2020 Better You Fitness Thread

I have a work meeting tonight but still want to get in a workout afterwards if at all possible

Anyone want to join me for a lenten workout commitment? Mine is to go to gym/exercise every day during lent!
Hopefully you didn't give up playing awesome TEE equipment for Lent! Fantastic win!

I have a work meeting tonight but still want to get in a workout afterwards if at all possible
Always difficult to get it done later. If I sit on the couch after getting the kids down nothing is getting done. Haven't say on a couch before a workout, so I've been keeping on it. Good luck tonight!

Down 7lbs more in the last 2 weeks. Cardio is working but lifting not so good. May wait a bit longer to add in weights due to low calorie diet.

Down 7lbs more in the last 2 weeks. Cardio is working but lifting not so good. May wait a bit longer to add in weights due to low calorie diet.
Good job with your continued weight loss! Hopefully you can find a way to add in those weights. I know the more active I am, the better I feel. Keep it up!

What is Speed 1.0?

It's part of the Focus T25 program I'm doing. There's cardio, speed 1.0, total body circuit, ab intervals and lower focus. 1.0 is about speed, stretching and agility. I really like the cardio part though.

Getting MRI results this afternoon for my lower back. Hoping it comes back negative. Haven't had spasms since last Friday. Keeping fingers crossed. I continue to hit the gym with primarily stretching and lighter weight training.

Good job with your continued weight loss! Hopefully you can find a way to add in those weights. I know the more active I am, the better I feel. Keep it up!
Thanks. I’m down about 33lbs in 2 months on a doctor monitored diet and cardio 4x a week. Got the okay to add light weights but I think due to such low calories I have no strength to lift. Will bring it up on my next visit.

Getting MRI results this afternoon for my lower back. Hoping it comes back negative. Haven't had spasms since last Friday. Keeping fingers crossed. I continue to hit the gym with primarily stretching and lighter weight training.
I'm hoping the best for you as well!

I hope it's nothing serious. But I am willing to bet $1 they find degenerative disc disease.

Always difficult to get it done later. If I sit on the couch after getting the kids down nothing is getting done. Haven't say on a couch before a workout, so I've been keeping on it. Good luck tonight!
Fortunately I'm used to working out once the kids are in bed

I hope it's nothing serious. But I am willing to bet $1 they find degenerative disc disease.
Only a couple hrs away from finding out. My guess is some arthritis and pulled muscles due to very tight hips. Have been working on flexibility and have significantly improved that. So, we shall see.

I'm pretty happy with training tonight. Squatted more than I ever have before. Bench presses went good too. I'm happy. Yay progress. Squats were: 425x3; 455x1; 490x1 (PR). Bench presses were: 315x3; 325x1; 345x1

I started out pretty good in January but now that we are at the end of Feb it looks more like this8EBDFD9B-3C9C-4DF8-BE8D-8B3168AE6EDE.jpeg

Only a couple hrs away from finding out. My guess is some arthritis and pulled muscles due to very tight hips. Have been working on flexibility and have significantly improved that. So, we shall see.
Well, looks like several herniated discs. Going to a pain management dr for shots.

Well, looks like several herniated discs. Going to a pain management dr for shots.
Good luck on this continuing journey. Hoping it results in less and less pain for you in the long run!

Just finished my workout!! The work meeting went late but the food was within my diet and I pushed through the workout!!

Just finished my workout!! The work meeting went late but the food was within my diet and I pushed through the workout!!
I give you credit, after what sounds like a long day, you still got it done!

I got my push ups in and same with the yoga. My knee was bothering me today, so I skipped the lower body work out, but it feels good this morning so tonight I will get that in!

I don't like the cardio portion of the T25 but I did it. Did my 1.5 miles on the treadmill this morning and will be doing lower focus on T25 this arvo.

I'm pretty happy with training tonight. Squatted more than I ever have before. Bench presses went good too. I'm happy. Yay progress. Squats were: 425x3; 455x1; 490x1 (PR). Bench presses were: 315x3; 325x1; 345x1
5 wheels is within reach!

I have been keeping up with my exercises, and recently came across a resistance band in the house, so have also been using that to do some stretching exercises as well

I should really knuckle down and do something to shift weight now, as that isn't changing, but at least it isn't going up anymore despite being sat behind a desk and not walking 1.5 miles nearly every day like I used to do at my previous job

I give you credit, after what sounds like a long day, you still got it done!

I got my push ups in and same with the yoga. My knee was bothering me today, so I skipped the lower body work out, but it feels good this morning so tonight I will get that in!
The accountability helps.. And each workout feels better.. Getting there!!

Took it a little lighter on the bike last night, but still put in over 30 minutes. 20 days until FL!

The accountability helps.. And each workout feels better.. Getting there!!
Good, glad you feel like you're making progress. And me holding you accountable, helps me hold me accountable!

Back