2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

I wish I would have seen this earlier, sorry about that. I was playing the TP5X before switching to the BX. The TP5X is an excellent golf ball, no doubt. For me, the BX has been better in two major categories: less spin off the tee, and more spin around the greens. For me, the major factor is the less spin off the tee which has given me a bit more distance, but more importantly has kept many more balls in play for me.

I also really like the B logo compared to the Taylormade script, as visually there is less going on and I can focus on the B off the tee. If I want to fade the ball, I can move the B outside. If I am slicing, I move the B more inside to get me to come more from the inside.

I have loved this ball, it’s been a huge performer for me.
I played the Tour B X Saturday.
It was hot & the ground firm, but I did it some very long drives for me.
On 18, I hit a 3/4 PW & spun it back 10 ft. Usually a ball will just sit and stop within 5 feet on this type of shot

"two major categories: less spin off the tee, and more spin around the greens"

I would say: You aint lying. :)

Fun day giving a year supply away of these.

So here is my VFit report from May 25th
Used EF 9° and TourB XS 2018 edition:
View attachment 8951229
Here is my report from Saturday using Mavrik SZ 9° and TM TP5 2019 edition:View attachment 8951230
Seems odd that the ball speed is exactly the same. Bumping @rehbirdie it see if that could happen?

Spin is a calculated number based on a lot of factors. It factors in all the conditions measured as well as shape and trajectory that you input into the questionnaire. So if you chose the same selections plus your measured conditions where similar (which ball speed and launch are pretty close) then the algorithm targets a spin number that is calculated.

Which Nashville course did you play?

Sadly I got tied up at work, but it was going to be Bluegrass Country Club. I will get out there soon though. Eager to give the X another try

I played the Tour B XS this evening and was extremely impressed. I don’t know why I was doubting it. This is the ball I was fit into by Bridgestone with the online fitting.

It was long with the driver. The trajectory was great with my irons. My short game was really good with it, getting up and down 2 out of 3 times, with the one being a punch out from trees that left me 75 yards in. It feels good off the putter. I am so confused. I think I need to just pick a ball and stick with it.

I really want to try Tour B XS. I need yellow ball. I just cannot see white ball somehow. Sometimes I lost track in middle of the fairway. Any idea if these might come out in yellow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to try Tour B XS. I need yellow ball. I just cannot see white ball somehow. Sometimes I lost track in middle of the fairway. Any idea if these might come out in yellow?

I am with you. I so wish that they offered this ball in yellow, but it sure doesn’t look like it will ever be available.

I only play yellow too now, my daughter is an Optometrist and told me to go yellow. I love it.

The new Tour BXS is made in yellow in Japan. :) I'm not paying those prices though.

I play the Tour BRXS in yellow exclusively now, it's outstanding.

I played the RX for a bit yesterday and was pretty impressed with the performance in the wind. It's kind of making me want to get a dozen to use in those conditions and go back to the X in nice weather.

I’ve been comparing TP5 and RX past few rounds and I am leaning toward RX in performance in most area except on feel on putter. TP5 feel tad firmer on putter which I prefer. Other wise I have no complaints. Seems I’m leaving everything short with RX on putts.
Short pitch and chips are outstanding with RX.

I’ve been comparing TP5 and RX past few rounds and I am leaning toward RX in performance in most area except on feel on putter. TP5 feel tad firmer on putter which I prefer. Other wise I have no complaints. Seems I’m leaving everything short with RX on putts.
Short pitch and chips are outstanding with RX.

That is interesting. I don’t get along with the TP5 at all. It feels almost rubbery to me and spins too much off driver. I would go RX all day, every day. I know many love the TP5, though.

Tell you what I have played the new Tour B a good portion of my rounds so far this year and have gotten used to the spin I see around the greens. Today I played with a different ball and it just wasn't there. I missed the Tour B today for sure, there is something to this new cover!

I played the RX for a bit yesterday and was pretty impressed with the performance in the wind. It's kind of making me want to get a dozen to use in those conditions and go back to the X in nice weather.

Best wind ball on the market. First two rounds I continually flew greens into wind. 10mph=1 club with them. 10mph= 2-3 with my former ball.

It’s legit. Super legit. It’s also not some stupid distance ball with no short gameholding power.

To me it’s the best of each. Long enough to make people think it’s a distance ball, fights the hell outta the wind, and any full 7i or less will drop and stop.

If you are a high flight and high spin player, you have to try these. Only ball even close on the market is the AVX. It’s good, but the RX is better. AVX May have it best for raw distance (maybe, it’s close) but the RX is clearly better in short game skills.

That is interesting. I don’t get along with the TP5 at all. It feels almost rubbery to me and spins too much off driver. I would go RX all day, every day. I know many love the TP5, though.

