2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Bumping this one up to see if anyone want to join in an April push up challenge. I plan on 200 a day. What goal would you want to try to hit each day for the month?

I need to get back on track with my diet.. I've been off the last week and a half and I feel like crap.

I need to get back on track with my diet.. I've been off the last week and a half and I feel like crap.
It's one thing that I've been doing good with. Not eating sweets has helped me feel more energetic. I have been getting more balanced meals and snacking is non existent, also leading to more energy. You can do it, just need to meal plan and avoid those things you know you shouldn't have. Make it a habit and it will pay off for you!

I'm definitely stress eating, but I'm trying to limit it to healthy/ semi healthy stuff. Granola bars, nut bars, olives, raisins. E.t.c. I'm pretty pleased as we've been off work and trapped inside for 2 weeks and I'm still down 35lbs from Jan 1!

I'm definitely stress eating, but I'm trying to limit it to healthy/ semi healthy stuff. Granola bars, nut bars, olives, raisins. E.t.c. I'm pretty pleased as we've been off work and trapped inside for 2 weeks and I'm still down 35lbs from Jan 1!
It's a lot easier with an entire pantry just a few steps away. But glad you have healthy options, and great work so far this year! Do you have a goal in mind you want to hit?

It's a lot easier with an entire pantry just a few steps away. But glad you have healthy options, and great work so far this year! Do you have a goal in mind you want to hit?
Thanks! I want to get to 215-220.(Currently at 235) I think for my height and width, that would be a healthy limit. Most importantly, getting off BP meds, and losing the pre-diabetic label from my doc. That's what started my weight loss.

Threw in the towel completely. Zero weights lifted or cardio for exactly 1 month this Sunday. Plenty of golf.

It was nice. It was fun. Eating a lot and being lazy. Enjoyed it to be honest. But not a lifestyle I care to embrace for an extended period of time.

Starting at home workouts Monday, biking, jogging, core exercises.

Going to crush pizza, fries, bacon, tacos, ice cream the next few days until a grocery run this weekend with plenty of fruits and healthier food to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely hate my exercise bike, yet I really enjoy getting out there on the junky bike we have and riding around the neighborhood.

Weird how that works. That said, happy I'm doing it lately. Feels like I'm actually contributing to the THP Better You movement.

Thanks! I want to get to 215-220.(Currently at 235) I think for my height and width, that would be a healthy limit. Most importantly, getting off BP meds, and losing the pre-diabetic label from my doc. That's what started my weight loss.
You are on a good path, so here's to keeping it going! Those seem like very good reason to be on this journey of weight loss.

Threw in the towel completely. Zero weights lifted or cardio for exactly 1 month this Sunday. Plenty of golf.

It was nice. It was fun. Eating a lot and being lazy. Enjoyed it to be honest. But not a lifestyle I care to embrace for an extended period of time.

Starting at home workouts Monday, biking, jogging, core exercises.

Going to crush pizza, fries, bacon, tacos, ice cream the next few days until a grocery run this weekend with plenty of fruits and healthier food to eat.

Its easy to fall into the habit of being lazy, eating what's easy or what you crave. With some direction, planning, and hard work you can get back to feeling better! Best of luck, and hopefully you can work towards your health goals this year!

I absolutely hate my exercise bike, yet I really enjoy getting out there on the junky bike we have and riding around the neighborhood.

Weird how that works. That said, happy I'm doing it lately. Feels like I'm actually contributing to the THP Better You movement.
I understand completely. Getting outside and riding or running is 100 x's better than indoors. It's probably because we were meant to be outside. I love feeling the wind, the sun, and getting some fresh air. Sometimes though, the weather dictates we stay inside, because I like the wind, but not when it's 30 degrees, and most of the winter month the sun isn't out here in Ohio :cautious: But either way, glad you are contributing, and I'm sure it pays off for you come May in Utah!

I understand completely. Getting outside and riding or running is 100 x's better than indoors. It's probably because we were meant to be outside. I love feeling the wind, the sun, and getting some fresh air. Sometimes though, the weather dictates we stay inside, because I like the wind, but not when it's 30 degrees, and most of the winter month the sun isn't out here in Ohio :cautious: But either way, glad you are contributing, and I'm sure it pays off for you come May in Utah!
I feel like for me, it's more about actually feeling like I'm going somewhere, and seeing the progress.

