EXPERIENCE 2020 Distance Bash with UST Mamiya

Finalizing my golf bag for the trip. Going full cavity back, which includes a 7-iron that I installed a Recoil shaft in that may or may not have a ferrule.

You know... I should probably go hit a few golf balls today. If nothing else to make sure the heads off my recently build clubs don't go flying off.

You know... I should probably go hit a few golf balls today. If nothing else to make sure the heads off my recently build clubs don't go flying off.

I assume those are Recoil shafts...

You mean the club head isn't supposed to go as far as the golf ball when you swing?

Quietest group ever on event week

Please tell me they have actual Hammocks on the beach for someone to pass out on after the Villa Crawl.

Please tell me they have actual Hammocks on the beach for someone to pass out on after the Villa Crawl.

No hammocks but lots of places to pass out

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Quietest group ever on event week
Ha. It’s the quiet before the storm? Definitely excited about everything that is in store for us. My bag is almost completely switched over to UST Mamiya shafts at this point and I’m loving it.

I’m also sure that the Villa Crawl judges will be relieved to know that the Redneck Bomb drink was just a ruse, and Villa 2 has been working on our drink for over a month. We are coming to win.

Last edited:
The only club in my bag without a UST shaft is my putter @BigDill

o_O... o_O... o_O...

There appears to be significantly more heads in the photo than participants :unsure:

Dibs on the leftovers! :ROFLMAO:
JB and Danny have seen me swing, so they want to make sure they have whatever is needed to fit whatever swing I happen to have that day.

JB and Danny have seen me swing, so they want to make sure they have whatever is needed to fit whatever swing I happen to have that day.

I am stoked to see how the fitting goes down, to say the least. Have you hit the SZ vs. SZX yet? Leaning a certain way?

I am stoked to see how the fitting goes down, to say the least. Have you hit them both yet? Leaning a certain way yet?
I actually have not. I have purposely stayed away from these, even though I have been tempted, because I want to go in with an open mind. I focused my energy in replacing my hybrid and working on my driver swing to increase launch and become much more repeatable.

I actually have not. I have purposely stayed away from these, even though I have been tempted, because I want to go in with an open mind. I focused my energy in replacing my hybrid and working on my driver swing to increase launch and become much more repeatable.

Nice, I like that approach.

I have been swamped trying to get everything done before Thursday otherwise I would have been talking more smack. :)

I have avoided temptation and not hit a SZ yet even though I had chances. Saving for my first time to be surrounded by my bash brothers.....er wait.....that didn't sound right. Well....you know what i mean....

Besides, I had to take care of some business which luckily both things arrived today which is good. No spoilers. :)

I have been swamped trying to get everything done before Thursday otherwise I would have been talking more smack. :)

I have avoided temptation and not hit a SZ yet even though I had chances. Saving for my first time to be surrounded by my bash brothers.....er wait.....that didn't sound right. Well....you know what i mean....

Besides, I had to take care of some business which luckily both things arrived today which is good. No spoilers. :)
Spill the beans....

Back