2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Beer, wings, bourbon, and taco’s are keeping me in perfect condition ?
Better you could be better food and drink! Nothing wrong with that!

There are other ways to improve while still eating/drinking that too, just saying ;)

First of all, sorry to hear about the mother-in-law. I'm sure this is a difficult time, so I hope everything works out for the best for her, as well as you and your wife.

Glad to see you and your wife are choosing to change your lifestyles, and can't stress enough how much easier it is when you have someone else to go through the journey with. Glad you both are in this together. Hopefully you stay active here, and we can continue to give you motivation as well!
Thanks a lot gkeller! I'll feel like I've got some more company with this THP thread too :)

Thanks a lot gkeller! I'll feel like I've got some more company with this THP thread too :)
Of course, glad to do it! Always glad to add more to this group!

Lab work this evening and required to take it easy. Frustrating but will just have to make up for it over the next few days

Lab work this evening and required to take it easy. Frustrating but will just have to make up for it over the next few days
Thats unfortunate, but I'm sure you will come back and hopefully with less pain!

Mens league soccer game tonight. 50 minutes of running with now subs. I'm beat. Wish my legs were 10 years younger!

Mens league soccer game tonight. 50 minutes of running with now subs. I'm beat. Wish my legs were 10 years younger!
Last time I was in an outdoor soccer league it was ridiculous. I've never ran so much in my life

Last time I was in an outdoor soccer league it was ridiculous. I've never ran so much in my life
I cant do outdoor anymore, but the field we play on is still pretty large for being indoors, and we play 8 a side with no walls. Been playing there since my college days with the same basic group of guys. Really enjoy it, but dont know how many years of wear and tear my legs can handle.

A change yesterday has now led me to hit the treadmill for 2 miles in the morning and I'll do my T25 after work.

A change yesterday has now led me to hit the treadmill for 2 miles in the morning and I'll do my T25 after work.
Is this walking an addition to your normal T25?

Is this walking an addition to your normal T25?

Absolutely. I normally do over 10,000 steps a day with the treadmill thrown in. The bar I worked at part-time closed yesterday, so now I can treadmill in the morning and do the workout in the afternoon when I get home from my normal job.

Absolutely. I normally do over 10,000 steps a day with the treadmill thrown in. The bar I worked at part-time closed yesterday, so now I can treadmill in the morning and do the workout in the afternoon when I get home from my normal job.
Sorry about the loss of that part-time work. But glad to see you are filling it with some investment in yourself!

Busy day of work and road trip afterwards.. This week is working against me for proper exercise. I'll stick to the diet and get as much exercise as I can in over the weekend

Busy day of work and road trip afterwards.. This week is working against me for proper exercise. I'll stick to the diet and get as much exercise as I can in over the weekend
Work in what you can, when you can, and you will be alright!

I did this to hold myself accountable, and help other remain accountable. So during lunch you're going to see a flurry of activity reaching out to those who have commented in this thread, but whom I haven't heard from a lot. We've had over 50 people comment, but only a handful remain truly active, so hopefully we can get some more people to join in on a regular basis! Let's go!

I did this to hold myself accountable, and help other remain accountable. So during lunch you're going to see a flurry of activity reaching out to those who have commented in this thread, but whom I haven't heard from a lot. We've had over 50 people comment, but only a handful remain truly active, so hopefully we can get some more people to join in on a regular basis! Let's go!
Accountability is key! I'm going to try to stick with the group even on weeks like this one which don't go according to plan. When I'm recovering from the hand surgery I'll be sticking to the diet and encouraging you guys!

Sorry about the loss of that part-time work. But glad to see you are filling it with some investment in yourself!
It is what it is. I'll just have to find another bar that's hiring. At least I didn't lose my main gig!

Goals for myself are to keep off the weight I lost in the last year by continuing my low carb diet and doing cardio. Tried a treadmill and the impact on my knee made that a no go. Mentioned to the wife about getting a rower a couple of weeks ago and this morning she told me she had ordered one from Amazon, no idea what it is and guess I will find out next Monday.
Hey @Turtlerancher just want to follow up to see how your 2020 is going so far?

I got on paternity leave starting Thursday. I'm planning on doing some Yoga daily as I've been putting it off for years. I also renewed the gym membership so hopefully I can sneak away for at least 30 minutes 3 to 5 times a week.

Gonna try to make weight loss and muscle gain a priority if for nothing else - so I can be active with my kids as they get older.
Just wanted to check in @Nappy to see how your yoga and gym workouts have been going. Want you to stay active for those kids, which is a huge goal of my own!

My IT Office desk job has kicked my butt over the last couple of years. Time to drop 20 lbs. It was easier to keep the weight off when I was playing soccer 3 times a week. Not so much anymore. Already started a work out regiment focused on golf and taking some routine stuff from my soccer playing days. Right now I am doing an hour 4 times a week, half workout/cardio, half stretching.
Hey @Tevenor hope your enjoying yourself as you prepare for the Distance Bash. just checking to see how you doing so far with your 2020 goals!

I don’t have any drastic goals for fitness but I’d like to make some minor changes to start. Diet wise, cutting back on sugar
Just checking in @Molten how's the cutting back on sugar going during 2020?

Overal goals are a little vague but want to increase my max lifts for a few standard movements and work on my endurance as well throughout the year. I think 10% increase for lifts is attainable but need to confirm two lifts before putting my plan together. That’s this month’s goal. Endurance might be tougher but I think I will have a short and long workout and use those a few times this year to see how I perform. Sounds good in my mind but putting it on paper is next.
Hey @BlueHen2006 how your 2020 plan coming together so far?

Looking forward to this thread. I need to get going on the fitness thing. Pushing 40 and it’s starting to show haha.
Hey @Nerdy_81 how is the fitness going so far in 2020? Don't want you to get to 40 without a little push in the right direction!

I will bite. I have had super interesting fitness journey. I played College Baseball, but after an injury I really let myself go.. Getting all the way up to 280 pounds.

I have sort of fluctuated up and down over the past few years, getting down to as low as 187 pounds for my wedding in June of 2019. After I got married, I sort of stopped caring about food and the gym took a back seat, but I am back on the horse and going regularly again.

I know what it takes to get back to where I was, and I have some pretty big trips coming this year I want to feel comfortable in my own skin for.

My 2020 Fitness Goals:
  1. Finally break that 187 barrier and get down to 185
  2. Compete in a Tough Mudder or Spartan Race of Some Kind
  3. Become more flexible
  4. 4 or more days a week in the gym, even while traveling for work
@TexasHacker34 how's it been going working towards your 2020 goals?

I've been fighting awful sinus issues for almost a month now but feel like I'm on my way up.

I will be joining in on this thread soon.
Good afternoon @KY Golfer how's your 2020 Fitness been going? Not too much longer until the MC, time to get into high gear and prepare!

Back