What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

I will also add that the CS seems to spin more for me, but not in a way that seems to rob me of any distance. The amount of bite in the short game is really impressive. Really can't wait to see how aggressive I can get once I am playing again.

Unfortunately local shop has not received their shipment. Ordered a couple dozen on Callaway’s website, but availability listed as 1-2 weeks.

I will also add that the CS seems to spin more for me, but not in a way that seems to rob me of any distance. The amount of bite in the short game is really impressive. Really can't wait to see how aggressive I can get once I am playing again.

What major differences did you see aside from feel?

What major differences did you see aside from feel?
In terms of ball flight, not much. I was seeing my typical launch window. But, I have never really played a tour ball that stood out to me as drastically different in terms of flight either. A lot more stopping power on the greens though. I have only played them at the Hideaway over 3 months ago, so it's not fresh on my mind. But, I spun the ball back like mad. With that said, for the amount of spin you get with wedges, they are incredibly durable.

Unfortunately local shop has not received their shipment. Ordered a couple dozen on Callaway’s website, but availability listed as 1-2 weeks.

Check Budget Golf. Close to you and might even be able to use the THP Coupon.

You bought me a dozen Truvis too?!? :love::cool::LOL:

If these disappear from your bag when we play next, do not suspect me. I am innocent but I bet the thief will replace them with something great, like Top Flights so don't worry about it. :sneaky:

how did it go?

Delayed. Only short game practice which went really well. While in Hammock Dunes area, I did not golf, but went to range twice and short game area once.

D4AB09FF-E909-4AA2-BB90-C06EF5202A06.jpeg

This ball will surprise a lot of people. As someone who has played the previous version of the CS, the 2020 CS is better in every regard. I found that it was slightly longer, held up in the wind better, but where it shines is with spin. The previous version didn't spin as much as I would have liked, but that is fixed with this one. I came away really impressed how on longer irons or scoring clubs the ball didnt roll out much from it's mark. With wedges and closer shots, the ball even spun back a little and I didn't see that with the previous version.

I can't wait to get a full season under my belt with this ball to get more long term thoughts.

Went to PGASS to practice and walked into a guy stocking the new CS golf balls. Going to grab a duz next time in.
Really Cap? March your happy a$$ back there and get a dozen :cool:

Really Cap? March your happy a$$ back there and get a dozen :cool:
I was in a hurry and didn’t want to disturb him. Or you could just send me one of your yellow TTs! :ROFLMAO:

I was in a hurry and didn’t want to disturb him. Or you could just send me one of your yellow TTs! :ROFLMAO:

you don’t want anything to do with snicker’s TTs. yellow or otherwise.

In terms of ball flight, not much. I was seeing my typical launch window. But, I have never really played a tour ball that stood out to me as drastically different in terms of flight either. A lot more stopping power on the greens though. I have only played them at the Hideaway over 3 months ago, so it's not fresh on my mind. But, I spun the ball back like mad. With that said, for the amount of spin you get with wedges, they are incredibly durable.
Interesting. And this compared to the CSX?

Interesting. And this compared to the CSX?
Sorry, no, in comparison with the last chrome soft. I didn't get along real well with the last CSX.

Sorry, no, in comparison with the last chrome soft. I didn't get along real well with the last CSX.

Gotcha. Yeah I'm seeing the same. Great performance into the wind. More spin around the greens and just seems to be a little longer off the tee.

I put the regular Chrome Soft in play today for 18 holes. I had a tired swing and was not compressing the ball real well, but the ball felt like a Chrome Soft. The greens were I played were really spongy and dormant, so it was tough to gauge anything, but every iron that hit a green sat right down next to the ball mark. Right now, I don’t feel like there is much difference in playing characteristics between this ball and the Bridgestone B RX that has had my fancy. Another round or and some short game practice should reveal more.

Check Budget Golf. Close to you and might even be able to use the THP Coupon.
Love me some discounts! Stopled by local Golf Galaxy today and picked up a dozen with TT even though I already had a sleeve testing from @dacatalyst41. More info to come.

You bought me a dozen Truvis too?!? :love::cool::LOL:

If these disappear from your bag when we play next, do not suspect me. I am innocent but I bet the thief will replace them with something great, like Top Flights so don't worry about it. :sneaky:
Was disappointed I wasn't with you at Hesston!! One of my favs! @shanewu @Snickerdog

Last edited:
For those that use the TT, do yall find any difference between the yellow and white balls, are the yellows a little more distracting when putting with the TT, i don't know if that makes sense or not what im asking haha

I think I will get a sleeve of these. I like that yellow. And maybe I'll just nab that 2-ball puTTer that keeps bugging me. Uh oh.
You probably should. ;)

For those that use the TT, do yall find any difference between the yellow and white balls, are the yellows a little more distracting when putting with the TT, i don't know if that makes sense or not what im asking haha

I have not noticed a difference really.
But I do prefer the white.

Back