2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

Adding my 6i results, again CSX TT on top:
View attachment 8928177
I was perplexed so I reached out to @rehbirdie to get his thoughts. Responded in less than 5 minutes.

“Hi Mark, I saw your post and it does look like the RX outperformed through when you note that your swing speed was 2.5 mph slower.

CS 89.1 swing speed - 130.6 Ball Speed - 1.47 Smash - 238.8 yards
RX 86.6 swing speed - 128.2 Ball Speed - 1.48 Smash - 233.0 yards

If you extrapolate out to similar swing speeds then...
CS 89.1 swing speed - 130.6 Ball Speed - 1.47 Smash - 238.8 yards
RX 89.1 swing speed - 131.9 Ball Speed - 1.48 Smash - 244.5 yards

Your spins numbers were WAY better with the RX as well. You don’t ever want to be moving toward anything in the 3000s on driver.”

To say that put me at ease is understatement.
Man, this such a “New Bridgestone” I cannot really believe it.
Thank you and Welcome Back!

I get that in your driver tests your swing speed was down with the RX, and that obviously affects the end results, but it wasn't in your 6i test. Your swing speeds were nearly identical and the CSX outperformed the RX on that limited number of swings rather handily. Or am I missing something?

I have no dog in this fight, btw. I'm really excited to try the new B offerings. Never really tried any Bridgestone until the end of last year and didn't get enough input to make any lasting judgements. Going to go ball testing crazy once the weather here allows.

Played the new RX today for the first time. Short answer, I LOVED it! Best driving day ever. 6/6 fairways hit on my front 9. Only played 3 holes on the back until I had to call it a day but I hit 2/2 fairways there too.

I'm super excited about this ball. Getting VFIT on Saturday and will be shocked if the RX isn't my new gamer.

Likely not the truest test, but will have the new RX in play for a Sunday round in the Boston area.

Likely not the truest test, but will have the new RX in play for a Sunday round in the Boston area.

Weather will be good enough though approaching 50*, at least it won't be frozen greens like last Sunday. I'm in RI. I'll be playing the new Tour B RX this Saturday and Sunday.

I get that in your driver tests your swing speed was down with the RX, and that obviously affects the end results, but it wasn't in your 6i test. Your swing speeds were nearly identical and the CSX outperformed the RX on that limited number of swings rather handily. Or am I missing something?

I have no dog in this fight, btw. I'm really excited to try the new B offerings. Never really tried any Bridgestone until the end of last year and didn't get enough input to make any lasting judgements. Going to go ball testing crazy once the weather here allows.
I agree with you on the 6i. My attack angle was even better on the RX testing and CSX went further.
TBH - I just think I'm a higher Compression golf ball guy. I wished that I had tested XV and/or V1X when I was there however I had just so much time and the guy was helping me out if you know what I mean ;).

It's the constant struggle a serious golfer has - Finding the time and location to really nail down a golf ball fitting.

Interesting how much the launch angles changed on that 6i.

Interesting how much the launch angles changed on that 6i.
Maybe the result of the attack angle DK - The CSX was faster at nearly the same club head speed. :confused2:

I had a 67yd 60* wedge that chewed like a balata.....very stable flight on all clubs.....definitely hop and stop tech now vs the rollout of previous rx balls ..... then on next hole , I flighted a 60* from 60yds that bit entirely too soon! Seriously, this REACTIV cover is a game changer....

It's the constant struggle a serious golfer has - Finding the time and location to really nail down a golf ball fitting.

Oh I hear ya. I'm starting from scratch with balls this year. Going to test them all. Without a monitor though, it's going to take a lot of mid-morning tee and fairway testing with dozens of balls, a rangefinder, alignment sticks, and some sharpies. The things we do...

Oh I hear ya. I'm starting from scratch with balls this year. Going to test them all. Without a monitor though, it's going to take a lot of mid-morning tee and fairway testing with dozens of balls, a rangefinder, alignment sticks, and some sharpies. The things we do...

Luckily for me, only a few balls fit my needs; srixon Qstar tour, rx, rxs and old chrome soft.....NEED spin but don't care for firmer balls ....also a particular launch window/ flight ....the older RX were like super balls....like erc soft ....just too jumpy without enough spin (for me)
Zstar, prov1 and tp5 need more speed than I can administer ......but the approach and greenside spin I saw with the new RX was eye opening....the RXS flew lower.....Qstar tour doesn't spin quite as much.....another round with RX should firmly plant it as my gamer.....you know what you know!

