2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

Both the X and XS are really nice. Think I'm partial to the XS, but still testing out both.

Went with RXS yesterday, and my wife even commented on how tacky they felt. Going to try the RX next time out to see how it compares to the RXS in the wind/rain.
I’m more of a low spin irons player which is why I wanted to try the RXS in the first place. I really like the RX I have been playing, but on the approaches I managed to put on the green yesterday, the RXS feels like a dart. On the one or two I didn’t turn over, just lasers to the middle of the green and stuck the landing.

Played my second round with the new BX, these balls are amazing! On firmish greens yesterday I got about 6' for roll out on a 215yd Hybrid and a 1' hop and stop on a 6i.

On a course with very fast greens yesterday I switched between RX and X to get more spin. I made the switch for the back nine after watching yet another approach shot roll out to the back of the green. Those couple hundred rpm were helpful. I could better hold greens with the X and at least try to get more aggressive with chips. Pins were all in cruel locations.

My buy 3 dozen, get a dozen free came in today. I really wanted to order directly from Bridgestone, but I found my preferred ball the RX in yellow (no personalization which is fine by me) at Dick's Sporting Goods with free shipping so that out weighed personalization and $12 shipping. I am trying to work through my existing supply of Bridgestone balls before I start on the new ones. I am fortunate that the RX, RXS and the XS all perform well for me. As the picture shows, I should be set on balls for a while. 🤣
IMG_20200518_174333.jpg

Did some filthy things with the XS from 100 and in today. Even used some backstops intentionally. :oops:

Today was the first time I have played a BStone ball in a long time. I had stated previously that I didn’t like the big B for a logo and that changed the very first time I hit a put with it in the practice green. The logo gives a great visual of how well you are rolling a putt.

Other than that, I played awful today! The swing was gone so I can’t even give any insight on how it performs.

Golfballs.com has these at $39.95 and can use 20percent code gets them at $32 a dozen without personalized.
Have 2 dozen of these coming. 20% too good to pass up.
2E8F1EC8-87F8-4139-903A-4E9981FE1240.jpeg

Can someone advise why someone would choose the Tour B X ball over the TP5X?
This is not snark attack in away way.

I feel like the Tour B X ball is heavy, solid, penetrating. A cannonball

The TP5X feels solid, maybe more explosive (I know it really isn't), stable. A rocket or ICBM
Both perform, so it's not like 1 is "better".

I'm torn and cannot figure out anything to separate the 2.
I am also trying to play 1 ball all year.

Going to play a round tomorrow early and compare the RX with RXS again. I'm still thinking I need a little more spin on full shot irons holding greens. My buddy doing same thing tomorrow with me too. He's at the point now saying the RXS is longer off the tee for him than the RX. Should be a fun round with multiple shots on some holes.

Going to play a round tomorrow early and compare the RX with RXS again. I'm still thinking I need a little more spin on full shot irons holding greens. My buddy doing same thing tomorrow with me too. He's at the point now saying the RXS is longer off the tee for him than the RX. Should be a fun round with multiple shots on some holes.

im going back and forth between the two myself. Looking forward to hearing your results!

Ordered the buy 3 get 1 free from our friends at Budget for the RXS. Have played a few rounds with them now and they seem to suit me really well. Will be the ball for the year.

Out of my last 5 rounds 4 of those were my best scores ever with today breaking 80 for the first time. On the 4 best rounds i used the Tour B RXS for those rounds. The one round that i had trouble with i was mixing in the Prov1x and Tour B RX. The RXS is great off the tee for me and zero issues holding the greens. Where i really like the RXS is the feel i get off of the putter. I believe this helped me tremendously with scoring better.

In another ball discussion thread @JB had mentioned that the Prov1x was considered pretty hard. I had not been switching balls around trying to be consistent with my game. That comment got me looking at other balls to try and the RXS is what i tried. Not sure if it is a huge coincidence or not but the results are hard to argue with!

Had alot fun past 3 rounds this weekend playing both RX and RXS. What I did was on the front nine RX then switch to RXS back nine. Played a nine hole layout, alternate White/Blue tees each hole. My friend played the RX all 3 rounds.

Make me choose, I'd take the RXS just for the more spin I seem to get on mid irons to hold greens. I think it's very noticeable. For me, bouncing one over a green coming in with 7 or 8 iron from 150 to 165 not any fun. I want that ball to bounce than stick which the RXS does. Be very curious to see these spin numbers on a trackman or something. If the place opens soon, maybe I'll rent a booth for an hour.

This coming from someone whose been VFIT at least 3 times, RX all 3 results. 100-102 driver speed.

I don't see any difference in driver length, both are plenty long. My best drives with roll on both balls were around the same distance when I cranked a solid one. I know this course well and where I usually end up from either tee.

Wedges, RXS a little more spin but I can spin the RX just fine, must be that new cover. Watching my friend play the RX three rounds in a row I noticed his balls roll out a little coming into greens, but he needs that, I don't.

So I ordered 2 more dozen last night of the RXS in YELLOW. :)

Mixed in the X yesterday for fun instead of the XS. While I did miss the greenside spin on the XS a couple times which forced me to adapt to how I play some shots, the X remains easily a playable golf ball, and an enjoyable one, for me.

Bridgestone is back.

Big, big bummer right now is that I have a lot of RX balls but the RXS is a way better ball for me. The great news is that my ball has been very, very good

Just ordered some X to the apartment. Really looking forward to diving back into some ball comparisons, and this one is high on the list. I know I like it fairly well, but I want to get a bunch of rounds in with it and compare numbers against my prov1s.

Mixed in the X yesterday for fun instead of the XS. While I did miss the greenside spin on the XS a couple times which forced me to adapt to how I play some shots, the X remains easily a playable golf ball, and an enjoyable one, for me.

Bridgestone is back.
All your posts make me think I should give the XS a try.

Do any online stores sell just a sleeve of these balls? Wanting to try the RX and XS to see how they do for me, but not wanting to spring for a full dozen of each. :ROFLMAO:
Ever find a sleeve if balls? Should be able to grab some at your local course.

Have played the RX and the XS. Big difference in performance (short game and putting) between the two. According to their online information and fitting, I should definitely be playing the RX. My driver SS is a poultry 87. 7 iron a measly 140.
Driver distance between the two balls very similar. Finding them side by side on the fairway. Iron distances virtually identical.
XS bites better where the RX seems to release just a bit.
I know there’s lots of science in ball development. But to be honest I do not see where a ball designed for slower swing speeds provide any discernible advantage.
For some manufacturers, there’s a price difference. Not with Bridgestone, unless you go E6 or E12, which for me sucks by comparison on chipping.
I much prefer the XS. Last week I had a little 50 yard shot in. Half swing 58*. Landed 12 feet above the hole. Sucked back to 5’. And that for a guy who normally gets a drop and stop. That was cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having a little fun this morning:B1F62275-995B-4824-A8DF-C98DBF8DB8D8.jpeg

After today’s round, officially decided on the Tour B XS

This thread needs to be closed for the other one with Jman info!

Back