What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

My supply arrives tomorrow! Kinda giddy about it too!

I can’t wait for PGATour SS to get some in! I will be buying a sleeve of each and picking a winner based on the numbers.

my round with the cs20 went pretty well. it's so hard to tell right now whether the cs20 is giving me better distance than the cs18. working on my swing, cold and windy day, first round in like 6 weeks, you never know. I found the cs18 to launch very low for me, but my low launch/low spin tendencies were a result of some swing issues that we are correcting. so while I would say cs20 launched better than I recall cs18 launching, that could be swing related.

I saw some pretty bonkers spin on approach shots with the cs20, particularly with wedges. I had several 3/4 shots juice back considerably.

durability also seemed to be very good.

once I have my swing in a better place, i'm really curious to see how these perform. tee seems to be great distance. greenside performance is outstanding. feel, perfect for me. I'm using arccos again this year, so hopefully i'll be able to get an idea of iron distances, because that was my only complaint about cs18: short iron distances.
I think we have similar experiences here, at least being low spin players in general. I'm really curious how a moron like me will fare with 2020 Chrome Soft, considering my positive AoA with mid irons lol.

you will only be picking the chromesoft man (chromeseoft x appears to be really delayed due to problems in quality)
Where did you hear this??

I think we have similar experiences here, at least being low spin players in general. I'm really curious how a moron like me will fare with 2020 Chrome Soft, considering my positive AoA with mid irons lol.

positive aoa with an iron is definitely something I can relate to. handle forward, deloft, hit up. makes for freakishly high smash factor on irons, but not actually ideal.

i'm working on adding launch and spin to my irons, though. I have a feeling that will unlock this ball for me.

positive aoa with an iron is definitely something I can relate to. handle forward, deloft, hit up. makes for freakishly high smash factor on irons, but not actually ideal.

i'm working on adding launch and spin to my irons, though. I have a feeling that will unlock this ball for me.
Yup, that's my move.
I'm excited to see how that works for you.

I’m about 4° up with driver. 2020 CS with my Mavrik SZ was spinning at 2400 rpm on average for my 100 mph driver swing.

Until I get through the rest of my current CSx Triple Track balls, I won't be buying any just yet - and it may be a while based on the amount of golf I haven't yet played this year.....

ok, you probably havent seen the multiple sources from insiders around this topic and the reason for the delay..........just search google and even this forum.

We've heard directly from @JasonFinleyCG that there are no issues causing any delays. Anything out there imo has to be rumor or a gross misrepresentation. I'll trust information directly from the source versus hearsay on the internet.

We've heard directly from @JasonFinleyCG that there are no issues causing any delays. Anything out there imo has to be rumor or a gross misrepresentation. I'll trust information directly from the source versus hearsay on the internet.

Did he happen to say why the standard Chrome Soft was being released in March the X later than that?

Did he happen to say why the standard Chrome Soft was being released in March the X later than that?

i haven’t seen him comment on that. I was merely referring to the issue being raised that the perceived delay is because of quality issue(s) with the X.

ok, you probably havent seen the multiple sources from insiders around this topic and the reason for the delay..........just search google and even this forum.

if you're talking about old stock and issues, Callaway has responded. I've had the good fortune to sit down and discuss this at length with Jason Finley, global director of golf balls for Callaway. and you "just search this forum" you'll see my thoughts on the matter.

but if you're talking about the new release of golf balls, then i'm still asking: according to whom? who is saying there are issues with 2020 that is delaying the release of the 2020 chrome soft x? i'm not denying it, I just haven't heard that.

People really like to spread rumors about the new ball. :rolleyes:

Just ordered a dozen of the CS triple track! Looking forward to trying them out in a few weeks.

I really dig the new Chrome Soft. Feels great. Spins really well around the greens and It fits me off the tee really well.

If you liked CSX last time, give the CS a try this time.

I really dig the new Chrome Soft. Feels great. Spins really well around the greens and It fits me off the tee really well.

If you liked CSX last time, give the CS a try this time.

i like the clear delineation between the two offerings. last version was a little blurry. now i think it’s nicely understandable.

i like the clear delineation between the two offerings. last version was a little blurry. now i think it’s nicely understandable.
Same here. Yet to hit the CSX, but I'm really appreciating the fact that they're trying to separate the two lines by performance rather than just feel.

Definitely looking to give the 2020 Chrome Soft TT a shot at my gamer this year. Tour B RX has set the bar pretty high but I know it will be a close race!

There definitely is this year. I was pretty darn impressed with the Chrome Soft, and I am convinced that Triple Track is like crack. I say I dont need it, but then take it away and I want to punch a kitten to get it back.

I blame @JasonFinleyCG for getting me hooked on it.

I was very impressed with the 2020 chrome soft. It is just not high enough compression.

100% a feel thing, the numbers were all there.

Just got shipping confirmation, will have 3 dozen in hand on Monday. Still have my G Truvis left also.

Back