2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

After playing 18 yesterday with the Tour B X, the biggest takeaway I had is the sound/feel is outstanding--as good as any ball I have hit. It was a noticeable difference off tee and irons compared to the previous model. The previous model felt like other 'tour' balls; the newer model is unique. Not sure how to put it other than it felt really solid.
That’s exactly what Tiger said about the new cover when he tested the first proto. The first one he hit he immediately said “whoa, that was different.” And we all held our breath because we thought that was instantly a negative, but he actually loved that different sound/feel and that really drove the new cover forward. That was a insane day in March of 2018 when he first hit the new design.

Same Driver (M5) different shaft yes ( kuro kage silver tini 60g) but paired with 2020 RX I was in places today that were 20-50 yes longer.....same wind direction......maybe the course was drier.....somehow the combo or perfect storm of conditions allow for this but I clearly had much shorter shots in a few greens....

EX: 369yd par 4 that has been downwind each time I've played.....closest I had been was 144y left..... 88 yds today!

EX: 370yd par 4 that plays dead into the fan. ....best previous was 168y left......143y today!

This Ball/head/shaft combo is giving me back some lost yards......even had a downwind 300ydr but botched it from there

Played a full 18 with the BRX and it was a mixed bag for me. It did give me the stopping power on the greens, but I couldn't regulate it. Sometimes it was a drop and stop, sometimes it would suck back a little and then there were times where it would roll out. I'm sue it was me but since this is the first time I played a full 18 (in Florida) my swing could be at fault, but I will give it the stopping ability. I really didn't see a distance or launce gain, but then again, it was very breezy and I was happy just to play it frim the short grass. I will put it in play this weekend in Sarasota and hopefully the winds will be calmer. Everyone mentions the sound is different. I really didn't pay attentions to it but I also didn't hear anything special out of it. All in all a good ball.

I can't seem to keep these longer than a few holes 😢... The new pix ball lasted a round and a half... I'll probably put that in play again here in a bit

I played my first round with the new RX yellow and it seemed to perform. Durability was really good, I hit a few rocks very hard and thought it might be unplayable, but it wasn’t. I had a dozen until hole #17. I now have eleven.

One thing to note: it doesn’t hold the sharpie lines very long. By hole 12-13, the lines I drew were barely visible. Not that big of a deal.
187C2D35-B8B7-4C5E-AF3D-F3939FAAFB0F.jpeg

Last edited:
My shipment arrived today. TourB X and TourB RX. Just spent a 20 min session putting on the matt and chipping in the basement. They feel good. TourB X in particular has a better putter and chipping sound than the previous X. Can't wait to get these on GCQuad and see what the numbers say.

Wow, I'd really love to try these out. Too bad I still have 6 dozen of last year's model...

I am gaming Snells because they offer performance comparable to the tour quality balls at a much lower price. I have already found a couple of the new Bridgestones in the woods and put them in play. Impressive balls, especially around the greens. But any difference between them and the Snells isn't worth the expense given the limitations of my game.

I’ve been slow to post this, but wanted to share a shot that stood out to me from this past weekend about this ball.

Hole 17 could have easily been a disaster for me. I had hooked my tee ball along the tree line to the left. Almost did not find it and then barely got it out. Had to then punch down the fairway for my 3rd shot due to other tree issues blocking my path to the green.

This is where it gets good...I had about 35 yards to a back pin. The ball is slightly on an upslope as the green is elevated to where I cannot see the actual hole but easily see the flag. I hit my shot with my 54 which carried toward the flag and according to my playing companions, the ball hopped once and then stopped on a dime 2 feet from the hole.

I managed to save a bogey and it was purely due to the hold this ball has.

Edit: Ball was the new Tour BX

Last edited:
I played the BRX on a very windy, cloudy and cool day here IN SUNNY FLORIDA. Again the ball did not disappoint especially on chip shots, which I had plenty of. Distance wise it's among the best of the balls that I've used. It's not a miracle maker, but it's consistent, and feels good off the putter and wedges. It's biggest claim to fame is the predictable shots with the short game, which to me is a must. I think anyone testing these will have distance among the best of the current balls, but where it shines in the action on the greens with the short game. The durability is better than acceptable for the 18 holes that I played yesterday. The most I see on my ball is some minor scuffing from grooves and sand scuffs. Not bad at all, and more than playable for another 18. So far, this ball delivers.

