What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

I’ve gone back and forth between both models the last 18 months, I seem to have similar results with both. I am pretty sure I would be a nightmare for any ball fitter, because I can figure out how to play any ball from any brand, with minimal difference between them all

Love me some Chrome Soft.

I hit a very upper 300's drive with a CSX today. That was fun.
I got one out to somewhere between 270-280yds on Saturday (slightly uphill in damp conditions and based on yardages on my watch from the tee and subsequent distance to the green on a straight par 4) and was very happy with it

300yd drive is a very rare occurrence for me with my physical limitations, so don't be posting all these big numbers and making us normal people feel bad :LOL:

This past weekend it became clear to me the Chrome Soft Xls is the right ball for me. I thought that a while ago but still experimented with other balls and there are so many good ones but this one performs the best for me. And I just really like the yellow triple track. Easy to follow, easy to spot and on the tee I use the triple track for alignment as well as a point to focus. And putting the triple track is a great alignment aid as well.

I just got a 'thank you' gift from someone that's a dozen CSX with TT and I really can't tell if they were trying to be nice, or f**k with me. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously. It was hard to tell. I'd love if someone had captured my reaction, but I feel an exchange coming on.

I used the CSX again yesterday and I am really enjoying the positives it provides over the Chrome Soft but the high spin on full wedge shots makes it a bad fit for me. I zipped two balls back off the green after hitting good approach shots. With the std. Chrome Soft I would have been putting for birdie but found myself chipping back onto the green instead. I do not love the firm feel but I am getting used to it. I am seeing longer drives and a half a club longer on iron shots. I hit a long bunker shot a bit thin and the ball flew all the way to the hole. Before I could finish my curse word the ball hit, took one little hop and spun back right where it landed. My playing partners were impressed and I played it off like I do that all the time. I do enjoy the CSX and I am glad that my game is getting consistent enough to see and feel the difference of the balls but the Chrome Soft is the ball for me.

I've been playing Prov1x, but am going back to Chrome Soft. Would like a softer feel off the ball.

Hard ponder on putting the CSX in the bag for grins for a while.

Split csx and csxls today. Still some tbd but xls seems to gain a bit of distance but the X might be a bit straighter. 🤔

Split csx and csxls today. Still some tbd but xls seems to gain a bit of distance but the X might be a bit straighter. 🤔

That makes sense because the X spins more. I will be trying the CSXLS after this weekend.

So, I have been playing the CSX-LS exclusively for some rounds now and I think I like the regular CSX better. I have paired it with the RadSpeed XB and after a couple of bad rounds with it, I'm putting the Max LS back in the driver spot so I will be curious to see the results with the two. I remember when I first got these balls, I had said I didn't notice much of a difference in feel between the CSX and the -LS, but I am really noticing a feel difference with them. The LS definitely feel firmer. They aren't too firm, just feel firmer.

What version is close the Chrome + of old? Very curious about Callaway Chrome Soft and have not tried any, but found some older Chrome + that i enjoyed the feel off irons/wedges.

I have been using up my supply of CSX during the hot dry months where the advantages it provides are most useful. I am enjoying them quite a bit but I am ready for some cooler weather and getting back to my buttery soft Chrome Soft. The extra stopping power of the CSX is great for dried out greens and I am seeing some big drives on the baked out fairways but I miss that soft feel.

I used the CSX again yesterday and I am really enjoying the positives it provides over the Chrome Soft but the high spin on full wedge shots makes it a bad fit for me. I zipped two balls back off the green after hitting good approach shots. With the std. Chrome Soft I would have been putting for birdie but found myself chipping back onto the green instead. I do not love the firm feel but I am getting used to it. I am seeing longer drives and a half a club longer on iron shots. I hit a long bunker shot a bit thin and the ball flew all the way to the hole. Before I could finish my curse word the ball hit, took one little hop and spun back right where it landed. My playing partners were impressed and I played it off like I do that all the time. I do enjoy the CSX and I am glad that my game is getting consistent enough to see and feel the difference of the balls but the Chrome Soft is the ball for me.
I don't ever have to worry about "zipped...back off the green" because I just don't spin the ball much. Normally even a urethane ball will release forward slightly on all my shots when the greens are firm.

