Tour Event 2020 CJ Cup Contest Sponsored by Golf Pride

I actually hate the pre-shot routine by Sergio. I've never been a fan but I actually at one point said "stop jerking off your grip and just hit the darn ball." Probably a combo of not liking him and an annoyingly long pre-shot routine. 🤬
It actually has improved over time.

Why the small field for this tournament?

Awesome field on an incredible track. Morikawa and his butter cuts make a comeback for the win this week.

It actually has improved over time.
It's true...He's has less regrips and waggles than before. The one that kills me now is Cantlay. I think his idle growing up was the young Sergio.

I actually hate the pre-shot routine by Sergio. I've never been a fan but I actually at one point said "stop jerking off your grip and just hit the darn ball." Probably a combo of not liking him and an annoyingly long pre-shot routine. 🤬

I don't know what it is, but aside from the fact I can't stand Sergio... also can't stand re-grippers. Awful to watch.

Go Rahm - he has a temper but has learned to mainly control and is so immensely talented.

Sergio, Rahm, and Hatton are in featured groups. Not sure why they didn’t just put them all together in a super tantrum featured group 🤷‍♂️

Why the small field for this tournament?

It is a limited field event. Top 60 from previous season's final FED EX CUP standings plus exemptions. I believe the field is 78 players.

Brooks and Sungjae going to have some trouble getting up and down for birdie on the drivable par 4 11th, which is the way it should be!

Morikawa with a great shot into the tough par 3! Maybe he’s bouncing back after a few tough weeks.

Then Xander drops one in even closer!

Edit: And Hovland is inside them both for a tap in. WOW!

Xander is on the move early again today! 🔥

I wonder if Rory is going to make any changes to his driver. It beat him up most of the round yesterday.

Xander is on fire right now. just dropped a 35' putt for birdie

Wolff with a bogey-bogey start. YIIIIIKES!

Brooks looking rather pedestrian these days.. Kinda sad..

Brooks looking rather pedestrian these days.. Kinda sad..
But not looking gimpy. That’s all that matters right now, I think. Plus he tends to overlook these events because, Brooks 🤷‍♂️

Hovland eagle bomb from the bunker!

But not looking gimpy. That’s all that matters right now, I think. Plus he tends to overlook these events because, Brooks 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I have my opinion on that. I think there is more at play then strictly an " I don't care attitude". Pretty soon he will " I don't care" himself into playing groups with Vaughn Taylor and Hunter Mahan..

Also, is there anyone that is as good as Morikawa that switches putters more often than him??

Ok, Xander. 🔥 5 in a row and -6 thru 8.

Xander is unconscious right now!!! 5 birdies in a row.

Xander is unconscious right now!!! 5 birdies in a row.

I really enjoy watching his swing. There is something very simplistic and solid about it that I really like.

And there’s the Hovland bunker shot.

I really enjoy watching his swing. There is something very simplistic and solid about it that I really like.

When he is on like he is right now, he's one of the top 5 in the world. the putter seems to dictate his low rounds. He tends to be a little wild but the putter hasnt always bailed him out like today.

Back