2020 Better You Fitness Thread

I haven't updated in here in awhile, but my goal this year was to drop from over 230lbs down to 210 or less. I am now hovering between 204 to 210. Now I am working to rebuild some of the strength I dropped during the lockdowns. Over all I feel great. This is my lightest weight since high school.
Nice work! Glad to see you pitting yourself in a great place health wise!

Managed to get out for a 3.5k run this evening, nice and easy or so I though as I set 2 PB's

Will be Sunday at the earliest before I go again

I got a really good 3.1 mile run in last night. Looking for 3+ today, nice and slow.

Workout last night was a doozy. Squats were the heaviest, by far, of any 3x5 that I have ever done, 425, 3x5 Snatch grip deadlifts went well to. I was happy with how those ended up. 335x1; 270, 4x3.

Had a good week filled with a bit of everything. Some running, lots of yoga, and some good weight training. Feels good to be so active!

Whew running in this Fl heat has me looking like I went swimming with all my clothes on. Geez!!!

Final run this evening before going back to work tomorrow

Ran just over 7k, kept the pace steady at around the 8 minute / km

Good weekend. Hard 60 minute yoga session Friday night, really great core workout. Pushup workout Saturday, which was good while traveling. Also running around with my nephews saturday night, great time and sure tired me out. Sunday bike ride with my parents. They have electric assist, so it was a good pace over 8 miles. Good workout, but more importantly agreat time in my hometown riding along the river!

As of Sunday I met my 2020 weight loss goal of 25#. Now to start on 2021’s goal of the same. Knock half of it out this year is the new goal. Will equal more cheat days in 2021!

Just did a 4K sprint run. Set my fastest times for 1k and 1 mile. Would have easily beaten my best 5k time too if we had continued on

I can tell my cardio is getting better. Just need to get my legs stronger so that I can go faster and longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of Sunday I met my 2020 weight loss goal of 25#. Now to start on 2021’s goal of the same. Knock half of it out this year is the new goal. Will equal more cheat days in 2021!
Nice work, and congrats!

Just did a 4K sprint run. Set my fastest times for 1k and 1 mile. Would have easily beaten my best 5k time too if we had continued on

I can tell my cardio is getting better. Just need to get my legs stronger so that I can go faster and longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you are seeing progress! Has to be such a good feeling!

I got a good 3.5 mile run in yesterday. I've slacked off this month a little more than I had planned. Didn't run Sunday, but hiked and swam on Saturday. I'm at just under 30 miles for the month so far. Way off my goal, but I'm gonna try to get 50 in total this month. If I do 6 on Sunday and 3 on my other run days the rest of the month (Sun, Tues, Wed, Fri), then I'll be able to do it.

I got a good 3.5 mile run in yesterday. I've slacked off this month a little more than I had planned. Didn't run Sunday, but hiked and swam on Saturday. I'm at just under 30 miles for the month so far. Way off my goal, but I'm gonna try to get 50 in total this month. If I do 6 on Sunday and 3 on my other run days the rest of the month (Sun, Tues, Wed, Fri), then I'll be able to do it.

Is someone chasing you for 50 miles in July? Why else run? ;)

I can’t really exercise which makes my weight loss goal even tougher. Lung capacity stinks post accident.

Is someone chasing you for 50 miles in July? Why else run? ;)

I can’t really exercise which makes my weight loss goal even tougher. Lung capacity stinks post accident.

I'm chasing myself. Contemplating running another marathon next April. Just trying to get through the summer with some base miles. If I can get 50 in July, I'll try to get back to the 70 range (I did 67.4 in May) for August and then start with some real miles in Sept/Oct time frame.

I trained tonight. Bench press and power snatches. Also did some dumbbell work. I think hammer curls might be pissing off my elbows more than I want them to.

Back at it. Sold our lake house and the garage gym was to packed to access my workout equipment. Got it all stored away and hit the workouts this week.

I walked off my tacos and sweat out the tequila after dinner. Does that count? It was sultry out there. It better count. I'm counting it. ;)

Golfed 18 then a bunch of yardwork yesterday. Being active for 12 hours felt great! Had fun and accomplished what I wanted to do.

Good body weight exercises, and dumbell workouts so far this week. Just did an hour long power yoga. Feeling good with how the week is starting!

Ran 4 this afternoon. Ran 4 on Sunday. Will likely run 3 tomorrow and Friday to round out 50 this month. Need to get more next month.

Milestone reached!

Down 50lbs from my fattest! 32 since February. Actually April as I’d lost about 12 and gained it back once Covid broke, figured might as well die fat. Now I’m laughing at that outlook but the other guy I’ve been competing with did the same thing. Of course we do the same work so we were both stressed to our max for a month or two and he gained back what he lost too then.

Still work to be done. 26# more to go. I’m giving myself until the end of 2021 to do it that way when I have setbacks, I’ll have time to recover from them.

Went out for two walks yesterday. Man, shoulda left it at one. Lower back is making my leg cramp. Tried to walk it off.
Too much sitting lately. PT has kinda gone by the wayside, unfortunately. Mom sick, just hard to find much motivation right now. :(
Quickly went to the range the other day, but it was hard. Concentration was not there and felt guilty for leaving. But Mom gave the OK to get out of the house for a while and she'd still be there when I got back. My whole body hurts from crying so hard. Golf has to wait again. Some day.

Only downside of walking my rounds is it makes it tougher to maintain my weight.

Back