2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Nice, that looks great! Can't wait to order mine, still trying to decide on one though.

Close to hitting all my goals for yesterday, but my soccer game was rescheduled, so no cardio. I'll try to make up for it this weekend! Starting to move on from the beginner yoga, and I knew this before, but it's just confirmation, that I am no where near flexible enough. Can't wait to see how consistent, long term yoga will help my stiff neck/back, and hopefully help improve my range of motion while golfing!
Rowing is such a great exercise. Could be used as a warm up for Yoga as well. I do believe I’ll be using it a lot.

I need to get back at it and I started yesterday. It can snowball on you way too quickly. We are starting a biggest loser on Monday at the office and that will keep me accountable.

So mad at myself. During the holidays it was see food,eat food. I am back to my early workouts and spin classes. going to eat only from 7:00am to 7:pm and cut back on sweets and no fast food. That should get me back on track. I hate feeling heavy and sluggish.

Pushups and yoga in last night, but didnt get cardio in. This has been the one area I struggle the most, especially when I cant get outside. I will be changing it in 2020, hopefully sooner than later!

Taking a rest day. My body is pretty exhausted so I’m listening. I did assemble my wife’s new recumbent stationery bike.

Pushups and yoga in last night, but didnt get cardio in. This has been the one area I struggle the most, especially when I cant get outside. I will be changing it in 2020, hopefully sooner than later!

Good luck with the cardio. That’s my big problem in the winter.

Nice, that looks great! Can't wait to order mine, still trying to decide on one though.

Close to hitting all my goals for yesterday, but my soccer game was rescheduled, so no cardio. I'll try to make up for it this weekend! Starting to move on from the beginner yoga, and I knew this before, but it's just confirmation, that I am no where near flexible enough. Can't wait to see how consistent, long term yoga will help my stiff neck/back, and hopefully help improve my range of motion while golfing!

If you can afford it, Concept 2 rowing machines are the gold standard. And they last forever. And they retain a lot of their resale value (pretty much every competitive rower uses them for workouts, so there's always a market for used ones)

I really need to do something. I’ve gained 75+ in the 3.5 years since starting my current job and I’m up to about 345 lbs. I’ve gone to the gym 24 times in the past 2 months but haven’t eaten healthy. I know what works for me because I’ve lost 60 lbs. before but I need to stick to it. Hopefully my wife can join me in the goal. I want to play hockey again and feel better...my flexibility is shot!

I really need to do something. I’ve gained 75+ in the 3.5 years since starting my current job and I’m up to about 345 lbs. I’ve gone to the gym 24 times in the past 2 months but haven’t eaten healthy. I know what works for me because I’ve lost 60 lbs. before but I need to stick to it. Hopefully my wife can join me in the goal. I want to play hockey again and feel better...my flexibility is shot!

I was doing the Don Saladino's "Real Time Flexibility" program (he's a Revolution Golf guy, runs a gym called Drive 495). When I did that everyday, it really helped. I need to make this a priority again.

Nice.

I just hope to get stronger. Squatting over 500 would be nice. That should happen before summer. Deadlifting over 640 would be good. A 200kg deadlift in 2020 would be awesome and maybe doable. Pressing over 225 would he nice, but I just don't care enough about that really push that.

If you can afford it, Concept 2 rowing machines are the gold standard. And they last forever. And they retain a lot of their resale value (pretty much every competitive rower uses them for workouts, so there's always a market for used ones)
Thanks! I saw those, and since I've never rowed before I want to start out a bit more on the beginner end I think.

Now is the time to start. Get into a routine and stick with it! Keep checking back in here as we hopefully continue down this path together!

Reading this thread as I drink a good IPA. What the crap.

2020 fitness goals:

Pack on another 5-10 lbs by mid March. (Kind of anti-fitness, but I lose throughout summer)

Flexibility. Always more flexibility. Especially torso and hips.

Hand health and strength as a focus. They're showing signs of age and abuse more all the time. Need to remind myself daily that I depend on them and respect that fact.

Get my wife back in the gym. She's better when she does it, and that's good for my health. Lol
I'll do yoga with her if I have to.

Beef up the engine (butt) and calves a bit. (Again, before summer)

Continue therapy sessions to try to break up scar tissue and alleviate nerve pain along my ribs, so things like work, working out, and (most importantly) swinging a golf club don't hurt as much.

