2020 Distance Bash with UST Mamiya Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

I think I’m going to try to book the Rees Jones course tomorrow unless there is a last minute objection. I think the rate should be around $90, but I will confirm. If it’s over $100, I’ll hit pause and circle back with the group.

I think I’m going to try to book the Rees Jones course tomorrow unless there is a last minute objection. I think the rate should be around $90, but I will confirm. If it’s over $100, I’ll hit pause and circle back with the group.
That sounds like a plan to me. Thanks for looking into it @BigDill

Sounds good to me

Im in.

I just gave LPGA a call, and the earliest I can book is 2 weeks out, so I will have to call back on February 7th. I already have it calendared.

Side note, the Daytona 500 is the Sunday prior to that day, so the pro shop said that the course may be a bit busy. I will do my best to get a tee times that work on one of the courses, with the preference being the Jones course.

I just gave LPGA a call, and the earliest I can book is 2 weeks out, so I will have to call back on February 7th. I already have it calendared.

Side note, the Daytona 500 is the Sunday prior to that day, so the pro shop said that the course may be a bit busy. I will do my best to get a tee times that work on one of the courses, with the preference being the Jones course.
Whatever works is fine with me and thanks for doing the legwork

Happy to do it. I figured that as the resident Floridian of the group, its my duty.

Nick is one of the best dudes you’ll ever meet. He bent over backwards and every other which way to help us out-of-staters at the Graphite Challenge. He truly is a big deal.

Nick is one of the best dudes you’ll ever meet. He bent over backwards and every other which way to help us out-of-staters at the Graphite Challenge. He truly is a big deal.
You are way too kind buddy. Had a great time with everyone, and would do it again in a heartbeat. Just please make sure you bag makes it on the place with you next time.

Last edited:
4 weeks from today most of us will be on the ground in Florida!

Alright, time to get this thread really moving as we are 2 weeks out.

Travel plans:
  • 4 of us are flying to JAX ( myself, @MagicSpell , @Tread23 , and @hailoffire ) arriving Thursday and carpooling to Daytona Beach in the swagger wagon.
  • @e1iterate is flying into Daytona Beach.
  • @BigDill is driving up and meeting us in Daytona Beach.

Below are the "pre-Bash" activity plans for the group that we have scheduled so far.

Day 0 (Thursday aka Travel day ):
- The plan is for us to all meet up and celebrate the initiation as Bash Brothers with some libations of choice in Daytona Beach.

Day 1 ( Friday pre-villa crawl ):
- Current plan is to play a round at LPGA National ( Thanks @BigDill for working to set that up for us ) assuming we can get a reservation.
- Working on the pairings and most likely swap at the turn to get everyone a chance to play together based on the Saturday and Sunday pairings with the crew.
- When done, we are all going to pile in the vehicles and make our way up to Hammock Beach to check in, get refreshed and get ready for the Villa crawl.

We'll try to keep this thread updated as we travel and play our round on Thursday.

This is going to be great! :cool:

Travel plans:
  • 4 of us are flying to JAX ( myself, @MagicSpell , @Tread23 , and @hailoffire ) arriving Thursday and carpooling to Daytona Beach in the swagger wagon.

Below are the "pre-Bash" activity plans for the group that we have scheduled so far.

- The plan is for us to all meet up and celebrate the initiation as Bash Brothers with some libations of choice in Daytona Beach.

- Current plan is to play a round at LPGA National ( Thanks @BigDill for working to set that up for us ) assuming we can get a reservation.
- Working on the pairings and most likely swap at the turn to get everyone a chance to play together based on the Saturday and Sunday pairings with the crew.
- When done, we are all going to pile in the vehicles and make our way up to Hammock Beach to check in, get refreshed and get ready for the Villa crawl.

We'll try to keep this thread updated as we travel and play our round on Thursday.

I will be calling the course first thing tomorrow morning to try to make some tee times.

Travel plans:

If I'm not mistaken, I think JB changed the order of things. Friday night is group dinner and Saturday night is Villa Crawl. Here's the modified itinerary from the main thread (or am I getting things reversed?):
Itinerary
Friday Evening: Dinner at the Atlantic Grille in a Private Room on the Ocean
Saturday Morning: Full Driver Fitting with UST Mamiya
Saturday Afternoon: 18 Holes of Golf at Ocean Course
Saturday Evening: Villa Crawl Meet and Greet (more on this soon)
Sunday Morning: 18 Holes of Golf at the Conservatory

Hyped to follow you guys, practice rounds and all.

If I'm not mistaken, I think JB changed the order of things. Friday night is group dinner and Saturday night is Villa Crawl. Here's the modified itinerary from the main thread (or am I getting things reversed?):
Itinerary
Friday Evening: Dinner at the Atlantic Grille in a Private Room on the Ocean
Saturday Morning: Full Driver Fitting with UST Mamiya
Saturday Afternoon: 18 Holes of Golf at Ocean Course
Saturday Evening: Villa Crawl Meet and Greet (more on this soon)
Sunday Morning: 18 Holes of Golf at the Conservatory

Good catch. We;ll have @BigDill update the first post with the right info.

The order was changed that the group dinner at Atlantic Grille is Saturday evening and Villa Crawl is Friday.

The order was changed that the group dinner at Atlantic Grille is Saturday evening and Villa Crawl is Friday.

Let’s hope the forecast stays about the same. 70 and sunny would be a wonderful escape.

Thanks @JB . So the order is back to the original itinerary? The itinerary in the main thread shows the reverse in the first post.

Im so sorry about this, I was mistaken above. Atlantic Grille dinner is Friday evening, where we will have a private room and hand out swag, etc.

Saturday night is the villa crawl. The reason this was setup this way is because Saturday, we have fittings and then play golf. Making it to dinner in time would have been tough.

Im so sorry about this, I was mistaken above. Atlantic Grille dinner is Friday evening, where we will have a private room and hand out swag, etc.

Saturday night is the villa crawl. The reason this was setup this way is because Saturday, we have fittings and then play golf. Making it to dinner in time would have been tough.

Any dress code for Friday? Do we gotta look all fancy and stuff? :D

Back