2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Last couple of days I've been keeping on track with pushups and my yoga routine. Feels good to stay in this.

Wednesday night has my cardio night, and where my legs usually feel really sore for the next day, they felt pretty good. I did stretch a lot after my game, so I think this will be added to my cardio from now on.

Thinking of a better me for 2020, I'm still looking at ways to improve myself outside of just physical fitness. Stress and eating bad are some habits I have while at work, and I put on roughly 10 lbs since before Christmas. A lot of that is the unhealthy snacking I do here, while also remining pretty still throughout the day. How do you guys cope with these 2 items, stress and eating bad at work? What else do you have that gets in your way of feeling better than you do now?

Keep it up everyone who has jumped in, I know we have a long journey but can't wait to see where everyone goes! To anyone else, jump in and engage!

7:00am and workout is behind me. 45 min lift and 55 cycle class. Rinse and repeat tomorrow. A little stretching while I’m watching Today Show

7:00am and workout is behind me. 45 min lift and 55 cycle class. Rinse and repeat tomorrow. A little stretching while I’m watching Today Show
Always feels good to get it down in the morning! Makes me start the day feeling accomplished!

Thinking of a better me for 2020, I'm still looking at ways to improve myself outside of just physical fitness. Stress and eating bad are some habits I have while at work, and I put on roughly 10 lbs since before Christmas. A lot of that is the unhealthy snacking I do here, while also remining pretty still throughout the day. How do you guys cope with these 2 items, stress and eating bad at work? What else do you have that gets in your way of feeling better than you do now?
I deal with a lot of stress at work too. I think you’re on the right track with yoga and meditation, it’s helped me deal with everyday worries much better. As for food, my work has a free hot cafeteria so it’s easy to eat poorly. I always eat a broccoli and spinach salad in the morning, to make sure I get my veggies in right away. That way, even if I eat poorly the rest of the day, at least I know I got some veggies in.

I‘m doing well in keeping up with my workouts, I even did a couple rowing sessions the past couple gym workouts and it felt pretty good. I also read about some golf-centric workouts to do with kettlebells in Golf Digest and have started incorporating that into my workouts

I deal with a lot of stress at work too. I think you’re on the right track with yoga and meditation, it’s helped me deal with everyday worries much better. As for food, my work has a free hot cafeteria so it’s easy to eat poorly. I always eat a broccoli and spinach salad in the morning, to make sure I get my veggies in right away. That way, even if I eat poorly the rest of the day, at least I know I got some veggies in.

I‘m doing well in keeping up with my workouts, I even did a couple rowing sessions the past couple gym workouts and it felt pretty good. I also read about some golf-centric workouts to do with kettlebells in Golf Digest and have started incorporating that into my workouts
I just need to get back on track bringing my healthy snacks, instead of relying on the vending machine at work!

I traveled the first two weeks of the year for work but this thread is getting me motivated to stop making excuses and to make some time for this.

I traveled the first two weeks of the year for work but this thread is getting me motivated to stop making excuses and to make some time for this.
Do it! That's why I started this, to give me accountability and to just stop making lame excuses!

Done fitnessing for the week. Good quick session. Bench press 285 3x5. Safety bar squats 265 3x5. Dips 3x10. Romanian dumbbell deadlifts 100s 4x10.

75 minutes.

Done fitnessing for the week. Good quick session. Bench press 285 3x5. Safety bar squats 265 3x5. Dips 3x10. Romanian dumbbell deadlifts 100s 4x10.

75 minutes.
Great work this week @blugold enjoy your weekend of (hopefully) relaxing!

Started crossfit ?️‍♂️one year ago. Lost 25lbs. I am sure my fat % is way down. I am a lot stronger and more flexible?. Not bad for pushing 60 years old. Golf game was a lot more constant last year. Hopefully I will make a turn for better this year in golf game and score will drop. . I workout Mon, Tue, Thur at night. Wed and Fri mornings. Good people at my gym. that is where i met @j_sizzle9

Started crossfit ?️‍♂️one year ago. Lost 25lbs. I am sure my fat % is way down. I am a lot stronger and more flexible?. Not bad for pushing 60 years old. Golf game was a lot more constant last year. Hopefully I will make a turn for better this year in golf game and score will drop. . I workout Mon, Tue, Thur at night. Wed and Fri mornings. Good people at my gym. that is where i met @j_sizzle9
Nice, sounds like you had a great 2019, so hopefully you will come in here and interact with and motivate us during 2020!

