2020 Better You Fitness Thread

So glad you've continued running with her throughout this year. Have fun during that 5k! You think you'll be able to keep up?
So far yes.. On race day I'm not sure.. Lol

Just did a 2k run on the treadmill, boy do I feel tired now. First time running since I caught covid, didn't think it would affect me this much

Swimming today, pool
To myself most of the time.

Larry got mad at me for using the shower post swim, that was a first.

pre-loading week for my squats and bench presses. Relatively light, but hard enough to make me think about it.

430, 3x3 squats and 275, 3x3 bench press (pretty darn easy actually). Heavy time upcoming

Long travel day yesterday, so plan to put in some good work today. Dumbbell leg workout, then some yoga to loosen up my shoulders and back.

Went on a good run with my daughter today.. Starting to hate running less as it hurts less and my body has adjusted. Plus, the theragun helps speed up the recovery from sore muscles!

Yoga, core work, and pushups in for today. Great way to end the day.

November 30 day challenge is going well. Using it as my kickstart to begin working out. 100 crunches with squats, push-ups, and dips in between.

I am still going strong with the tempo. I’m still taking it easy, but next week I’m going to really start to push myself.

One thing I am absolutely loving is taking a 10-15 minute stretching class after I finish whatever weight training/HIIT class I’m doing. It’s helps so much with being sore and with my mobility. This is something I have always been bad about doing, so having those types of mobility classes at my fingertips has been so nice.

One thing I really need to step up is my cardio. I subscribed to someYouTube spin classes and I’m going to add that to my workouts for some cardio.

I am still going strong with the tempo. I’m still taking it easy, but next week I’m going to really start to push myself.

One thing I am absolutely loving is taking a 10-15 minute stretching class after I finish whatever weight training/HIIT class I’m doing. It’s helps so much with being sore and with my mobility. This is something I have always been bad about doing, so having those types of mobility classes at my fingertips has been so nice.

One thing I really need to step up is my cardio. I subscribed to someYouTube spin classes and I’m going to add that to my workouts for some cardio.
Stretching/yoga has helped me so much. Whether it's after a long day at my desk, after a run, or even lifting, it has helped me immensely.

Good workout tonight for me. Deadlift night, I set a new 3rm at 570. I felt good about that. That weight moved better than I thought it would. Moved pretty quick. The paused squats and stiff leg deadlifts after felt pretty good!

I pissed something off in my right groin area. Some adductor tendon got cranky. Still managed to get all of my reps. I will have to reevaluate the plan moving forward based on how it feels.

Good progress so far in November, but still need to pick it up a notch. Yoga, and some dumbbell work, but not enough!

Does anyone use the Pelaton app? I need to start doing some excercise and I like the idea of being motivated with classes. Can’t really stretch to the pelaton bike, and I don’t fancy the 40 a month cost, but the $12 a month for the phone app sounds promising. I’d plan to get a bike from Amazon, then use the app to take the classes. I know you don’t get the leaderboards or the personal metrics, I can live without those. Does this app work well overall with a stand-alone bike though and give you that pelaton experience that I need to give me a kick up the arse?

Been getting into a great routine. Yoga morning and night, pushups and core training randomly throughout the day, and mix in some dumbbell workouts as I can. Been feeling more energized, and just in time to splurge for Thanksgiving! Don't know if that's good or bad, but we'll find out soon enough ;)

Seriously slacking while traveling and eating for 3 days straight... one month to go in this crazy year long adventure. Looking forward to ending on a high note!

Been working in some power yoga. Man do I need more strength and balance work!

I got in a good post-turkey day work out on Saturday, managed new deadlift PR. 625lbs, it was heavy.

I got in a good post-turkey day work out on Saturday, managed new deadlift PR. 625lbs, it was heavy.

Congrats on the new PB! It's been fun watching you progress to heavier lifts throughout the year!

Hook. Grip. FTMFW.

Today I picked up and set down 300 lbs 5 times. Making progress.

I reached my iWatch Challenge every month this year except when we got locked down in March and April:

CD2FAD3C-0C9A-43EB-B04B-C3D82EF2852E.jpeg

My other passion is cycling. I try to do at least 75 miles per week while still playing golf.
That's awesome. Not only a good workout, but a great way to get out and enjoy nature!

That's awesome. Not only a good workout, but a great way to get out and enjoy nature!
Even when it's cold and wet like it was yesterday when I got 20 miles in.

961ae3f13ee91e9f08fc5409405dda75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back