Had a much better outing today with the XS. SUPER windy today and the ball didn’t spin out of control. But neither did the MTB Black I was comparing to. Big difference between the 2 was feel. This ball just feels awesome. Got intro check plenty around the green as well. I really want to give the X a go now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent a good amount of time with the new X model today and really enjoyed it. Distance wise it's tough to tell since I haven't played these courses for a long time but I was seeing a good amount of spin off of irons and wedges. Again it's tough to compare since it's been on different courses but I was actually getting backspin on shots which is something I rarely do. It makes me think I may not need to move up to the XS version. It feels great off the putter which is a huge detail for me. It was a pretty small sample size but I really liked what I saw.

I played the BRX on a very windy, cloudy and cool day here IN SUNNY FLORIDA. Again the ball did not disappoint especially on chip shots, which I had plenty of. Distance wise it's among the best of the balls that I've used. It's not a miracle maker, but it's consistent, and feels good off the putter and wedges. It's biggest claim to fame is the predictable shots with the short game, which to me is a must. I think anyone testing these will have distance among the best of the current balls, but where it shines in the action on the greens with the short game. The durability is better than acceptable for the 18 holes that I played yesterday. The most I see on my ball is some minor scuffing from grooves and sand scuffs. Not bad at all, and more than playable for another 18. So far, this ball delivers.

Where are you playing at exactly?

Bryson had the best weekend score at API, one of only 2 to shoot under par those days. @rehbirdie that seems like a decent endorsement of wind performance, yeah?

I had a fun time yesterday playing my new Tour BRX in yellow. Nice contrast when my ball landed in snow in the fairways. :)

Continue to see fantastic stopping action when coming in with wedges with this new cover material.

Over the weekend, I put a B XS into play. The course was empty and I would hit two balls, the B XS and the Pro V1X. If I had to pick between those two balls based on that one experience, it would be the Titleist. Although the sample size is too small, it seemed like I had more good shots with the Titleist. It also was more durable. The XS showed groove marks by the end of the round.

I was fit into the XS based on launch monitor numbers input into the Bridgestone website, but as of right now, I would be playing the RX. It was straighter, seemed to give me good distance (although it’s way early and temps were cool this weekend) and it is extremely durable. I have one that has gone two rounds and looks very good. Plus, it comes in yellow.

I am not abandoning the XS, because I feel there must be something to the fitting, but right now, it doesn’t seem like a match for me.

Not quite BAY HILL but still windy, gusty and blustery conditions in south Florida and with the wifey in tow the Bridgestone 20-RX shined ! On local executive course par 62 , I hit 15 greens making 3 birds with the 20-RX .....doing everything needed: distance, wind stability, stopping power , great feel.....stock 7i 150 guys THIS IS OUR BALL!

I played my first 18 at Shoreline in Omaha last Sunday. Actually, the course is in Council Bluffs, IA, but it's down by the Omaha airport (Eppley), so we consider it an Omaha course.

Weather was 70 degrees but with steady winds of 15-20 and gusts were probably 25-30. Not a particularly good day for golf, but me and my partners were itching to get outside. Besides, we had coupons for Shoreline that allowed us to play for $ 15, which included carts.

I had two different balls in the bag... Z Star (gamer) and the 2020 Tour B RX. Naturally, I started with my Z Star and it wasn't until the back 9 that I had occasion to switch balls. That was when I 3-putted a par 3 and my new resolution for 2020 is that I will leave the ball behind whenever I 3-putt.

I then put a RX in play and was really surprised by a couple of things.

1. The ball was very soft feeling. It felt really nice off the driver and woods.

2. The spin was much improved over the prior version. I played the prior version a lot in 2019 and liked everything about it except for the spin. I'm a low spin player and I had trouble holding greens.

After the round, I kept thinking about the feel of the RX and how nice and responsive it felt. I'm playing another 9 tomorrow so I'm going to use it for the entire round and see how it goes. Not ready to switch to it permanently yet, but it's definitely in the running.

Not quite BAY HILL but still windy, gusty and blustery conditions in south Florida and with the wifey in tow the Bridgestone 20-RX shined ! On local executive course par 62 , I hit 15 greens making 3 birds with the 20-RX .....doing everything needed: distance, wind stability, stopping power , great feel.....stock 7i 150 guys THIS IS OUR BALL!
You are insta famous!1583861022746.png

Played the Tour BX again yesterday and oh my. I hit a 54* wedge on a 90 yrd approach shot and it hit about 10' from the pin and then sucked another 15' back. If I didn't have so many CSX TT I would be giving these a full go this year! Still might pick up a couple dozen towards the end of the year once the sales hit. Switched to this the last 4 holes and hit 3 fwys and it was super windy and this was very piercing in the wind. Had mid flight. Really like this ball.

I am inching closer and closer to naming the B RX Yellow as my ball for 2020. It is really a good ball for my game.

Back