've only had it on for 3 hrs now.

Be careful, it's addicting.

Back