2020 Better You Fitness Thread

27 holes today and it was carts on path so got a workout.
How'd you hit them? At this point, I'd just like to get out, and it wouldn't matter what my score was. Been raining like crazy here.

Yesterday I put out some pre-emergent weed control using a manual walk behind spreader. Walked just over 2 miles pushing this spreader, and man I don't have many hills, just small changes in elevation, and it gave me a heck of a work out. Glad to be outside between the rain showers. Did that and my pushups, and I was feeling it this morning for sure.

Walked my dog 3 times yesterday and this morning. Also, mowed the yard and put down weed and feed.

Thursday, I had to yank on my lawnmower starter about 40 times before it kicked over (first mow of the year). No back pain. So, that is a good sign.

How'd you hit them? At this point, I'd just like to get out, and it wouldn't matter what my score was. Been raining like crazy here.

Yesterday I put out some pre-emergent weed control using a manual walk behind spreader. Walked just over 2 miles pushing this spreader, and man I don't have many hills, just small changes in elevation, and it gave me a heck of a work out. Glad to be outside between the rain showers. Did that and my pushups, and I was feeling it this morning for sure.
The first 9 was a challenge as I had to try a new grip as the finger is still tender. The middle 9 was the most solid but the final nine was also good and I finished with a birdie. Today was mainly hanging out with the kids and a lot of work but need to step up the lifting and cardio this week.

20200324_160017.jpg

Having the gym to yourself all the time is about as depressing as working out at home. Trying to stick to it though. Hope everyone is staying fit and healthy as best they can.

Love the yardwork ideas. I'd be all over that if we weren't moving.

Still on the stretching every morning regime and added push ups and crunches, sort of funny that being more flexible (going from a 2x4 stiffness to a 1x2 for reference) my golf swing has tanked, some great swings with many more WTF moments.
Going to stay at it since the hips feel great but the back is killing me, but the back pain I have had for 40 years, the not being able to walk hip thing was terrifying.

Maybe the swing will come around with reps, if I can get out and get some.

Played 9 holes in under an hour and a half.. Was unexpected but awesome

View attachment 8933498

Having the gym to yourself all the time is about as depressing as working out at home. Trying to stick to it though. Hope everyone is staying fit and healthy as best they can.

Love the yardwork ideas. I'd be all over that if we weren't moving.
Glad to see you sticking to it. Keep it up and push through! We'll be here for your gym motivation!

Still on the stretching every morning regime and added push ups and crunches, sort of funny that being more flexible (going from a 2x4 stiffness to a 1x2 for reference) my golf swing has tanked, some great swings with many more WTF moments.
Going to stay at it since the hips feel great but the back is killing me, but the back pain I have had for 40 years, the not being able to walk hip thing was terrifying.

Maybe the swing will come around with reps, if I can get out and get some.
I'm sure it will come around! Just a bit more play in the swing with that increased flexibility! You'll figure it out. I'm in the same boat as you though just waiting to get out, I need the weather to cooperate!

In an effort to offset the amount of grazing of junk food I'm doing while stuck at home I'm trying to make it a habit to do situps and pushups throughout my day in between sales calls. At least every twenty minutes or so I'm going to kick out 20-30 situps and maybe 10 pushups at a time. At least that's the goal. Maybe I'll be able to keep looking presentable while in house arrest.

I'm headed to my garage Sim for some swing work.. Feeling tired but going to pick through it

Okay this rough year at work has taken its toll and I've lost so much ground that I gained last year in fitness. Tonight I decided to take my life back. I have the blueprint. Just gotta put in the work and stick to the diet. Here we go....In December, I'll be in the best shape of my life.

COVID has caused all the disruption... I was doing so well... Weather needs to be nice and I'll start my running outside again... With the lack of activities outside of work maybe a 10k is in my future...

Took almost a week off to let the joints heal. Went out yesterday and knees were on fire, I could barely force a jog. Gutted out one mile yesterday. Today was marginally better. 2 miles at 10:00. Working squats and lunges tonight hoping the pain is muscular not joint deterioration.

In an effort to offset the amount of grazing of junk food I'm doing while stuck at home I'm trying to make it a habit to do situps and pushups throughout my day in between sales calls. At least every twenty minutes or so I'm going to kick out 20-30 situps and maybe 10 pushups at a time. At least that's the goal. Maybe I'll be able to keep looking presentable while in house arrest.
I've been doing some of that since working from home. It's been a nice way for me to get in a little extra work during the day. Just you said, just a quick break where I will stretch a little, then maybe get some pushups in. I think you can do that on a daily basis no problem!

Okay this rough year at work has taken its toll and I've lost so much ground that I gained last year in fitness. Tonight I decided to take my life back. I have the blueprint. Just gotta put in the work and stick to the diet. Here we go....In December, I'll be in the best shape of my life.
Nice, glad you decided to make the jump and get to a better you! I'm excited to follow your progress as you move towards the Grandaddy in December! Good luck, and can't wait to see how your blueprint builds you back to your fitness goals!

COVID has caused all the disruption... I was doing so well... Weather needs to be nice and I'll start my running outside again... With the lack of activities outside of work maybe a 10k is in my future...
Oh man, I need that weather to turn for the same reasons. I've been enjoying lifting and such, but I need to get out for a run or a bike ride. Nothing crazy, but just need to get some fresh air in my lungs!

Took almost a week off to let the joints heal. Went out yesterday and knees were on fire, I could barely force a jog. Gutted out one mile yesterday. Today was marginally better. 2 miles at 10:00. Working squats and lunges tonight hoping the pain is muscular not joint deterioration.
Good luck, and I too hope is only some muscle pain. Keep doing what you can, and hopefully that will put you in a better place fitness wise.

I'm going to try my first full lifting session since the surgery today. The finger feels great so no more babying it

Didn’t feel great today, but pushed it knowing tomorrow is a 100% no running day. Made it 4 miles in just under 40 minutes. That’s the furthest I’ve gone in over 15 years! Keeping the Tylenol and ibuprofen flowing. Hoping one day of recovery is enough to test 5-6 miles on Saturday.

Didn’t feel great today, but pushed it knowing tomorrow is a 100% no running day. Made it 4 miles in just under 40 minutes. That’s the furthest I’ve gone in over 15 years! Keeping the Tylenol and ibuprofen flowing. Hoping one day of recovery is enough to test 5-6 miles on Saturday.
Just keep working towards your goal! You have a fun trip out there in December that should provide some motivation!

Glad I've seen all 3 members of the 2020 Grandaddy team in here so far! Captain @MattyD-MPLS has been missing for a while in here. But I saw he was doing some 30 oz. curls to celebrate, so I'm sure he's still on track!

We're heading to Little Rock tomorrow to try to find some kind of temporary housing situation there, and I'll work out before we leave. With the gyms closed there though, and the hotel the company is putting us up in not really having a gym, looks like I'm going to miss my first workout since Dec. 7th 2018 this Sunday. It's a small thing in life, but I'm not loving the idea of that. Gonna have to get creative...

Starting over sucks! That is all.

I know there's a lot of challenges right now for most of us to get to a gym, get outside, and just in general, but let's find a way to finish March strong!

Back