2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

Put this on the other Tour B thread, wanted to put it here too:

Little bump from the other day. Planning on getting 9i numbers tomorrow.

Some fun with these today in the "indoor facility", because....well.....where else am I going to be allowed to hit golf balls except my garage right now? :p

Anywho...I decided now that I do have a setup, golf ball testing is now easier, so why not have a little fun?

9C6AD2B4-AAC1-41FF-AE81-6522CD9B5001.jpeg

Here was the setup for the shenanigans. I took my new 54 degree SM8, indoor setup, GC2, and all four of the different models with the goal of hitting some smoothies with each. Goal was to hone in around 110 yards (+ or - a few) while not making aggressive swings.

Disclaimer, I don't spin the ball as much as some of you, I get that. Nor am I a robot like on some of these YouTube videos out there, and @Canadan of course. But, I know there has been a lot of discussion about the spin differences between each golf ball with the new cover, so, why not take a look at them?

Tour B - X
X54-L.png

Tour B - XS
XS54-L.png

Tour B - RX
RX54-L.png

Tour B - RXS
RXS54-L.png

Holy Spintacular!

Some fun with these today in the "indoor facility", because....well.....where else am I going to be allowed to hit golf balls except my garage right now? :p

Anywho...I decided now that I do have a setup, golf ball testing is now easier, so why not have a little fun?

View attachment 8936635

Here was the setup for the shenanigans. I took my new 54 degree SM8, indoor setup, GC2, and all four of the different models with the goal of hitting some smoothies with each. Goal was to hone in around 110 yards (+ or - a few) while not making aggressive swings.

Disclaimer, I don't spin the ball as much as some of you, I get that. Nor am I a robot like on some of these YouTube videos out there, and @Canadan of course. But, I know there has been a lot of discussion about the spin differences between each golf ball with the new cover, so, why not take a look at them?

Tour B - X
X54-L.png

Tour B - XS
XS54-L.png

Tour B - RX
RX54-L.png

Tour B - RXS
RXS54-L.png

holy spintacular @Jman !!

I mean is 9500-9700 pull the string type spin? Have you generated that much spin with any other ball?

View attachment 8936635

Tour B - X
X54-L.png

Tour B - XS
XS54-L.png

Tour B - RX
RX54-L.png

Tour B - RXS
RXS54-L.png
Wow that drop in spin on the RX...:unsure: Intriguing

I mean is 9500-9700 pull the string type spin? Have you generated that much spin with any other ball?
Some guys can juice that shot over 10,000 RPM :oops:

If you like these balls, episode 2 of the Mini Documentary with Tiger is up now.

Some guys can juice that shot over 10,000 RPM :oops:
Yea but you also put up my 6i numbers with 8i haha o_O I'd gladly give up some spin here to spin less with my long irons haha

Hoping to fee good enough to start swinging again tomorrow, next up, 9i’s.

I ordered the B3G1 deal in RXS with personalization.

can’t wait to get them

Had a good time with the RXS today in some pretty gusty conditions.

Had a good time with the RXS today in some pretty gusty conditions.
I honestly think both the RX’s would make killer wind balls.

Im excited to see where numbers with all four go through the bag.

I have been really really torn between the Tour B RX, and the 2020 Chrome Soft Triple Track.

On one hand, the triple track alignment is beautiful on the green. On the other hand, after using the RX exclusively today, I just really really love this ball. I’m thinking I will have to go with the buy 3 get 1 deal on these RX.

I honestly think both the RX’s would make killer wind balls.

Im excited to see where numbers with all four go through the bag.

I tried the BX yesterday and wished I waited a day as it was howling yesterday. Should have played the BRX yesterday and tried the BX today with very light wind scheduled. No question I get more spin with my irons on the BX vs the BRX.

Crazy as it sounds, thought the BX sounded soft in a good way for me on some nicely struck shots yesterday. I like them both.

Played a SIM round yesterday with the Tour BXS. Holy Spin, Batman.

Basically adds 1000 rpms onto irons and wedges. If I hit a fade add like 2000. My wedges were spinning at 11500+ going into greens and my irons were spinning on the number and above. Remember this is off a mat so I'm expecting spin to be a bit below the number.

Ballspeed was also impressive with my 4 iron creeping to 140 mph.

I'm impressed, I loved the feel but I think the BXS is too high spin if I dont play a draw (hook) for me.

I tried the BX yesterday and wished I waited a day as it was howling yesterday. Should have played the BRX yesterday and tried the BX today with very light wind scheduled. No question I get more spin with my irons on the BX vs the BRX.

Crazy as it sounds, thought the BX sounded soft in a good way for me on some nicely struck shots yesterday. I like them both.
Not crazy at all, even when I was hitting the smooth wedges for the data set up above, I could tell a few difference.

Really cool thing Bridgestone is offering on their Twitter account. Tell them what ball you were fit into and what personalization you want on the box and they return you an awesome wallpaper.

Here is mine that is now my homepage and lock screen background:

IMG_20200408_221758.jpg

Tonight will do a round with the Tour BX. I will need to get the RX and RXS to try out the entire line. I'm still surprised by how much I was spinning the BXS. Looking at the shots from the round I had a sand wedge spinning at 13.5k....

Tonight will do a round with the Tour BX. I will need to get the RX and RXS to try out the entire line. I'm still surprised by how much I was spinning the BXS. Looking at the shots from the round I had a sand wedge spinning at 13.5k....
XS is a machine with the precision clubs.

X will surprise you this iteration with the spin you get, imo.

Career round with Tour BRX today YELLOW, 25 putts. :)

I suspect that when warmer weather hits, I will mostly be playing the Tour B XS, even though it doesn’t come in yellow. I think I will benefit from the spin in my short game. I have noticed in my small sample of playing the XS, that it does seem to chew up more than the B RX. Has anyone else noticed this?

Today is a work day. Going to try to do 9i and 7i. Will be using Apex 19 Combos for the data, I think. Might get crazy and go Miura.

Back