EXPERIENCE 2020 Ben Hogan and UST Mamiya Experience

Just played 18 holes of sim golf with @JDax and he used my Hogan irons. He hit them really well as he is getting dialed in for the event.

How did he putt? You know surprises and all

Just played 18 holes of sim golf with @JDax and he used my Hogan irons. He hit them really well as he is getting dialed in for the event.

I’m playing the conservatory course every night On the Golf Club 19 until we go. I don’t think shooting -5 on my PS4 every night is going to help necessarily, but I’ll know those holes like the back of my hand 😂😂

I’m playing the conservatory course every night On the Golf Club 19 until we go. I don’t think shooting -5 on my PS4 every night is going to help necessarily, but I’ll know those holes like the back of my hand 😂😂

Those two golf courses are absolutely perfect. Enjoy them.

Also I think it's Hole 3 the first Par 3 on the front, I made a GIR with driver ;)

According to @robrandalgz I have a match against @MSEASU on Sunday for low net score. Grinding out some game pressure situations.

Three weeks from now I'll be headed to my old man's to crash for the night before catching a 6 AM flight. I strongly suspect these next 3 weeks are going to ccccrrrrraaaawwwwwwwlllllllll by 😂

Those two golf courses are absolutely perfect. Enjoy them.

Also I think it's Hole 3 the first Par 3 on the front, I made a GIR with driver ;)
I think I'm going to take a shortcut to fill the hole at the top of my bag. I'll have the PTX 4-iron but then nothing to my driver. Thought is to do UTry on a 5 or 7 wood so I've got something in between.

I think I'm going to take a shortcut to fill the hole at the top of my bag. I'll have the PTX 4-iron but then nothing to my driver. Thought is to do UTry on a 5 or 7 wood so I've got something in between.
Have you tried the Hogan fairway woods? The 5 wood is in my opinion the best in the line and just a weapon.

Nice, getting a little taste of pressure beforehand. Can only help I'd think lol.
I don’t think one can simulate that “pressure “. It’s all self imposed at an experience.
I just want to enjoy it, laugh, and represent THP, Ben Hogan and UST Mamiya. As long as I can share what I go through with everyone it’s a success IMO.

I'm gaming a different OEM, but my Driver 5w 7w UT setup is freaking OUTSTANDING

I have a similar hole. I’ve got a mental block with woods and hybrids.

I have a similar hole. I’ve got a mental block with woods and hybrids.
I've been able to hit woods pretty well throughout my career but my one experience with a hybrid over 15 years ago was traumatic. Have to decide but it'll be either 5 or 7 wood.

Shot a tidy 83 in the Sim today, with a blow up on the 17th hole.

We played 6000 yards and I just used what Ben Hogan clubs & wedges that were available in HQ. The highest club being a Hogan 3 hybrid...

I don’t think that I will have issues adjusting to these irons from the Apex 19s that are currently in my bag.

I've been able to hit woods pretty well throughout my career but my one experience with a hybrid over 15 years ago was traumatic. Have to decide but it'll be either 5 or 7 wood.
When I came back to golf last summer, I did not own a driver. I got a 5W and used that. I could hit it very well. As I got more comfortable swinging and my iron striking got better I got a driver. In the process of working on Driver and irons, I developed a mental block with my woods/hybrid. I know it's not the clubs.

After the THP experience I plan to invest real time with lessons. that is truly what my game needs at this point.

This is going to be fun to follow! The BH equipment looks really good

Three weeks from now we'll be getting acquainted with our new custom Hogan / UST Mamiya setups...

Last edited:
Looks like it’s near go time and things are heating up. This putter spec requirement looks like it’s going to be a nice surprise. I can’t wait to see how the guys get dialed in. Hogans + Recoils sounds puuuuuuuure!

Looks like it’s near go time and things are heating up. This putter spec requirement looks like it’s going to be a nice surprise. I can’t wait to see how the guys get dialed in. Hogans + Recoils sounds puuuuuuuure!
It's close, but still feels sooo far away :LOL:

It's close, but still feels sooo far away :LOL:

Just get yourself ready. First the wait is eternal. Then, it begins and you step onto a bullet train of awesome overload. Then the train slams to a stop at the end of the event and you’re trying to figure out if you just had the best dream of your life or if that really just happened.

Just get yourself ready. First the wait is eternal. Then, it begins and you step onto a bullet train of awesome overload. Then the train slams to a stop at the end of the event and you’re trying to figure out if you just had the best dream of your life or if that really just happened.
It still feels like a dream just being selected. I looked really hard at a PTX Pro and Equalizer wedge purchase but didn't pull the trigger after I started hitting my Burners very well. Then my Burners started snapping off one by one, and my hand was forced on new irons. Saw the sign up for this event, got wife's permission and threw my name in the mix. Had a set of PTX Pros and two Equalizer wedges in my cart at Hogan, and also was considering the 921 HMPs after hitting them at LGS. Was going to make my decision after seeing if I was selected as one of the lucky participants. Next thing I know I see my name under #TeamTyler and after collecting myself have been on this pre-experience ride. I feel so fortunate and am excited and nervous to make sure I really knock it out of the park bringing the rest of THP along for this ride.

After listening 10+ times...🤷‍♂️
Oh darn the video must have cut off. You will just have to wait till Hammock Beach to see what the customs looks like.

Back