2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

What would be a normal/expected difference between models? I feel like testing usually shows 200-300 ish for driver (right? or should I go back and read some more?), so that XS 100 on a wedge seems low and I'm curious how much (practical) difference the 300 makes for the RXS.
I think you need to view the 100 separator as more of a boon to what the X is now with the new cover than anything, previously it was always more considerably behind the XS for me.

As I extend into other clubs and closer to the tee, I think we will see what the real difference between the two is.

I think you need to view the 100 separator as more of a boon to what the X is now with the new cover than anything, previously it was always more considerably behind the XS for me.

As I extend into other clubs and closer to the tee, I think we will see what the real difference between the two is.

If I understand the balls. The gaps should actually narrow as you move up the bag. I will be interested to see though and very well could be wrong.

If I understand the balls. The gaps should actually narrow as you move up the bag. I will be interested to see though and very well could be wrong.
Stay tuned. (y)

Ahh that makes sense, especially in relation to the marketing/discussion around Reactiv. Excited to see you test further

Personal best today with the Tour B RX...I absolutely love this line of balls!!

Some fun with these today in the "indoor facility", because....well.....where else am I going to be allowed to hit golf balls except my garage right now? :p

Anywho...I decided now that I do have a setup, golf ball testing is now easier, so why not have a little fun?

Here was the setup for the shenanigans. I took my new 54 degree SM8, indoor setup, GC2, and all four of the different models with the goal of hitting some smoothies with each. Goal was to hone in around 110 yards (+ or - a few) while not making aggressive swings.

Disclaimer, I don't spin the ball as much as some of you, I get that. Nor am I a robot like on some of these YouTube videos out there, and @Canadan of course. But, I know there has been a lot of discussion about the spin differences between each golf ball with the new cover, so, why not take a look at them?

Tour B - X
X54-L.png

Tour B - XS
XS54-L.png

Tour B - RX
RX54-L.png

Tour B - RXS
RXS54-L.png

Well Done Brotherman, love the numbers especially on the TourBX- noticed that you got the revs up on some, just as good as the BXS. I have seen you put the rev on it in person though

got my two pack of TOUR BX in the mail today from submitting my video

Some fun with these today in the "indoor facility", because....well.....where else am I going to be allowed to hit golf balls except my garage right now? :p

Anywho...I decided now that I do have a setup, golf ball testing is now easier, so why not have a little fun?

Here was the setup for the shenanigans. I took my new 54 degree SM8, indoor setup, GC2, and all four of the different models with the goal of hitting some smoothies with each. Goal was to hone in around 110 yards (+ or - a few) while not making aggressive swings.

Disclaimer, I don't spin the ball as much as some of you, I get that. Nor am I a robot like on some of these YouTube videos out there, and @Canadan of course. But, I know there has been a lot of discussion about the spin differences between each golf ball with the new cover, so, why not take a look at them?

Tour B - X
X54-L.png

Tour B - XS
XS54-L.png

Tour B - RX
RX54-L.png

Tour B - RXS
RXS54-L.png
For the evening crowd, and those reading my other thread. Hahaha

I also did some samples with an AVX, 1x, 330-S, and XV I might put up for comparison later.

Tour B - X
X54-L.png

Tour B - XS
XS54-L.png

Tour B - RX
RX54-L.png

Tour B - RXS
RXS54-L.png

JMan, this is fantastic, keep going thru the bag! Love this data, I've been fit in the BRX and bought 3 dozen but just grabbed a dozen BX to test/compare. You never know, alot of us might be tweeners.

JMan, this is fantastic, keep going thru the bag! Love this data, I've been fit in the BRX and bought 3 dozen but just grabbed a dozen BX to test/compare. You never know, alot of us might be tweeners.

It’ll be fun for sure, and will keep me busy during the craziness!

Wow jman. Wish I could spend all day in the indoor facility.

Seeing this I'm thinking I should really try the RXS.

Wow jman. Wish I could spend all day in the indoor facility.

Seeing this I'm thinking I should really try the RXS.
Hey, I have cold beer in the garage facility, come on!

Don’t we all wish. Effin’ Corona.

Off the driver the Tour BRX has been fantastic for me but I hit a 6 and a 7 iron the other day that should have stopped on the greens. I was 20 yards over. Looking forward to see some spin numbers on mid irons.

Little bump from the other day. Planning on getting 9i numbers tomorrow.

5B5D366E-0316-476D-B369-0B5C002E434D.jpeg

Tour B - X
X54-L.png

Tour B - XS
XS54-L.png

Tour B - RX
RX54-L.png

Tour B - RXS
RXS54-L.png

I would be interested to see the difference in driver/ 7 iron numbers with these balls (I have a dozen of the new Bx and BXS and love them both, but haven't tested on a monitor)

I would be interested to see the difference in driver/ 7 iron numbers with these balls (I have a dozen of the new Bx and BXS and love them both, but haven't tested on a monitor)
I’ll be working through different clubs and data sets this coming week (y)

Played the '20 RX today. Tough call whether I like the X or RX better. Subtle differences. I think I like the slightly firmer X but would need more time to make a call. I like these 2020 versions much better than previous versions. Excellent golf balls.

I’m
Played the '20 RX today. Tough call whether I like the X or RX better. Subtle differences. I think I like the slightly firmer X but would need more time to make a call. I like these 2020 versions much better than previous versions. Excellent golf balls.

I’m playing the BX tomorrow, been playing the BRX which is great but want to give the BX a go.

Had the wife record my driver swing to submit to V-Fit.
1) I forgot it had to be in landscape.
2) This "swing" could crash the V-Fit app. 💩💩💩💩💩 Wouldn't surprise me to have the recommendation be a year of Superspeed training and then game the e6 Lady.

Had the wife record my driver swing to submit to V-Fit.
1) I forgot it had to be in landscape.
2) This "swing" could crash the V-Fit app. 💩💩💩💩💩 Wouldn't surprise me to have the recommendation be a year of Superspeed training and then game the e6 Lady.
laughed so hard reading this hahahahahaha, good post!

So got out an played then new Tour B RX & I have to say I am mind blown. Let me preface & say that I’ve been playing the RX ball for about 5 years now.

What I noticed most was the feel of the clubs throughout the bag. My first drive was probably the longest I’ve had this year at 310yds. I’ll preface by saying we had a lot of rain this morning so the ball wasn’t running out much. The feel off the driver was very unique & I could definitely feel a difference. The ball almost felt softer. Trajectory and Ball flight was my typical flight of a fade but not as drastic.
Off the wedges I was generating some spin & backed the ball up on multiple occasions. Compared to previous versions I saw more spin and stopping abilities. A plus in my mind.

Overall impressed & will be ordering several dozen to get me through the end of the season. I did lose one in the water & seconded guessed my thoughts I’ve trying to retrieve once I saw the 🐊!

Just got my 4 dozen Tour B custom order today! They'd been delayed in manufacturing due to Rona. Just running out of my last sleeves so perfect timing, cant wait to get them out on the Course.

Back