EXPERIENCE 2020 Distance Bash with UST Mamiya

For noobs how does this event work... Seems everyone is changing shafts to just type shafts.. I read about the driver fitting and golf with drinks... Anyone help me out with the overall experience idea with this specific event..

For noobs how does this event work... Seems everyone is changing shafts to just type shafts.. I read about the driver fitting and golf with drinks... Anyone help me out with the overall experience idea with this specific event..
The event is based around being fit for a brand new driver with a UST Mamiya shaft. The cherry on top is that the driver heads will be from the new Cobra SpeedZone line, with the goal of trying to maximize distance for all the participants using the technology UST Mamiya has to offer. Danny Le, master of all things fun, will be on hand to make sure everyone ends up with the shafts that fit them best.

Then, at the same time, we will also be taking and submitting our VFIT videos to Bridgestone to see which one of the new 2020 Tour B line of balls fits us best, and we will then be given those balls right then at the event to put in play for the weekend.

Friday night will be a get to know each other dinner, then Saturday morning we will be at a world class range for the fitting. Once fit, we will be given the driver to play for the Saturday afternoon and Sunday rounds.

On Saturday night, we will be having a villa crawl where each of the villas will be making a drink for a friendly competition to be judged by Danny, JB and Adam from the Golf Unfiltered podcast. While we all joke around a bit, it is a really fun time for everyone to have a drink or two and enjoy the company while we eat some dinner and talk about golf and other things. It will be my second time participating in one, and last time it was an absolute blast.

Separate from the event, a couple of us, I think myself and @e1iterate, have participated in a UST Mamiya event before and have become fans of their product. Personally, I have been playing Recoils in my irons and they have been great for me. I’m trying to match my shafts in a few of my clubs so I have a consistent feel, but mostly because the graphite iron shafts have really helped ease some joint pain I was having. I just put a Recoil 95 Proto in a driving iron, and will probably put some sort of Recoil shaft in my wedges when I finally make a decision as to which.

Last edited:
I have been swamped trying to get everything done before Thursday otherwise I would have been talking more smack. :)

I have avoided temptation and not hit a SZ yet even though I had chances. Saving for my first time to be surrounded by my bash brothers.....er wait.....that didn't sound right. Well....you know what i mean....

Besides, I had to take care of some business which luckily both things arrived today which is good. No spoilers. :)
When you finally hit it, I think you will enjoy the experience.

Can't believe this event is upon us. In light of the recent USGA distance project, I hope you all absolutely break the sound barrier crushing your drives! New head and shaft combos will be beasts!

Can't believe this event is upon us. In light of the recent USGA distance project, I hope you all absolutely break the sound barrier crushing your drives! New head and shaft combos will be beasts!
I can promise you that if I get to carry a single golf ball 275 yards or more, I will literally never shut up about it.

When you finally hit it, I think you will enjoy the experience.

I am expecting I will. And I will definitely be sharing my impressions here once I get my hands on it.

I can promise you that if I get to carry a single golf ball 275 yards or more, I will literally never shut up about it.

If you start getting close, I am popping out the phone and recording it to make sure I get it on video. That's going to be gold right tehre! :D

Quietest group ever on event week

I’ll be waiting on the flight deck if you need a 4th!

Looking forward in seeing what the boys think of these driver heads paired w/ these new UST shafts.

As I think back to the great friends made and incredible times at shaft up and the finale, I just can’t wait for everyone to experience this trip. Two awesome and totally different tracks, amazing driver head and shafts, green grass fitting, and oh yeah, villas. Enjoy it you guys and have fun with Danny, literally the best.

So excited to follow along with this...not to mention I’ll be sitting at a cheer competition so Distance Bash will be streaming!!!

One more day of work after today...can’t come quick enough!

From talking with
One more day of work after today...can’t come quick enough!

Amen. I have 2 days ( today and tomorrow ) of offsite meetings ( think all day in the room with the same 12 people ) and then I am free and clear and heading out of snowtown.

With a tail wind and the range being slightly downhill you might carry one 3 bills

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

With a tail wind and the range being slightly downhill you might carry one 3 bills

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Or fitting done on the private range, into the wind : )
Like the True Temper event...

Or fitting done on the private range, into the wind : )
Like the True Temper event...
Is the plan to be on the backside of the Ocean Course range?

Is the plan to be on the backside of the Ocean Course range?
It's a secret : )
Genuinely I dont know yet. Originally they gave us the private members range. I prefer the other side personally, this way people can be closer to the food area, the putting green, etc. So I have requested that.

Genuinely I dont know yet. Originally they gave us the private members range. I prefer the other side personally, this way people can be closer to the food area, the putting green, etc. So I have requested that.

Who knew there was so many choices? :D

I get it. i was just wondering because one way, the wind is behind and the other, its in your face. Not that it matters to the launch monitors. Either way, I am super excited to be back on that course again. It is so beautiful early in the morning looking into the water while putting. And the staff treats you like you are the most important person there.

I get it. i was just wondering because one way, the wind is behind and the other, its in your face. Not that it matters to the launch monitors. Either way, I am super excited to be back on that course again. It is so beautiful early in the morning looking into the water while putting. And the staff treats you like you are the most important person there.

I genuinely have been to Hammock Beach 5 times in the last month and not set foot on the golf course once. So I have no idea the conditions or anything. They had a bit of a rough weather patch, plus new management, so I am hopeful, but in the end, the layouts are so fantastic and the resort is the star.

I genuinely have been to Hammock Beach 5 times in the last month and not set foot on the golf course once. So I have no idea the conditions or anything. They had a bit of a rough weather patch, plus new management, so I am hopeful, but in the end, the layouts are so fantastic and the resort is the star.
I don't know how you managed that. I'd be walking straight out onto a fairway if I was that close hahaha

1582056255785.png1582056272188.png

When you were talking about the course and weather I, like the amateur that I am, wondered what course you would be playing.... silly me this is THP you get to play both!

tough to be upset at conditions when you are playing golf at this resort with THPers and a brand spanking new driver!

Get Excited Gentlemen!

I don't know how you managed that. I'd be walking straight out onto a fairway if I was that close hahaha

Well, I kind of had some pressing things to take care of...:D

Anyone else find it amusing/ironic that @golfunfiltered is attending an event called Distance Bash or is it just me?:D

Back