Remember that fitness is LIFE. The Saints are going to win. It's fine that I'm missing it at the gym right now. It's fine!

And check threads like this more often. Perspective and gratitude as a daily routine.

Today was one of those days. I didn’t feel like working out but I did. Feels good to get it done. Had my rowing machine already been here I would of just rowed. Instead I did chest and triceps and a bit or core work.
Think I’ll do dead lifts once every other week as they just take so much out of me.

Today was one of those days. I didn’t feel like working out but I did. Feels good to get it done. Had my rowing machine already been here I would of just rowed. Instead I did chest and triceps and a bit or core work.
Think I’ll do dead lifts once every other week as they just take so much out of me.
Those days where you don't feel like working out always give me the most satisfaction the day after. I can look back and feel more accomplished.

Those days where you don't feel like working out always give me the most satisfaction the day after. I can look back and feel more accomplished.
They say those are the days that have the biggest impact.

Last 2 days got in my push up sets, and a good 30 minute yoga session each night. Yesterday took a nearly 2 mile walk during lunch. I'm also trying to stand more on conference calls, when it allows me to. So I also got 2 hours of standing at my desk, instead of sitting in yesterday! Feeling good about adding in some more activities.

I believe that if you have less stress at work, that goes a long way to improving your overall health. So along with my fitness, I'm going to try to decrease my work stress level, and the stress level of those around me, where I can. A big push for me is to try to improve the culture in a positive way with those I work with on a daily basis. We have had a lot of difficult times in my work location, and I know a lot of people have a lot of pressure on them because of it. I'm usually a pretty positive person, but find it more and more difficult to stay that way with what everyone is going through. So if you have some insight into how to help everyone out, let me know.

Today I'm going to try to leave a sticky note, email, e-card, or something similar on someone's desk stating how much I appreciate what they do for everyone here at work. I'm going to do it so they don't know it's me, but I want to try to bring some positivity around here. If you have other ideas into how to help everyone out, let me know.

I will bite. I have had super interesting fitness journey. I played College Baseball, but after an injury I really let myself go.. Getting all the way up to 280 pounds.

I have sort of fluctuated up and down over the past few years, getting down to as low as 187 pounds for my wedding in June of 2019. After I got married, I sort of stopped caring about food and the gym took a back seat, but I am back on the horse and going regularly again.

I know what it takes to get back to where I was, and I have some pretty big trips coming this year I want to feel comfortable in my own skin for.

My 2020 Fitness Goals:
  1. Finally break that 187 barrier and get down to 185
  2. Compete in a Tough Mudder or Spartan Race of Some Kind
  3. Become more flexible
  4. 4 or more days a week in the gym, even while traveling for work

I will bite. I have had super interesting fitness journey. I played College Baseball, but after an injury I really let myself go.. Getting all the way up to 280 pounds.

I have sort of fluctuated up and down over the past few years, getting down to as low as 187 pounds for my wedding in June of 2019. After I got married, I sort of stopped caring about food and the gym took a back seat, but I am back on the horse and going regularly again.

I know what it takes to get back to where I was, and I have some pretty big trips coming this year I want to feel comfortable in my own skin for.

My 2020 Fitness Goals:
  1. Finally break that 187 barrier and get down to 185
  2. Compete in a Tough Mudder or Spartan Race of Some Kind
  3. Become more flexible
  4. 4 or more days a week in the gym, even while traveling for work
Glad you took a leap! Can't wait to hear about your journey to these goals!

For point #3, you really should give yoga a try. My wife and I have been using SaraBeth Yoga on youtube. She has some beginner's videos, plus some others that target specific areas. I've noticed improvement since starting about a month ago. Give it a try.

Glad you took a leap! Can't wait to hear about your journey to these goals!

For point #3, you really should give yoga a try. My wife and I have been using SaraBeth Yoga on youtube. She has some beginner's videos, plus some others that target specific areas. I've noticed improvement since starting about a month ago. Give it a try.

I have very much contemplated Yoga. My wife does it, I will definitely look into that.

I have very much contemplated Yoga. My wife does it, I will definitely look into that.
It's been a nice way for her and I to enjoy some quiet time in the evenings, after the kids are sleeping.

Another day is in the books and before we know it 2021 will be here. Today I did squats and shoulder dumbbell press. Squats were supersets barbell squat followed by dumbbell squats.

Whew! Bench press, dips, then some power cleans. I need to dial those in because I'm not good at them.

Back