When I'm just sitting still inside, it doesn't feel natural.

I feel like for me, it's more about actually feeling like I'm going somewhere, and seeing the progress.

Your legs went a mile. But the rest of you hasn't moved and is still staring at the same wall as when you began.

Its easy to fall into the habit of being lazy, eating what's easy or what you crave. With some direction, planning, and hard work you can get back to feeling better! Best of luck, and hopefully you can work towards your health goals this year!
Oh this was done completely on purpose. My original plan was just to take a week off and then all of the COVID-19 stuff happened with fitness center closures and I literally just said I’m going to give myself a month off and enjoy it. Which i have.

Monday I’ll get back into a routine.

I am the same way. I have a high end Carbon Fiber road bike that I love to ride... outside. I bought a Smart trainer that I can use with it inside that uses a program and TV to seem like you are riding outside. It evens adjust to make you feel as if you are actually going up or down hills. It's not the same and I've gotten bored with it so now it sits in the garage.

This is why I've always struggled with exercise bikes and treadmills

Oh this was done completely on purpose. My original plan was just to take a week off and then all of the COVID-19 stuff happened with fitness center closures and I literally just said I’m going to give myself a month off and enjoy it. Which i have.

Monday I’ll get back into a routine.

Not a bad time to take a break!

Been pretty good about staying active during this quarantine nonsense. Bodyweight workout, mobility, yoga and keeping my cardio up either running or doing stuff at home.

Been pretty good about staying active during this quarantine nonsense. Bodyweight workout, mobility, yoga and keeping my cardio up either running or doing stuff at home.
The bodyweight and dumbbell workouts have been key for me. Added more strength training and I'm feeling good about where I'm at. Keep it up man!

Alright 2 days in to my 200 per day pushup challenge and I must say, that extra 50 is difficult. I thought one more set of 50 wouldnt be bad, but geesh, it's been a chore. Having to break it up a bit so I can get them in, but overall, it'll be good to push my comfort level.

Fortunately diet is ok, but damn the rain - need some motivation for that first run in the morning... needs to start - cabin fever is setting in... hoping to walk the golf course this weekend.

I haven't gone on a run in almost 2 weeks because my daughter sprained her ankle and didn't want me running without her. I got her ankle wraps and she felt good yesterday so we wrapped the ankle and went on a jog, then walked (to see the horses she loves) then she said it was sore so I carried her the rest of the way back to be safe as I don't want it to flare up again. It was some extra (unplanned) exercise. I just want her ankle to heal as I was enjoying running with her and started to improve my cardio!

I'm embarrassed to say that over this last month I have almost completely ignored being healthy. I have eaten in an unhealthy way, I eat more than I need more often than I need to. I have also consumed a lot of alcohol. I am just about to an all time high weight.

I have decided to give Noom a try. Over the last few days I have been walking a lot, I got my mountain bike out and went for a short ride, yesterday I started with a simple workout plan from Noom, this involved light dumbbells, I'm actually sore from the squats and lunges.

Hopefully I'm back on track, I'm gonna severely limit the beer and booze for a while!

I'm embarrassed to say that over this last month I have almost completely ignored being healthy. I have eaten in an unhealthy way, I eat more than I need more often than I need to. I have also consumed a lot of alcohol. I am just about to an all time high weight.

I have decided to give Noom a try. Over the last few days I have been walking a lot, I got my mountain bike out and went for a short ride, yesterday I started with a simple workout plan from Noom, this involved light dumbbells, I'm actually sore from the squats and lunges.

Hopefully I'm back on track, I'm gonna severely limit the beer and booze for a while!
Looks like you took a good couple of first steps. Just keep at it and you will see the results! Diet and exercise will lead to a better you going forward! I've been doing a lot of dumbbell workouts, and they really work your entire body. I'll post up my routine later, as I've enjoyed it and its pushed me in my fitness routine.

Back