That said, a few times lately I've thought the Chrome Soft X was "zipping back" a lot after a full wedge shot. When I get to the green the ball has come back maybe a foot, foot and a half from the ball mark. Or sometimes it has just spun sideways a foot or two, not backward.

It's kind of like my buddy who hits a big ol' hook on just about every shot. If he accidentally hits one straight he says that's his version of a slice. I'm so used to the ball bouncing forward, when it spins back 6" it feels like I'm backing the ball up like Greg Norman in his prime.

Really hoping for a CS sale pretty soon. I’d like to stick up on some CS and CSX.

I’ve been testing the CSX for some time now a d I think I’m going to make the move. I can’t get over the distance I get out of the CSX while not sacrificing short game spin that I love, it’s as mind bending as I remember it honestly.

I’ve been testing the CSX for some time now a d I think I’m going to make the move. I can’t get over the distance I get out of the CSX while not sacrificing short game spin that I love, it’s as mind bending as I remember it honestly.
How do you feel the CSX compares to the Tour B XS?

I love the CSX, but my usual place doesn't have them in stock, so I was considering the Tour B XS for a change (and they are slightly cheaper)

How do you feel the CSX compares to the Tour B XS?

I love the CSX, but my usual place doesn't have them in stock, so I was considering the Tour B XS for a change (and they are slightly cheaper)
For me it’s as long as the B X everywhere, but offered the spin of the XS that I love into the greens.

I’ve been thinking about this trial move for a long time now, It’s just a hard move for me to make….

this is the main reason I have stayed on CSX. The distance I am seeing off the driver and irons compared to CS is hard to explain. I have never have a ball make that much difference for me. I don't spin wedge/short game shots much, so the extra spin helps me a lot. Many said it's firm off the putter, but honestly I think that is more the face/insert than the ball imo.

For me it’s as long as the B X everywhere, but offered the spin of the XS that I love into the greens.

I’ve been thinking about this trial move for a long time now, It’s just a hard move for me to make….
I have been the same, but in the other direction, so I might pick up a dozen of the B XS to try and then assuming I like what I see, I can have them as a backup option if I can't get the CSX

So plan could be to use the Chrome Soft and Tour B RXS during the winter months when the greens are softer, then switch to the CSX and Tour B XS when things firm up again

this is the main reason I have stayed on CSX. The distance I am seeing off the driver and irons compared to CS is hard to explain. I have never have a ball make that much difference for me. I don't spin wedge/short game shots much, so the extra spin helps me a lot. Many said it's firm off the putter, but honestly I think that is more the face/insert than the ball imo.
It’s pretty wild honestly, the distance thing is real, and it’s tangible….and it blows my mind.

I have been the same, but in the other direction, so I might pick up a dozen of the B XS to try and then assuming I like what I see, I can have them as a backup option if I can't get the CSX

So plan could be to use the Chrome Soft and Tour B RXS during the winter months when the greens are softer, then switch to the CSX and Tour B XS when things firm up again
Oh heck, I forgot winter is coming, I’ve not even thought on winter golf balls hahaha

The CSX is just so good! I thought I would like the CSX-LS a little better, but after gaming the LS, the regular CSX is just a tad better for me. A little softer and just see a few more benefits overall.

Oh heck, I forgot winter is coming, I’ve not even thought on winter golf balls hahaha
Well here in the UK, September can be a very mixed month.....we had 25°C at 7pm last night whilst out on the course, then woke up this morning to rain and about 13°C when I left for work

Just go all in on the Chrome Soft and get the X version for the warmer months and the standard one for the winter - problem solved :LOL:

Really need to get me a box of CSX to test out. Sounds like a great ball.

Back