2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Morning boys, only a few days left in the months. Make the best you can. We turning the corner for some warmer months ahead for some of us...

Morning boys, only a few days left in the months. Make the best you can. We turning the corner for some warmer months ahead for some of us...
I sure hope we are. Been a weird winter for us here, so I'm holding my breath as I just feel like we have to get one big snow, but hoping I'm wrong!

Let's finish February strong guys!

I didn’t want to but forced my ass up this morning and took the spin class. Feel great - glad I did.
Always feel like I get the most out of the workouts I do when I really didn't want to do them. Funny how the mind and body work! Keep it up buddy!

I didn’t want to but forced my ass up this morning and took the spin class. Feel great - glad I did.
Planning to lift weights tonight. Last week got away from me but this week I'm putting the pedal down!

I need someone to jump start me.

I need someone to jump start me.
Done!

Now what are your goals? What are you looking to accomplish in 2020? We have a little bit of everything in here, from diet, to strength, to flexibility, to just feeling better. Let us know and we'll support you man!

What do you want to make better, physically?

more than anything else, motivation. I know what I need to do, know what I should do, know how to do those things. Just have little motivation.

more than anything else, motivation. I know what I need to do, know what I should do, know how to do those things. Just have little motivation.
I think we can provide that!

Something that has helped me stay on track is to give actionable, tangible goals. Instead of do pushups, I say I will do 150 push ups each day. Instead of do yoga, I say do 30 minutes of yoga per day. That has helped me stay on track. I also try to post in here each day, either what I've done, or what I haven't done, so that I'm keeping a log for myself.

Go get stronger. You'll live longer.

Also, do some squats, they're good for your heart.

Also, stretching isn't that useful.

I ended up ordering this rowing machine. There was a good one $100 less but I want fan and magnetic resistance. I think this will do the job just fine and my wife is also interested in it so bonus. View attachment 8920665
Thinking about getting one myself. You've had it for a bit now so I wanted to see how you feel about the rower?

Anyone want to join me for a lenten workout commitment? Mine is to go to gym/exercise every day during lent!

Thinking about getting one myself. You've had it for a bit now so I wanted to see how you feel about the rower?
I still think it’s one of the best full body workouts in one piece of equipment. Including cardio with all the muscle work. Plus it’s low impact, kind of like riding a bike but your entire body is involved.

Anyone want to join me for a lenten workout commitment? Mine is to go to gym/exercise every day during lent!
Yes, I am in!

How you feeling?

Sore, and more tired than I thought. After I got home Friday I texted my dept. chair at school & told her I was hoping to come back tomorrow (Tue) & she (wisely) said plan on being out the whole week. I think undergoing general anesthesia twice makes it tougher.

Gonna take it slow & hopefully no setbacks

As soon as I can - I'll be with you!

Sore, and more tired than I thought. After I got home Friday I texted my dept. chair at school & told her I was hoping to come back tomorrow (Tue) & she (wisely) said plan on being out the whole week. I think undergoing general anesthesia twice makes it tougher.

Gonna take it slow & hopefully no setbacks
Goodluck getting back into the swing of things! I know it's difficult, butvtske it easy and you'll be back at it before you know it!

How many squats are you doing?

And yeah, stairs can be tough when suffering from DOMs. But the DOMs should go away. Especially if you're doing your part with recovery. Make sure you're getting enough protein.

Tonight was 45 including warm ups work sets.

I think my protein intake is ok, I’ve got an appointment with a nutritionist this week to work on what my diet should look like for my goals Just to make sure though.

MRI in the morning to see what is/was causing back spasms. Haven't had any since Friday. Keeping fingers crossed.

Back