2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Well, I finally did it, I finally got back to a workout routine. It’s pretty weak compared to what I used to do, but I am basically a beginner again, and I am learning to be ok with that and just easing my way back into it so I don’t get hurt or overdo it and then I stop working out again.

Well, I finally did it, I finally got back to a workout routine. It’s pretty weak compared to what I used to do, but I am basically a beginner again, and I am learning to be ok with that and just easing my way back into it so I don’t get hurt or overdo it and then I stop working out again.
Nice work! Just keep up the routine and you are well on your way!

Getting back into the golf mobility, will start doing more lifting in the coming months

Anyone have any good full body, and/or cardio plans that utilize body weight or dumbbells, and can be easily done at home? I keep looking, but just can't find one I can get into for any length of time.

Jumped on the field yesterday to play some with the high school soccer team i help coach. It was fun last night, but this morning my body is reminding me of my age :oops:

Deadlifts moved remarkably well last night. 525lb for 1 set of 5 reps was faster than it had any right to be. Finished with some lighter paused safety bar squats and then banded Romanian deadlifts. I'm pretty happy with training so far.

Last edited:
Training has been going remarkably well lately. Managed a pretty good squat PR last night, 475x3. I also did some banded Romanian Deadlifts. It was a good night. I have bench presses today.

The PR train keeps rolling. 320x5 went faster than it was supposed to. Elbow is feeling better. Lifts are moving well. Perfect time for golf courses to close up for the season....

We have just bought a treadmill, so it will make keeping fit a lot easier now as will be able to go running when ever we want

Eating and exercise have been solid so far this week!

I am tired and irritable. This needs to be my escape from said afflictions. Starting tomorrow, something small.

More heavy lifting!!!

Great dumbbell workout during lunch today. Getting more frequent with my yoga. Really need to keep it going as we head into the colder months, where I become less active.

More mobility and kettlebell work today.

Swimming and golf
Tomorrow maybe some yoga?

Still sore from a pretty intense chest and arm workout yesterday. Finished up a good yoga session, so feeling better now after some stretching.

Yoga and 100 push ups in the books for today. Great start to November.

Weighed in at 142.2 tonight, which is progress. I haven’t had a consistent workout routine, but have been doing a lot of heavy work around the house. I’m up 10lbs from February with the goal of eventually getting to 160. Day one of the 30 day challenge courtesy of Canadan. Going to push to make this the start of something good.

This week starts the peaking block for my squats. Going to move some heavy weights!

It's been mostly running for me as my daughter is running her first 5k soon and I'm running with her

It's been mostly running for me as my daughter is running her first 5k soon and I'm running with her
So glad you've continued running with her throughout this year. Have fun during that 5k! You think you'll be able to keep up?

I started a low carb regime a couple of months ago and the weight loss has been remarkable coupled with walking and jogging 5 times a week. I think that little spare tyre may finally go. Feel a lot fitter in general.

Back