I had some fun testing all the be Tour B series out on the Sim today. Below screenshots for the averages of 10 shots with the RX, XS and the RXS. I forgot to snap a pic of the X, but was surprised that I hit it as well as I did.

I am a short distance wise with driver, but I was pretty pleased over all with the numbers on all of them. I did delete a few absolute stinkers from the numbers, but left some of my not so good drives in as well. I probably had a few more bad drives with the RX compared to the other XS and RXS.

what really surprised me was how well ai was hitting the X. I absolutely crushed several that got out there about 240 or so so I was bummed that I didn't get the screenshot.

I wanted to test wedges out, but I was late starting and didn't get the chance. Hopefully I can do that in a few weeks.

RX numbersIMG_20200221_141306.jpg

XS Numbers
IMG_20200221_143951.jpg

RXS Numbers
IMG_20200221_142036.jpg

I would really be happy playing any of these malls, but the XS just seems to fit me better in my way of looking at it even with the ball speed being less on it than the RXS and the RX. I think that I had a couple with the XS that skewed the ball speed down a bit.

I plan on playing them all tomorrow to see what the real world results are. The cold and wet course may change that plan, but I hope to get them all a try.

I had some fun testing all the be Tour B series out on the Sim today. Below screenshots for the averages of 10 shots with the RX, XS and the RXS. I forgot to snap a pic of the X, but was surprised that I hit it as well as I did.

I am a short distance wise with driver, but I was pretty pleased over all with the numbers on all of them. I did delete a few absolute stinkers from the numbers, but left some of my not so good drives in as well. I probably had a few more bad drives with the RX compared to the other XS and RXS.

what really surprised me was how well ai was hitting the X. I absolutely crushed several that got out there about 240 or so so I was bummed that I didn't get the screenshot.

I wanted to test wedges out, but I was late starting and didn't get the chance. Hopefully I can do that in a few weeks.

RX numbersView attachment 8928671

XS Numbers
View attachment 8928670

RXS Numbers
View attachment 8928669

I would really be happy playing any of these malls, but the XS just seems to fit me better in my way of looking at it even with the ball speed being less on it than the RXS and the RX. I think that I had a couple with the XS that skewed the ball speed down a bit.

I plan on playing them all tomorrow to see what the real world results are. The cold and wet course may change that plan, but I hope to get them all a try.

Based on those screenshots, you need to never hit another RX ball in your life! Lol. Looks like you were definitely by far most consistent with the XS and had some pretty wild enormous swings between good and bad with the other 2.

Based on those screenshots, you need to never hit another RX ball in your life! Lol. Looks like you were definitely by far most consistent with the XS and had some pretty wild enormous swings between good and bad with the other 2.

My thoughts are pretty much the same. It is crazy because the RXS is more suitable for my swing speed, but I have more consistency and success with the XS. The XS is great for me around the greens.

My thoughts are pretty much the same. It is crazy because the RXS is more suitable for my swing speed, but I have more consistency and success with the XS. The XS is great for me around the greens.

I have some RXS coming and looking forward to really spending some time with it. Will be a tall order for it to beat out the RX for me. Will definitely have to try out the XS one of these days. Saw some success with the previous versions of that ball but didn't like it near as much as the RX for my game.

I actually played previous gen XS with high level of success.....moved away for minute and when I tried it again, the magic was gone.....I'm going through body changes and don't swing nearly as hard as I did 2 yrs ago.....but just a few holes with the new RX, and it seem to replicate the feel and flight of the old XS.....

You’re killing me man, was hoping I didn’t have to test XS and could roll with RXS this year. Guess I’ll have to load up on both

You’re killing me man, was hoping I didn’t have to test XS and could roll with RXS this year. Guess I’ll have to load up on both
Definitely test both!! More fun that way anyhow!!

I played around with the new RX today on some empty greens (too cold to play), I can confirm the spin skin is for real. There is one thing puzzling though, for those that have the BX or the BXS those look have the dual dimple more pronounced than the RX. I compared my older BXS and even those have a pronounced dual dimple. Don't know what that means if anything, just an observation. I didn't hit any drives just wedges and it was pretty much a drop and stick. Its very obvious the spin skin works.

3 different golf stores, none of them have the new ball. Was told in another 2 weeks to a month. Unreal these managers do not know how to order stock at all.

RX numbersView attachment 8928671

XS Numbers
View attachment 8928670

RXS Numbers
View attachment 8928669

If these were driver swings I agree with @Sox_Fan Play XS and call it a day.

Back