EXPERIENCE 2020 Ben Hogan and UST Mamiya Experience

Slightly heavier, same flex is a great starting point I think. I loved the feel of the Equalizers with the Recoil 780s, but there were just a bit light for me. My father in law has been playing them like a beast though.
Thanks. I know we'll be in great hands with the expert advice we'll get, but your experience is align with my thinking. Are you still in love with your PTxPros?

Thanks. I know we'll be in great hands with the expert advice we'll get, but your experience is align with my thinking. Are you still in love with your PTxPros?
I have owned two additional ( and significantly more expensive) sets of clubs since I got the PTx Pros last November, and the PTx Pros are back in the bag. @X.Man threatened to fist fight me if I took them out again. So yep, I love them. By far the best ball flight and shape of any clubs I have owned in my life.

Since I'm not going, I'm now going to have to buy new Hogans.

I have owned two additional ( and significantly more expensive) sets of clubs since I got the PTx Pros last November, and the PTx Pros are back in the bag. @X.Man threatened to fist fight me if I took them out again. So yep, I love them. By far the best ball flight and shape of any clubs I have owned in my life.

Have you always played that style of iron?

Have you always played that style of iron?
Never, actually. I went P790 (2017) to F9 OL to PTx Pro to Forged Tec and I think I skipped one somewhere but now I am back to the PTx Pro. I went with those based upon the feedback from some of the THPers who participated in the BHG experience, and specifically @J.B. Cobb III's feedback that they were more forgiving than they looked. I think that is spot on. I love the more compact look and the cleaner profile, but they are still surprisingly forgiving.

Since I'm not going, I'm now going to have to buy new Hogans.
Ready to move on from the OG PTX's, huh? Those are really good sticks.

Never, actually. I went P790 (2017) to F9 OL to PTx Pro to Forged Tec and I think I skipped one somewhere but now I am back to the PTx Pro. I went with those based upon the feedback from some of the THPers who participated in the BHG experience, and specifically @J.B. Cobb III's feedback that they were more forgiving than they looked. I think that is spot on. I love the more compact look and the cleaner profile, but they are still surprisingly forgiving.
Thanks. that is exactly what i was hoping to hear. I'm in strong ponder...heavy lean.

Thanks. that is exactly what i was hoping to hear. I'm in strong ponder...heavy lean.
FWIW, I am currently an ~18 HC (although @X.Man and @Canes refuse to play me for money 😂) and came down from a ~22 with these clubs. So its not as if I am some natural stick.

FWIW, I am currently an ~18 HC (although @X.Man and @Canes refuse to play me for money 😂) and came down from a ~22 with these clubs. So its not as if I am some natural stick.
My current goal is to go from a 22 to an 18!

My current goal is to go from a 22 to an 18!
It sounds like you all have some really excitings things being planned by JB for this experience, and really that's what it is all about. But if you are even a decent ball stryker (or willing to become one) then the PTx Pros are an excellent choice. For me, I thought the Edge irons launched a bit too high, especially in the scoring irons. But they felt great.

I can't fully verify what he's saying but I hit the PTX Pro's a few times and was also impressed by the forgiveness. They do look a little intimidating profile wise at first (compared to my Burner 2.0s) but the strikes were very good for me.

It sounds like you all have some really excitings things being planned by JB for this experience, and really that's what it is all about. But if you are even a decent ball stryker (or willing to become one) then the PTx Pros are an excellent choice. For me, I thought the Edge irons launched a bit too high, especially in the scoring irons. But they felt great.

Yeah, JB's late night for the east coasters teaser really have us buzzing with excitement. The whole experience will be remember for a lifetime.

I definitely want to become a decent ball striker. My iron play is better than the other full swing aspects so I may have potential. I don't know if my scoring irons launch too high, but I always find my ball next to the bark mark on the greens with my G410s.

Oh man, maybe I should consider the Edges. One of my many complaints about my game is having such a low ballflight :LOL:

Ready to move on from the OG PTX's, huh? Those are really good sticks.
I've read some good things about the Icon's and was hoping to get into this event to have some built. I am still playing my PtX's and I still love them, they have been fantastic for me! I almost upgraded to the PtX Pro when it came out but since the Icon's have been released I'm 'jonsen' to fill my bag with them.

He can play.
Little known fact...he best Gary Woodland too.
He did beat Gary Woodland... And he has that going for him.

I've read some good things about the Icon's and was hoping to get into this event to have some built. I am still playing my PtX's and I still love them, they have been fantastic for me! I almost upgraded to the PtX Pro when it came out but since the Icon's have been released I'm 'jonsen' to fill my bag with them.
Big difference between the PTx, PTx Pros, and ICONS! I believe the PTx Pros are more forgiving than the original PTx, but the ICONS are still blades. They were easier to hit than expected, especially in the long irons, but if you want them, I would strongly suggest a combo set!

From this...

497F9E72-E9D6-4ABC-9B72-FDDAF49ECB5E.jpeg

To joining Team Danny...

44D0A8D7-4B61-4F93-B8B7-78B8B7E23AEC.gif

I can assume you are Rodman there?

Oh man, maybe I should consider the Edges. One of my many complaints about my game is having such a low ballflight :LOL:

Don't sleep on them, especially if you need some forgiveness

1600895804101.png

Don't sleep on them, especially if you need some forgiveness
Probably shouldn't but it's a pride thing. Basically feel like if I go with the Edge I'm giving up on ever improving. Whereas the PTX Pro's, or even combo, feels like I'm committing to improving. My brain is not doing me any favors lol.

Probably shouldn't but it's a pride thing. Basically feel like if I go with the Edge I'm giving up on ever improving. Whereas the PTX Pro's, or even combo, feels like I'm committing to improving. My brain is not doing me any favors lol.
I’m not telling you where to go or even what choices will exist, but definitely don’t think like that. You can improve with anything, heck I got down to a 2 with hybrid irons

I’m not telling you where to go or even what choices will exist, but definitely don’t think like that. You can improve with anything, heck I got down to a 2 with hybrid irons
I know I shouldn't think like that, stupid male ego :banghead:

Back