Great work this week @blugold enjoy your weekend of (hopefully) relaxing!

Thank you. This is a good time of year for me for training consistency. I'm trying some new programming concepts out on myself and so far, they have gone really well.

Good weekend of getting in my usual yoga and push up sets. I think the push up sets are really helping out my core in general, which has been needed for me. Also got in some cardio shoveling a bit of heavy wet snow! Feeling good about this coming week, and started to feel more energy as well.

I had my wife pick up some healthy snacks so I don't have to visit the vending machine and eat crap each afternoon. This is just the tip of the iceberg as I try to adjust my diet as well.

Hitting the Gym or Recumbent Bike everyday since the first of the year.
Down 12 lbs. since the Jan 1 so I'm happy with that....

Today is day 1 of an 8-week transformation challenge at my gym (OrangeTheory). My wife and I have been going pretty regularly over the past 3-4 months and now we're going to try to kick it up a notch. I'll be going 3-4x a week, plus weekly volleyball and basketball games. I'll also be trying to cutout unnecessary snacking and booze (superbowl party excluded - cheat day!) as well as trying to drink much more water throughout the day.

The gym has an inbody scanner which tell you your weight, body fat % and muscle mass. It also gives you your metabolic rate which can be used as a guideline for how many calories your body needs to sustain each day. The results were less than thrilling for me so I've got a little extra motivation to see that body fat % go down and keep my muscle mass as high as possible.

Monday gym time complete.

Deadlifts, 470 3x5. Overhead barbell presses 170 3x5. Bent over dumbbell rows 3x10 with the 80s. Felt good.

Been a good month so far. Don’t think I’ve missed a work out. Feeling good and enjoying the workouts.

Things have gotten bad enough that I joined a gym and changed my diet. After about 2 weeks I’ve lost 7 pounds, just from diet. Went to the gym for the first time in years yesterday and went back again today.

I had a really good week last week. Was down to 220lbs from a peak of about 233. A couple of days eating poorly and attending an NFL game watching party and I am back up to 225. Wow it comes back on so much easier than it goes off. Anyway, back in the gym today. My goal is 205-210lbs, which I think will be my ideal weight to maintain.

Things have gotten bad enough that I joined a gym and changed my diet. After about 2 weeks I’ve lost 7 pounds, just from diet. Went to the gym for the first time in years yesterday and went back again today.
The first 30 days is the hardest, Frank. Hope you stick with it!

Welcome to the new you. Keep us posted on how it’s going. A little bit of forum accountability.

I had a really good week last week. Was down to 220lbs from a peak of about 233. A couple of days eating poorly and attending an NFL game watching party and I am back up to 225. Wow it comes back on so much easier than it goes off. Anyway, back in the gym today. My goal is 205-210lbs, which I think will be my ideal weight to maintain.
It’s ok to cheat from time to time. So long as we stay the course. Consistency is everything. You’re pretty close to your goal weight. Could be water weight from extra sodium.

It’s ok to cheat from time to time. So long as we stay the course. Consistency is everything. You’re pretty close to your goal weight. Could be water weight from extra sodium.
I think so. I have been keeping a running record and I tend to fluctuate in about a 6 lb range. I am now in a really good routine and got right back to it today, so that is that counts.

I think so. I have been keeping a running record and I tend to fluctuate in about a 6 lb range. I am now in a really good routine and got right back to it today, so that is that counts.
Because it’s a long haul plan we need to plan on keeping at it. Results will come in time and then the idea is to maintain. I’m at 210 lbs and I can fluctuate 6 lbs in a few days pretty easily. I’m not really trying to lose any weight just get in better shape. If muscle is growing it’s getting heavier so I always say go on how you feel and what fits your eye.

Back