2020 Better You Fitness Thread

I failed today.. Time to get back on the wagon tomorrow

Good training session today. Easy set of deadlifts, 495 for 5 reps. Reps flew as to be expected. I did some safety squat bar squats. Those are getting damn hard, but 335 for 4 sets of 3 reps felt great after deadlifts. I then finished with some banded paused deadlifts after all of that. All in all, a good session.

Has anyone tried Fit 4 Golf’s premier system?

Has anyone tried Fit 4 Golf’s premier system?
I have not, but I've heard a few people mention it before, so hopefully someone can help out!

Another hour of ripping railing off the deck and then an hour on the simulator. I still haven’t started working out again, but three days of manual labor plus an hour of swinging clubs - I am going to be plenty sore! And tomorrow the boards start coming up.

Another hour of ripping railing off the deck and then an hour on the simulator. I still haven’t started working out again, but three days of manual labor plus an hour of swinging clubs - I am going to be plenty sore! And tomorrow the boards start coming up.
I always think its great when I can get a task complete. and get some exercise in. Two birds.

Careful @RealPretendPsychic , labor tends to focus it's soreness in all the important golf areas. Legs, back, and hands. You don't see many people do regular heavy labor and golf well. Believe me. It ain't easy.

On the fitness front for me, after a few weeks of dedicated eating and heavier lifting I've gained back about 5lbs back of what I lost. And things hurt like they haven't in years. It's hell getting older. The holidays and travel and family and all that are coming though, and since I live in opposite world, I'm looking forward to the casual gluttony that accompanies those things, but not the actual foods. I'm counting on the wife forcing pies and such my way with regularity. We tend to go opposite directions in weight, so she usually enjoys the fatten me up plan.

Careful @RealPretendPsychic , labor tends to focus it's soreness in all the important golf areas. Legs, back, and hands. You don't see many people do regular heavy labor and golf well. Believe me. It ain't easy.

On the fitness front for me, after a few weeks of dedicated eating and heavier lifting I've gained back about 5lbs back of what I lost. And things hurt like they haven't in years. It's hell getting older. The holidays and travel and family and all that are coming though, and since I live in opposite world, I'm looking forward to the casual gluttony that accompanies those things, but not the actual foods. I'm counting on the wife forcing pies and such my way with regularity. We tend to go opposite directions in weight, so she usually enjoys the fatten me up plan.
Oh I’m feeling it! My hands the most after spending more time with a drill in two days than I have in the last year. And I took a few swings and thought oh that’s not what usually hurts in a stiff golf swing! :LOL: I’m counting on stiff swings to keep everything from getting too far offline. I think it took me a full 30 minutes of swinging to get loose.

Oh I’m feeling it! My hands the most after spending more time with a drill in two days than I have in the last year. And I took a few swings and thought oh that’s not what usually hurts in a stiff golf swing! :LOL: I’m counting on stiff swings to keep everything from getting too far offline. I think it took me a full 30 minutes of swinging to get loose.
For every 5 more minutes it takes you to work through the soreness, your swing looks 1 year older than it is. You're on your way @junioroldandstiff ! :LOL::LOL:

junioroldandstiff? You guys just got flagged by the FBI...

The next couple of weeks are going to be tough without a kitchen, but despite the fast disappearing kitchen over the last couple weeks I have managed to maintain my weight somehow

I'm doing HIIT classes 5 days per week, but it's the daily beers after that is killing me because I get hungry for some reason and blow all the work I just did out the window.

I'll call training a win tonight. Two weeks ago I squatted 460 for 5 reps. Tonight I squatted 460 for 3 sets of 3. I felt the loving embrace of death on that third set, so I took some weight off the bar and did two more triples. I finished my training with 4 sets of 3 reps banded deadlifts.

I need to think about a 3 rep max attempt in two weeks. A 475x3 squat should be doable, but haaaaard.

Stupid disc refuses to calm down so the heavy work has been more of a challenge the last couple weeks. Delicate positioning on movements. The disgusting amount of food part seems to be getting easier though. Wife has brought out a lot of my favorites so I feel like I have a permanent baby belly, but am probably gaining a bit. :LOL:

Weekend away, so no yoga or weights, but we did get lots of hiking in. Felt great to be outside, on warm fall days, enjoying the hills of southern Ohio.

Both eating and exercise were good yesterday.. Carrying it forward to today.. Back on the bus!

Programmed for 290, 5x5. My elbow got loose and chicken winged on the last rep of the 5th set. The bar wasn't going up, so I had to put it down. I was irritated, asked for a watchful eye from a spotter and did a set of 5. So, 290, 4x5; 1x4; 1x5.

I also did some light/fast presses and lat pulldowns, but those aren't interesting.

Lot of range work and another day staying on the diet.. Got a good trend going here!!

Yoga the last 2 nights, feeling really good. So much less tension after a day at the computer!

Well, I think this is a really useful topic. It will be cool if everyone shares different stories about how they try to keep their shape. The author of the topic wrote about the need to move as much as possible at work. I was lucky in this, since I spend about 40% of my working day walking. Unfortunately, I don't go to the gym as often. Usually I go there 3 times a week, since I just don't have free time for this. I strive to maintain a healthy diet, and I also use various nutritional supplements that I learn about on fitnessclone.com. I plan to take a month's vacation soon in order to devote this month completely to my health. I want to undergo a full examination by doctors, as well as go to the gym every day. I'm really interested in what will come of it.

Bad eating day for me yesterday.. Fixing that today

Good yoga session last night. Goi g for more a combination of power yoga and yoga for flexibility. Power yoga will definitely help with overall balance and body control.

Eating has been good, but the weather has been hindering my getting out and walking. Hoping for some nice days coming up!

Squats were light and hard last night. Last weeks heavy squat workout really beat the crap out of me, as it was supposed to. The progress is nice. I should be recovered for another good heavy session next week.

Back