2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

The Reactiv Smart urethane does sound very, very interesting. I was wondering what they could do to revolutionize the golf ball, but this does really pique my interest! I've been wishing I could play 2 balls on a hole, because I like the driver feeling of the harder ball, and I like the iron/wedge shots to feel a bit softer. If this works as advertised, then they may have changed the ball game! Can't wait to hear more when some THP'ers get these in hand for some testing!

I used to scoff at ball fitting, but now I'm started to really see the value!

Ya.. I have a lot of chromes soft balls sitting at my house, but I have to buy some of these.

This REACTIV core is crazy

Reactiv core is nuts.

During our presentation last night, they brought out two cores. One with the standard material we’ve seen in the past, and one with the reactiv material. The difference in how they bounced off the ground was massive.

Anymore you can share on how the bounce differs?

Reactiv core is nuts.

During our presentation last night, they brought out two cores. One with the standard material we’ve seen in the past, and one with the reactiv material. The difference in how they bounced off the ground was massive.

They talked about Tiger saying it seems to hang on the face of a wedge much better, which inevitably going to help to engage spin and control. His involvement in this process is huge.

Listening to Couples talk about making a transition into a different ball as his swing changes was really interesting too, effectively promoting amateurs to get educated and not be afraid to work a ball that fits their game into rotation.
REACTIV cover, it has my attention, very much.

And Fred in the RXS is fun to see.

Ya.. I have a lot of chromes soft balls sitting at my house, but I have to buy some of these.

This REACTIV core is crazy
Fwiw, the cover is where the magic is with REACTIV. ?

I am very excited to get these balls in hand for some real world play. I’ll be first in line on 2/14 to buy a box of the Tour BX, and then see what my VFIT results are when we submit our videos at the THP experience a week later.

Fwiw, the cover is where the magic is with REACTIV.

Yes thank you. I was woken at 330 by a false alarm from our ring doorbell, so I’ll say it’s because I’m not fully awake hehe

Yes thank you. I was woken at 330 by a false alarm from our ring doorbell, so I’ll say it’s because I’m not fully awake hehe
Hahahaha, those things are the devil.

Oh my goodness!!! Give me some REACTIV!!! I think this ball is going to capture & surprise people in the same breadth. The ability to gain distance and spin in the same ball is crazy. What makes it crazy is the way they’ve designed a ball to reactive based on the swing!

yes give me some!!!

How many of you are missing that lasssssst line?

Fwiw, the cover is where the magic is with REACTIV. ?
It's amazing that something so thin can have such a large affect on ball performance.

Anyone read anything they like? Great write up @Jman

Having watched the presentation last night I can tell you that Bridgestone is VERY excited about this new ball. The new Reactiv cover claims to react differently based on the impact. Meaning the ball leaves the face quicker off the driver and stays longer on the face of a wedge. Very cool concept which intends to create more spin around the greens.

To demonstrate they brought out a cell phone and a sheet of the new material as well as a hammer. The material was laid over top of the phone and they asked a member from the crowd to come up and hit the the phone with the hammer. To say the gentleman who hit the phone was a bit aggressive is an understatement, there were a few comments about having an Elon Musk moment haha. That being said there was in fact no damage to the glass phone...Pretty cool and speaks to the strength of the material.

This new release is exciting and being in the market for new ball to play this year personally I will be giving Bridgestone a hard look.

It's amazing that something so thin can have such a large affect on ball performance.
For sure. Combined with what was already one of the best internal designs out there, imo, for a 3-piece ball and I’m eager to hit them.

Great write up, James. The XS was full stop the best ball for me last year, while I may not fit into the swing speed category (I hover around 102), it just.... worked. A bit disappointed that the X/XS don’t come in yellow, but apparently I just need to try all four balls?

How many of you are missing that lasssssst line?

Do you mean this line>>>>> "Rest assured, there will be more to come on the new THP forum where feedback will be aplenty during the upcoming forum testing of all four models.":)

Do you mean this line>>>>> "Rest assured, there will be more to come on the new THP forum where feedback will be aplenty during the upcoming forum testing of all four models.":)
Dammit dude. Make them work for it! :oops::(;)

Great write up, James. The XS was full stop the best ball for me last year, while I may not fit into the swing speed category (I hover around 102), it just.... worked. A bit disappointed that the X/XS don’t come in yellow, but apparently I just need to try all four balls?
I mean, yes, for science of course!:p

These babies are the real deal. I think there will be quite a few conversions to the Bridgestone family once people try these out.

Extremely well written, @Jman. As good of a golfer as you are, you might even be a better writer.

Some great articles today on the home front. Looking forward to giving BRX a workout. I will have a month to test it versus ProV1 and the winner of that battle will have a chance to take on the new Chromesoft with TT. Fun spring ahead testing balls and equipment. 2020 looks to be the funnest year I have ever had in golf.

I am as excited to try this ball as any other new offering, including clubs. I wish the X and XS were offered in yellow, but I may fit into the Rs anyway. I will find out.

I mean, yes, for science of course!:p
It sounds like the fitting is probably a bit more fluid now, so definitely going to do VFIT, but will prob just grab some of each to try. Glad to see the hype is real!

Extremely well written, @Jman. As good of a golfer as you are, you might even be a better writer.
I really appreciate that! Lord knows I take more pride in my writing than the golf, haha!!

Woah! That was a great article and this new TourB ball is definitely going to get tested ASAP! Such an ingenious idea that really will revolutionize the tour ball industry! I love to hear about how they came up with this tech.

Would be great to hear how these came about and the secret ingredients, however I don’t think we will hear everything!

@Jman with the forum testing nugget! Make sure to read the full article folks.

Back