2020 Distance Bash with UST Mamiya Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

BigDill

2023 Morgan Cup - Team Hackers - Cobra Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Travel and Extra Round(s) Thread for the 2020 Distance Bash with UST Mamiya! This is the place where we can discuss travel, extra lodging, extra rounds, and everything generally related.

Thanks to @OITW for this information and template.

Airports by distance:

DAB Daytona Beach, FL 37 miles

JAX (Jacksonville, FL) 83 miles

MCO (Orlando, FL) 102 miles

Extra Rounds:

TBD

Participants:
@Tevenor
@hailoffire
@MagicSpell
@Tread23
@e1iterate
@BigDill

Arrivals:

TBD

Hammock Beach Resort

Official Event Thread - 2020 Distance Bash with UST Mamiya

Thanks for starting this.
We will have full dinner plans for everybody coming up shortly so you can plan accordingly.

congrats y'all

Congratulations!! Good dudes all around!!

I've been looking at flights for most of the afternoon. Logistics for in/out of Daytona Beach don't work well from where I'm coming from. Best for me appears to be Jacksonville. Right now I'm thinking of flying in on Thu, 2/20, so will be there all day Friday before the Villa crawl in the evening. I'm up for playing a round on Friday for sure. Flights out of Jacksonville on Sunday (late) are insane so will probably just head back to Jacksonville Sunday evening and fly out Monday morning. Unless there's a reason to stay another day ??

As of now, my plan is to drive up Thursday at some point. I would be up for a round Friday. I have a hard out per the wife on Sunday after the event, as Monday is my littlest one's birthday. As travel shapes up, we can discuss a course for the extra round, but frankly the courses at Hammock Beach are phenomenal and worth playing as many times as possible.

As for lodging Thursday night, I will look into options at the resort over the next couple days and report back.

In the same boat. Cost wise it makes more sense to fly in on Thursday, although the cost difference between Jacksonville and Orlando isn't much from up north. I am up for hitting a round Friday during the day before the villa crawl :)

As of now, my plan is to drive up Thursday at some point. I would be up for a round Friday. I have a hard out per the wife on Sunday after the event, as Monday is my littlest one's birthday. As travel shapes up, we can discuss a course for the extra round, but frankly the courses at Hammock Beach are phenomenal and worth playing as many times as possible.

As for lodging Thursday night, I will look into options at the resort over the next couple days and report back.

I can help you with this Big Dill. I know all of the hotels around there and can also say if most are around, sometimes course variety is cool too. Check out LPGA. If you want Hammock, I can make a call for rate reduction, because as you know, they are expensive as heck this time of year.

I can help you with this Big Dill. I know all of the hotels around there and can also say if most are around, sometimes course variety is cool too. Check out LPGA. If you want Hammock, I can make a call for rate reduction, because as you know, they are expensive as heck this time of year.
Thanks JB. I just took a quick look and you are spot on. Sometimes they release a Florida resident rate which helps a bit, but right now that only saves about 10%. Once the travel times set up a bit more firm, I will straw poll and see where we land. LGPA is certainly a great option.

Thanks JB. I just took a quick look and you are spot on. Sometimes they release a Florida resident rate which helps a bit, but right now that only saves about 10%. Once the travel times set up a bit more firm, I will straw poll and see where we land. LGPA is certainly a great option.

My guest rate should trump that by a bit. I am a fan of the LPGA course though. Fun layout and great conditions.

My guest rate should trump that by a bit. I am a fan of the LPGA course though. Fun layout and great conditions.
I have never played it and I think @McLovin is big fan of it, so I would love to try. At the ultimate weekend event, logistical travel to and from the resort to LGPA proved problematic. Perhaps with less people in this experience it will be workable. I know others have done it in the past with a similar group.

Looks like Jacksonville is the best airport option for me as well. I may not be able to fly in until Friday morning, I’ll have to sort that out. If able to, I would certainly be in for a Friday round before the meet and greet.

I am up for a Friday round. I am probably going to get in Thursday evening.

Personal choice and opinion - Hammock Courses are that great/special - worth playing them the entire weekend.

Also Jean Baptiste HOOKS it up with a fantastic rate

Flight and rental car planning has begun, looking like a Friday round is going to happen with most or all of the group. For those of you who may not be familiar, below is a link to LGPA International, a gorgeous course and about 45 minutes south of the resort.

LGPA International

Myself, Danny and Golf Unfiltered will be arriving Friday in time for evening festivities and as soon as our host gets back we will outline each night for you guys.

We have some serious fun planned.

Myself, Danny and Golf Unfiltered will be arriving Friday in time for evening festivities and as soon as our host gets back we will outline each night for you guys.

We have some serious fun planned.
Can’t explain how excited I am for this experience

Super excited to see JB and Danny again, and to meet Adam for the first time (although I feel like I know him after listening to his podcast). The crazy part of this whole thing for me is that I have been trying hard to find someone that will have the LIN-Q purple available at launch, and now I do not have to worry about that anymore!

Super excited to see JB and Danny again, and to meet Adam for the first time (although I feel like I know him after listening to his podcast). The crazy part of this whole thing for me is that I have been trying hard to find someone that will have the LIN-Q purple available at launch, and now I do not have to worry about that anymore!
Lucky ?

45 days out fellas! Have you all finalized your travel plans yet? i think its time to discuss where to stay Thursday and plan the round for Friday.

I should be arriving at Hammock Beach on Thursday by dinner, around 6:30 hopefully.

@BigDill We should have Friday evening dinner festivity times out to you guys in the next day or so

Flights are booked. Flying in Thursday and arriving 5:59 PM.

Back