2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Signed up with TrueMotionGolf. Increasing flexibility and strength is key.
Big plan is to really push in 2021 to lose some weight and be much healthier!
Some power yoga would help with both of those!

I've been steady on the diet recently and running with my daughter and seeing the weight slowly going down again

Last edited:
Goodluck and have fun. You have a bet with her on who will win?
She wants to run it together as a team and it not be a race between the two of us. I honestly don't want to find out if she can beat me yet as it's likely closer than I want to believe

She wants to run it together as a team and it not be a race between the two of us. I honestly don't want to find out if she can beat me yet as it's likely closer than I want to believe
It'll be fun to run together. My wife and I did a run years ago, and it was fun sticking together and pushing each other.

The pandemic really got to me, but I am back on it and being active every day.

Here is to a solid start to 2021!

The pandemic really got to me, but I am back on it and being active every day.

Here is to a solid start to 2021!
Nice work! Lots to work towards in 2021! What are your fitness goals?

Nice work! Lots to work towards in 2021! What are your fitness goals?

Lose weight, build core and lower back strength and then increase range of motion.

I am concentrating on the weight initially and then as soon as the gyms open up again, I am going to hit it hard.

Time to get after it today, and really start something a step above what I've been doing. Feeling ready!

Great high intensity cardio workout really kicked my butt. What I used to do with relative ease keeps getting harder and harder. Gotta keep pushing on!

My diet has been solid lately and ran the 5K today

Monday morning, didn't feel like getting up, but got myself out of bed.
220 squat, 90 overhead press, 335 deadlift with a hook grip. BW 186. Happy Monday!

This one got me right in the feels

I pushed through a new distance goal with trail running. I just managed to do a 2.75 mile continuous run with over 300 ft of elevation gain. When I was heavily into mountain biking I would never consider running, but I'm starting to really enjoy this 30-45 minutes of intense workout. I'm very fortunate to have access to this right out my front door.

79860E6E-FEA0-41EF-94E4-FFC8CFF6E76D.jpeg

I pushed through a new distance goal with trail running. I just managed to do a 2.75 mile continuous run with over 300 ft of elevation gain. When I was heavily into mountain biking I would never consider running, but I'm starting to really enjoy this 30-45 minutes of intense workout. I'm very fortunate to have access to this right out my front door.

View attachment 8980263
That's awesome. Wish I had trails closer!

Shoveled some snow, pulled the kids on their sleds, and still got some pushups and dumbbell work in today. Going to sleep well!

After crawling around a church attic yesterday, I didn't know how today was going to go, but it went great!
230 squats, 95 overhead press, 345 deadlift with double overhand grip for all reps. Bring on the weekend!

Been getting into a great routine. Yoga morning and night, pushups and core training randomly throughout the day, and mix in some dumbbell workouts as I can. Been feeling more energized, and just in time to splurge for Thanksgiving! Don't know if that's good or bad, but we'll find out soon enough ;)
What yoga routine are you doing? Any recommendation for youtube videos/DVD's?

What yoga routine are you doing? Any recommendation for youtube videos/DVD's?
Yes. I've been doing the following from SaraBeth on YouTube. Try some of her beginner yoga to see how it goes, if you are just starting out. My wife and I subscribed through her app, which costs a bit of money, but it has members only plans which we enjoy. These youtube videos are free, and were a great starting point for us.

It will be difficult at first. But give it time time, and you will feel better and notice more range of motion.

Yes. I've been doing the following from SaraBeth on YouTube. Try some of her beginner yoga to see how it goes, if you are just starting out. My wife and I subscribed through her app, which costs a bit of money, but it has members only plans which we enjoy. These youtube videos are free, and were a great starting point for us.

It will be difficult at first. But give it time time, and you will feel better and notice more range of motion.

I started adding so yoga to work on improved flexibility and quickly realized he im balanced I am. In a week I can already see how this will help my golf.

I started adding so yoga to work on improved flexibility and quickly realized he im balanced I am. In a week I can already see how this will help my golf.
Between balance, core strength, and range of motion, I think yoga is a vital piece of keeping my body in golf shape as the years pass. I'm a year into yoga, and wish I knew its benefits when I was playing soccer in college.

Signed up with TrueMotionGolf. Increasing flexibility and strength is key.
Restarted my weight training Tuesday. Worked out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I do stretches after each workout. Signed up with True Motion Golf Thursday evening.

Been off my workout schedule since the end of February. Enough is enough!

I've been steady on the diet recently and running with my daughter and seeing the weight slowly going down again
Started my diet on Sunday, but I'm only half-a**ing it until after NYD. That's when I'll bear down. That's also when I'll throw HIIT cardio back in the mix.

Restarted my weight training Tuesday. Worked out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I do stretches after each workout. Signed up with True Motion Golf Thursday evening.

Been off my workout schedule since the end of February. Enough is enough!

Started my diet on Sunday, but I'm only half-a**ing it until after NYD. That's when I'll bear down. That's also when I'll throw HIIT cardio back in the mix.
You got this!

Was proud of myself - yesterday I went into the basement to workout and ended up filing a warranty claim after finding a puddle around our leaking water heater... still got my shorty workout in once the claim was filed! Had a late Mexican dinner tonight (it was fantastic) so I’ll probably sneak another quick workout in after the 4th quarter starts tonight.

Back