2020 Distance Bash with UST Mamiya Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

Ugh, haven't even left Tucson yet and see flight from Dallas to Jacksonville is already delayed. No wonder I don't care to rely on airlines anymore

I love travel days for THP events!

Ugh, haven't even left Tucson yet and see flight from Dallas to Jacksonville is already delayed. No wonder I don't care to rely on airlines anymore
Oh no...

Home from work, time to finish packing. 3 hours til I head to the airport.

Google is telling me that Danny and E1iterate’s flight is turning around and heading to Charlotte. WTF?

Google is telling me that Danny and E1iterate’s flight is turning around and heading to Charlotte. WTF?
Yikes!! They must be getting rowdy on that flight.

Seriously though, hope all is OK.

2568E187-FA26-4C0D-8384-D8F53F909415.jpeg

The pilot saw the shirt @e1iterate was wearing.

Take one lousy flight and miss all the posts.

Just arrived in Atlanta. Jesus it's wet here. Going to grab some lunch and see a guy about a horse. Then on to Jacksonville.

Yeah so jokes aside, apparently they really are going back to Charlotte. I had no idea.

Yup. Something about an oil spill at Daytona Airport. I just saw a plane land from hotel window, so not sure.

Apparently there is an issue at the Daytona Beach airport and we’ve been turned around back to Charlotte.

THAT is a total bummer.....wtf

Why wouldn’t they divert them to Orlando, Sanford or Jax though. Each only 1 hour or less away. Why go all of the way back.

Damn that sucks, weird that they rerouted back to CLT vs the many airports in FL.

Have fun and safe travel for those arriving departing today/tonight.

My man @donny475 had some crazy travel stuff for the event back in Oct.

Why wouldn’t they divert them to Orlando, Sanford or Jax though. Each only 1 hour or less away. Why go all of the way back.

Right? Seems bizarre to me and a total waste of the remaining fuel they have.

I had that happen once on a flight from Baltimore to Albany and we were only about 25 minutes from Albany(only an hour flight). That was something with the plane, had to turn around, get on new plane, and then make the trip back up. Could have easily landed at other airports on the way. At least the airline sent me a $200 voucher for that.

Yeah....that's gonna take awhile to get that mess cleaned up

Apparently there is an issue at the Daytona Beach airport and we’ve been turned around back to Charlotte.
Hopefully won't be much delay.

Anybody else 100% sure this is because of the Chiefs gear?

They heard this is the Distance Bash, so they are seeing how many miles they can get out of you guys! But I seriously hope they get it figured out, and you guys all get there on time and safely.

Back