2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Morning guys! Back on the road for me today! 10am flight... But First 3miles, squats, lunges and some sauna is on the docket for me this morning.
Way to get it in! Safe travels today!

I'm coming in late to this party. I'm seriously considering doing the fit for golf.
Never too late! Jump in, let us know how you're doing, ask questions, and have fun!

Hey mate!
Apologies for being slightly quiet, have had a fortnight’s holiday over in Oz and just this minute back on home soil. Preparations are about to begin in earnest, and then it will all happen! Need to get caught up on messages and posts as well soon :eek:
Hope you had a fun and relaxing holiday! Good luck getting all your preparations in order for the big event in May!

I hate looking at fitness threads. They remind me of things that really need attention! :ROFLMAO: :eek:

I hate looking at fitness threads. They remind me of things that really need attention! :ROFLMAO: :eek:
Then quit just looking, and jump in! Just start a little bit at a time. Also, could be something other than fitness, like eating better, finding ways to de-stress. Overall it's just about feeling better about yourself this year! Slow and steady, and we'll help you out!

Then quit just looking, and jump in! Just start a little bit at a time. Also, could be something other than fitness, like eating better, finding ways to de-stress. Overall it's just about feeling better about yourself this year! Slow and steady, and we'll help you out!
I already do get quite a bit, but at 65 it doesn't work like it used to. Seems like I gotta do more just for maintenance. Man, I am not liking this age thing one bit. :mad:

Back in the gym... Earlyish am runs get me fueled for the day

Tons protein n pre-work out and bcaas.... And biofreeze
Glad to see you getting well prepared! 40 days, we got this!

Day 2 week 2 of T25 yesterday. No soreness now, which is great and sweat a ton.

After a good or decent report yesterday my hips are not too damaged so I am starting a stretching routine everyday and back on the steroids for 2 weeks. Ideally lose 20 lbs and should be much better overall.
I am already low carb but have been cheating too much so back on the plan cutting out the sugar which is my problem.

After a good or decent report yesterday my hips are not too damaged so I am starting a stretching routine everyday and back on the steroids for 2 weeks. Ideally lose 20 lbs and should be much better overall.
I am already low carb but have been cheating too much so back on the plan cutting out the sugar which is my problem.
Glad you had a decent report! I've trying to cut sugar out of my diet too. Black coffee only. No sweets. No snacking between meals, because these are always sweets for me. Only on Day 3, but this change in diet, along with added exercising, will hopefully continue my upward trajectory here in 2020. Good luck to you!

That's what I like to hear, way to get back into it!
Planning to hit the driving range then doing speed training tonight. Plus, sticking strong to the diet!

Glad you had a decent report! I've trying to cut sugar out of my diet too. Black coffee only. No sweets. No snacking between meals, because these are always sweets for me. Only on Day 3, but this change in diet, along with added exercising, will hopefully continue my upward trajectory here in 2020. Good luck to you!
My favorite things are rum and cookies, both very bad for the diet. It sucks that as you get older you can gain 5 lbs in a week but it takes 2 months to lose it.
All in all with some light gym work and the dreaded cardio getting 10 off should be pretty easy, the last 10 are tough. I have been 220-260 since I was 18 so 200 is a challenge and sub 200 I just feel puny.

Ok, apparently getting healthier and fitter isn't going to help my golf, so I am going back to being a slob on the couch :LOL:

Ok, apparently getting healthier and fitter isn't going to help my golf, so I am going back to being a slob on the couch :LOL:
Yep.. Losing 100 pounds allowed me to turn through the ball and allow room to drop the club and hit more from the inside. I'm hitting farther and straighter. Clearly it's just tech and a swing change. (a swing change only possible by losing the weight and gaining strength and flexibility)

Here is a good article written by a registered dietitian who is really smart with nutrition and training.
I like the way he diplomatically sugar coats everything :greenalien:

Good article (as per usual Joe). It’s killing me (literally) sitting and waiting while I heal up. I want to do something!

Hit my 150 pushups, and added a shoulder workout with dumbbells. My arms are feeling it tonight. Going to do a lower body workout tomorrow. Now to finish up the night with some yoga. Feels good to get so much accomplished!

5x5 tonight. Still fairly light weights, But working on proper form and building up.

Driving range and swing speed training complete. It's been a much better week!!

Speed 1.0 last night. I hate that one because I'm so uncoordinated I end up modifying the modifier on certain exercises. Upped my intake to around 1800-2000 calories a day and I think it's helping a lot.

Speed 1.0 last night. I hate that one because I'm so uncoordinated I end up modifying the modifier on certain exercises. Upped my intake to around 1800-2000 calories a day and I think it's helping a lot.
What is Speed 1.0?

Back