I guess each player feels different. To me RX feel softer on driver and putter.
I’m not heavy spinner on driver so they ends same distance and similar ball flights.
Irons and wedges I can’t tell the difference. They both spins well. I might give little edge on RX but just little.
I think they play very similar. I could play either one without second guessing.
But RX being $8 less it’s obvious choice which one I’m picking when I need more balls.

Played with the Tour B X today. While my swing speed is still building (using SuperSpeed golf training), I am hitting the ball a bit further.
I’m still going to go back between the X, the RX, and the RXS; but after playing 9 today, and for the first time THIS YEAR: I did not lose a single ball with the X. It’s going back in the bag for Saturday morning league.

A couple shots stood out today, but one in particular. #7 has a severe back to front downhill sloping green. I hit an approach wedge into the green, nice and high. Ball hit and stopped 3 inches right of the divot. Had I spun back a foot, I would have caught the slope and rolled way down. A 2 putt par and this X is for real.

I hit a 60 ish yard 60* wedge, low off the toe.
The BX landed 4 ft short of the hole hopped past the hole, & "zipzip" back just under the ball mark.
Made my 6 ft par putt (flubbed my 2nd shot)

It is entertaining to see spin off this ball & it's the lesser spin model.

I'm usually a once bounce & a foot or 2 stopping power kind of player. Never a spin back unless it's into a ridge.
I've spun 4 in the last 27 holes.

This ball is fun.

I found a new Tour BX today on the course. So the next hole I did the honorable thing and put it in play. This particular hole is a 380 yard par 4. It’s a dog leg right at about 340 yards out. I refer to it as one of the “grip it and rip it” holes since there is fairway on both sides. There are plenty of trees but if you go far either direction you still have a good angle in. I lined up and let her rip, directly on my line and with 68 yards to the flag. I really like this ball from tee to green it played great. I may be switching when I finish the 20 dozen balls I have. I will buy a box to play with to test some more. Initial thoughts are it’s long, it spins well and it putts well.

I played all last year rotating between the B X and B XS before settling on the B XS as my gamer. I loaded up on about 10 dozen when they went on sale. Best ball ive played to date... of course out of curiosity I decided to grab the new 2020 version of the B X to try and see if im missing anything. As excited as I was to try the new Bridgestone's im pretty disappointed so far. The B X is constantly shorter for me than last year's B XS ( I have not tried this years B XS)

The online ball fit puts me in the B X but short game is my weakness and ive found the B XS to help me lower scores around the green.

During the week ill usually go walk 9 by myself. Since ill be waiting for every shot if I play normal, I always play 2 balls to get my moneys worth and practice some things. I'll hit the B X and think I absolutely pounded it. Then hit the B XS and think I caught that pretty good too.... get up to the balls and the B XS is 10 yards ahead. For me I would say after about 5 rounds of doing this, last years B XS is farther on drives about 70% of the time. And B XS definitely excels with wedges and pitch shots for me

If I wanted to reduce some spin off driver especially would playing the RX be the way to go even though I was fit into the X?

If I wanted to reduce some spin off driver especially would playing the RX be the way to go even though I was fit into the X?

Lower spin for sure off driver, I hear guys bring out the RX in scrambles off the tee😀.

Myself, I was fit multiple times in BRX but I’m rocking the BRXS in yellow strictly now and scoring. Just grabbed 2 more dozen today.
F4227452-84AC-42E3-ABDD-126204D7BEC6.jpeg

How come the Yellow Tour BRXS still aren't in golf shops yet? I've had to buy them online to get my fix.

I played a few holes with the RXS today. So have a few thoughts and these would be comparison to the Chrome Soft.
Off the driver the ball is long and straight, and could be moved when needed. No advantage between the 2 balls here.
Off the irons on approach shots the all felt good, plenty of spin and stopping power even with a 6 iron. I had several approach shots that the ball stopped with in 6 inches of the ball mark. Advantage to the RXS here IMO.
I didn't really have a chance to work with the ball on green side chips at all so will need to get these out and work on it.
Off the putter is where there is a huge difference. I was using the TT Ten putter today and this ball felt terrible off of the insert. It felt dead to me and I could never get the ball to the hole and kept leaving them short. I did take and drop a CS a couple times from the same spot with the same distance stroke and those would get closer. Was very odd and I will take some more time with the ball here. I think it may have a very different feel off of the milled face of the Chicago.

Overall it seems like a good ball, durability seemed good as I didn't notice any scuff or cuts from the wedges.

I have had well over a dozen rounds now with the Reactiv-improved Tour BX and it’s been a fantastic ball for me. Distance has been there in spades, and the spin has been just right to help me keep balls in play. I have been having trouble getting the ball to spin as much as I want around the greens, but that’s on me and my wedge game at the moment. When I do hit a good shot, they stop pretty darn well.

It also doesn’t get talked about as much, but I really like the “B” logo as a focus point. It’s pronounced enough to draw your attention but not distracting (looking at you TP5/X Pix).

I have a dozen Tour B RXS here that I am looking forward to trying out.

Back