2020 Distance Bash with UST Mamiya Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

@BigDill Spoke to the resort today and they are checking for me, because it is super booked, so not sure on the great rate. But I will report back as soon as I hear.
Thanks JB. We decided to book at a residence inn in Daytona earlier tonight. Sorry for not communicating this to your earlier. Based on the rates, it made way more sense since we are planing to play LPGA on Friday. But I do appreciate you reaching out as I asked. My bad.

Thanks JB. We decided to book at a residence inn in Daytona earlier tonight. Sorry for not communicating this to your earlier. Based on the rates, it made way more sense since we are planing to play LPGA on Friday. But I do appreciate you reaching out as I asked. My bad.

No worries. I don’t know that one, but I’m sure it’s fine. Enjoy the course it’s fun.

No worries. I don’t know that one, but I’m sure it’s fine. Enjoy the course it’s fun.
I am really excited to play LPGA for the first time. But it was hard to forego an extra round at the Conservatory. I really, really love that course. I think part of it is the general lack of dense housing around the course, which is not something we really see in Florida very often these days.

I will call LPGA tomorrow and work on some tee times. Sorry I didn’t get to it last week, I have been on daddy dance recital duty since Friday. The wife ran (and finished!) her first marathon this weekend at Disney, so I had to be dance dad for the two kids. But they did great, and I got a gold star.

Starting the process to book the Friday round now. We have two course options, assuming availability:

The Arthur Hills Signature Course

The Rees Jones Signature Course

After reading the descriptions, I would tend to lean towards the Rees Jones course, but I have never played either, so if anyone has a strong preference, please let me know.

Thanks. I’ll start peeping the courses now and toss out a suggestion.

I know nothing about either course, I’ll just be happy to be golfing.

Starting the process to book the Friday round now. We have two course options, assuming availability:

The Arthur Hills Signature Course

The Rees Jones Signature Course

After reading the descriptions, I would tend to lean towards the Rees Jones course, but I have never played either, so if anyone has a strong preference, please let me know.

I've played more Rees Jones courses than Arthur Hills, but I've really liked the layout and flow of the AH courses, more so than the Jones courses I've played.

Thanks for the doing the leg work on this Nick.

I took a look at both and although they both look like a fun challenge to play, for some reason I am gravitating towards the Rees Jones course more. That being said, much like @Tread23 , I will just be happy to be playing either. :)

I’d agree on the Rees Jones course.

Getting totally jelous reading this thread.

So it looks like there is no wrong answer, but 3 votes for the Rees Jones course.

Boy do we have a special weekend planned.

If you guys have never played Hammock Beach, you will come away knowing you have played a damn good one. OMG did i love those courses.

If you guys have never played Hammock Beach, you will come away knowing you have played a damn good one. OMG did i love those courses.
I’ll hold ya to it

Also, As far as flying, i flew into JAX and drove down. It was an easy drive.

Also, As far as flying, i flew into JAX and drove down. It was an easy drive.
You can even stop in St. Augustine and see the fort. And about 1000 tourist shops.

You do that, and when you play 18 along the beach, screw your hat on tight...lol
Yea... you all are making 18 sound like a monster. I’m gonna have all the bad thoughts in my head!

Yea... you all are making 18 sound like a monster. I’m gonna have all the bad thoughts in my head!

I would have to say it all depends on if the wind is blowing

Every week feels like two right now leading up to this. I’m so freaking excited

It’s not that bad. It’s a beautiful hole. You have more room to the right than you think. The left edge of the hole is a hard OB as it is protected dunes. The tee box is a bit elevated so the bar gets out there, even with some cross wind. A lot of people hit a long iron or wood into the green and it’s hard to get the ball to sit on the somewhat elevated green. It’s one of my favorite holes I have ever played. It’s amazing.

Every week feels like two right now leading up to this. I’m so freaking excited

Feel the same way. Sounds corny, but I have a calendar printed out of sim days and superspeed days for me to cross off as we get closer. :giggle:

Back