2020 Chrome Soft vs. ERC Soft

thewilderside

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I fell in love with Triple Track last year, specifically in the Chrome Soft. However, I have a penchant for losing golf balls at an alarming rate at times. When I saw that ERC Soft also had the TT it piqued my curiosity about possibly dropping down a bit in price range for this coming season. Did anyone game both versions of these last year? If so, how did the ERC stack up to the Chrome Soft? I realize there's new tech in both for this year, but suspect the gapping between them stays roughly the same performance wise.

I fell in love with Triple Track last year, specifically in the Chrome Soft. However, I have a penchant for losing golf balls at an alarming rate at times. When I saw that ERC Soft also had the TT it piqued my curiosity about possibly dropping down a bit in price range for this coming season. Did anyone game both versions of these last year? If so, how did the ERC stack up to the Chrome Soft? I realize there's new tech in both for this year, but suspect the gapping between them stays roughly the same performance wise.

I played both last year. Full swings were pretty darn good for both for me. Around the green, I preferred the Chrome Soft, but both were really solid. Like you, I enjoy Triple Track as well.

I played both last year. Full swings were pretty darn good for both for me. Around the green, I preferred the Chrome Soft, but both were really solid. Like you, I enjoy Triple Track as well.
This is good to hear. I can definitely say the CS around the green was amazing for me, so even a small drop-off in performance would mean I still really like it. I also thought they were true to their word that the CS tended to be a little straighter than the CSX. I liked the CSX but I enjoyed the softer feel of the CS and workability isn't something I need to concern myself with just yet :LOL:

for me, erc best cs in every way other than greenside performance. erc launched higher than cs, MUCH higher. and that have me more distance. i actually loved erc. my greenside game is trash, so i rely on a lot more bump and run and putting than pitches or chips that need spin. if thats your greenside game, cs may be better.

for me, erc best cs in every way other than greenside performance. erc launched higher than cs, MUCH higher. and that have me more distance. i actually loved erc. my greenside game is trash, so i rely on a lot more bump and run and putting than pitches or chips that need spin. if thats your greenside game, cs may be better.
Good to hear, I've always felt that my irons launched too low so any ball that'll launch higher is on my radar. My greenside game is suspect as well so higher launch and straighter flight would trump the occasional beautifully checked chip/pitch :LOL:

Back