2020 Better You Fitness Thread

I put in 3 miles yesterday. Got to my goal of 50 miles for the month. Shooting for 70 this month. If I make it, that'll be the most I've run for many months... probably back to early 2017.

Only downside of walking my rounds is it makes it tougher to maintain my weight.

I want to get my health back to where I can walk more than 9 holes carrying my bag on a regulation course. I could do that just fine even weighing 50 pounds more so it’s a health and not weight issue.

PS: I wish I had that problem!

I want to get my health back to where I can walk more than 9 holes carrying my bag on a regulation course. I could do that just fine even weighing 50 pounds more so it’s a health and not weight issue.

PS: I wish I had that problem!
You really, really never want that problem either.
I was down to 156 lbs from my crohn's two summers ago. Back to 194 at 6'2" now. I thought I was gone. Used to weigh 205.
Too skinny is scary as crap. Eat up!

You really, really never want that problem either.
I was down to 156 lbs from my crohn's two summers ago. Back to 194 at 6'2" now. I thought I was gone. Used to weigh 205.
Too skinny is scary as crap. Eat up!
I have no problem keeping excess weight off per se and I really don't need to lose weight, but I'd love to get this last 10lbs off.

Went out for two walks yesterday. Man, shoulda left it at one. Lower back is making my leg cramp. Tried to walk it off.
Too much sitting lately. PT has kinda gone by the wayside, unfortunately. Mom sick, just hard to find much motivation right now. :(
Quickly went to the range the other day, but it was hard. Concentration was not there and felt guilty for leaving. But Mom gave the OK to get out of the house for a while and she'd still be there when I got back. My whole body hurts from crying so hard. Golf has to wait again. Some day.

I hope you feel better soon...mentally and physically. Start out slow and gradually work your up. No hurry. :)

I hope you feel better soon...mentally and physically. Start out slow and gradually work your up. No hurry. :)
Thanks. I've been walking at least 3 miles every day since January and doing PT and stretching everyday since February. I was right there ready to play. 4 range sessions that looked promising. I'm ironically as healthy as I've been in a long time. But I put in the work...so it stands to figure. :unsure: (y)
Lots of change to come and I am trying to embrace as much of it as I can. (y)

I have no problem keeping excess weight off per se and I really don't need to lose weight, but I'd love to get this last 10lbs off.
I've got haggen daz to thank for my six pack abs about now. :love: I like a little extra around the middle so I can shoot my infusion sets into me for the insulin pump and have some cushion. Feels much better. :cool:

Had 5 pieces of pizza tonight. (Put 1/2lb ground beef and green peps on it.) :pGood walk before dinner. Used good form consciously to take some care of the lower back as I walked. I like to do my hand therapy as I walk around the hood. Makes the neighbors stare. :ROFLMAO:
Movement is very good medicine. :love:

Went out for a run tonight after work. First time out in almost 2 weeks

5.5 km

Not the fastest of times, but boy did my legs feel heavy

Just back from tonights run.

Set my fastest time for 5k, so quite please with that

I got in 3 miles yesterday. Should get 3 more in today. August is looking good. It was 63° when I left for work this morning. That won't last long, but I'm gonna enjoy it while it's here.

Nice work you guys!I need to get back into running, and get into some 5k races, kind of miss them. My legs arent as young as they once were, but running is a great way to unwind.

Been getting after the strength training this week. Feels great! Also ran some during soccer practice with the h.s. team. Thst felt great too, but the next day was brutal. Not so much the running, but it's the starting, stopping, and changing direction that does it!

I'm 10 weeks into Noom and down 12lbs. I feel much better, never have heart burn, and fit into my clothes better.

How do you like this? I’m down about 35 pounds since convid. But I need more structure than walking and lots of golf and restricted calories. I find myself cheating a lot.

About 3 miles today. Got back just before the light rain hit. Perfect.

How do you like this? I’m down about 35 pounds since convid. But I need more structure than walking and lots of golf and restricted calories. I find myself cheating a lot.
I like noom A lot. It really helps me with some mental aspect of things. Mindful eating, am I eating because it's lunch time or am I eating because I am hungry? Things like that have really helped me a lot

Just did my first run in about 2 weeks

Took 4 minutes off my personal best for 5K. Really pleased with that. The pace didn't feel that much faster either

Did a ride with the peloton app yesterday. It's a start.

Been stepping up my daily routine. Tons of dumbell work, full body, push ups. Being more consistent has allowed me to expand reps, go heavier, and/or work other areas.

I haven't updated in here in quite a while but I'm down a few pounds and back to training with my daughter. She wants to run her first 5k later this year and I'm going to run it with her. I've been mixing in cardio but need to get back to lifting

I haven't updated in here in quite a while but I'm down a few pounds and back to training with my daughter. She wants to run her first 5k later this year and I'm going to run it with her. I've been mixing in cardio but need to get back to lifting
Glad to hear you're still training with your running partner! That would be really fun to run a 5k together. I havent done one in a while, but always enjoyed them when I did. Keep it up!

Other than walking whilst playing golf, exercise has gone by the wayside, and now that I am back in the office, I am driving for an hour each side of my work day making it difficult to find the time to do anything now that our house is upside-down with the extension in the process of being built

Despite that, since the beginning of our lockdown back in March, I have lost around 16-17lb, so I am hoping to lose a bit more and get the total loss to somewhere around 22-25lb if I can as that will see me back at a weight I haven't been at for a long time - it is a longer term aim, but if I can get to that sort of loss by April 2021 in time for our re-arranged holiday to St Lucia I will be happy

Quit doing everything from May-July and felt it. Started back at it almost 2 weeks ago and starting to get a routine going. Really enjoying being back at it even if I'm so dang sore every day it seems haha

Quit doing everything from May-July and felt it. Started back at it almost 2 weeks ago and starting to get a routine going. Really enjoying being back at it even if I'm so dang sore every day it seems haha
Those first few weeks back are always the most difficult. Get through those, and it much much easier. Glad to see you back on the train, preparing to lead Team Paradise!

Ran another 5k this evening, Definitely harder than Sunday, but it does feel good to get back to it after a short break

I squatted a personal best set of 5 tonight. 455x5. Did some banded block pulls too. Those suuuuuuucked (which means they're probably good for me). Dumbbell Romanian deadlifts to finish. Legs and low back are pleasantly fatigued. Drinking an Old Fashioned right now.

Back