1. Take a few more lessons
2. Get together with a few more THPers (either an event or just on a weekend trip)
3. Stay in single digits for HC and work to get it lower.
4. Have fun and enjoy the game and THP.

Not sure if I'll still be golfing in 2020, but my goal right now is to find a damn swing.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

1. Get more FIRs
2. Which will lead to more GIRs.
3. Which will lead to a lower handicap
4. Play Chambers Bay
5. Play in a THP event in WA or OR.
6. Join Albatross Club

After a disappointing 2019 season my team and I are going to take a step back and work together to come up with an aggressive and attainable goal for 2020. While we're not ready to reveal our plans for next year quite yet we're excited to share them when the time comes and can't wait to get back out there to compete. I appreciate everyone's support and look forward to a big 2020.

Kev

?

It’ll be hard for me to top 2019. I got my hc down from a 36 to 22. Got in an Event. Met some awesome people that showed me a new way to look at the game. Played a bunch of new courses that I wouldn’t have played otherwise.

My goals for 2020 are things that I have control over. Being a member here, I’m sure I’ll get to experience a whole lot of cool stuff that I can’t even begin to imagine.

Get my hc to the low teens
Play with more THPer’s
Play more new courses
Keep having fun

Wow! Is there a thread detailing your handicap reduction journey? I’d love to know how you did it.

After a couple of years of pretty minimal golf I’m ready to dive back in for 2020. My goals are as follows:

1. Get back to breaking 100 at least somewhat regularly.
2. Figure out how to hit a club longer than a hybrid again.
3. Learn to putt
4. Play in a THP event.
5. Numbers 1 through three will probably require this one...lessons.

Get more hip rotation in my downswing and better distance control when chipping.

1) play a couple times out of state.
2) hitbmy fitness goals
3) play more KCGA events
4) work on the driver

Keep having fun playing Golf
Meet more B100 folks
Strive for bogey golf
Improve my short game
Play new courses

Wow! Is there a thread detailing your handicap reduction journey? I’d love to know how you did it.

Unfortunately no. It wasn’t anything that was particularly hard. Change of attitude and tempering my expectations are what made the most difference. Try to play to what I do well and minimize dumb or lazy mistakes. Put the ball in play, go for the safe shot, etc.

My biggest hill to climb to hit my goal is my short game. I can put the ball closer to the hole from 150-200 than I can <100yds and from <50yds I’m horrible. Hoping to work on that some over the winter

1. Break 80 again -- it's been a long time.
2. Improve short game -- proximity to the hole chipping and on short pitches around the green is abysmal.
3. Increase GIR% -- it's around 23% over the last 2 1/2 yrs; in the last 7 weeks, it's at 37%. Let's shoot for over 40%.
4. If (2) and (3) go well, maybe the handicap can dip into single digits.
5. Play smarter. Every shot counts; play like it.
6. Celebrate like Carl Carmoni.

Work on my short game, especially chipping and bunker play this is where my game suffers the most. Play more. Getting ready to retire in 18 months!

Regain 10 mph of lost swing speed.
Get handicap low enough to play state mid am qualifier
Get handicap low enough to play US Mid Am qualifier (3.4)
Play 40 rounds of golf.

I may come up with more but those are off the top of my head.

My goals for 2020 would be

1. Stay healthy
2. Shoot under par (best this year was a 73)
2. Get my cap to sub 3.
3. HIO
4. Play more courses other than my home course.
5. Start tracking my game to see areas for improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Canadan had posted before, the cold is moving in and golf will be limited very soon. Our friends in Chicagoland just experienced the first snow of the season yesterday!

So I look back at this year and realize I had a bunch of fun, but didn't make a lot of progress. I've made a short list of goals to achieve in 2020 much in the same vein of
the pros that post theirs. Mine will be a bit different.

1. Break 90 (personal best is 94)
2. Play 9-holes without 3-putting
3. Play at least 4 outings
4. Golf with other THP'ers!
5. Do a better job at records keeping for personal improvement reasons
6. Get even more friends involved in golf
7. Have Fun!!!!!

Just one: suck less

;)

Meet more people and stop playing as a single...

Break 80 more ie fix whatever the hell happened to my short game. I went from being really good around the greens to having hands of stone.

There is some really good stuff here. Being new to the game so many of them seem like they would fit me and my game. I get to play a couple rounds a week so I’m happy with that. My handicap considering how new I am is actually ok with me, although I want to lower it.

So my big ones that will translate to better scores.

Learn to hit the driver.
Eliminate so many 3 putts.
Improve chipping game.
Golf with some THP members.

If I do these things I believe my breaking 90 will be a given.

Win the U.S. Open.

I may edit this a bit as I think about it more but for right now:

1) handicap < 6
2) fairway percentage >60%
3) average >1 birdie per round
4) tinker with my swing less
5) get a full bag fitting

Meet more people and stop playing as a single...
Agreed. I really don’t mind playing solo, but I would like to find some potential regular playing partners if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. I really don’t mind playing solo, but I would like to find some potential regular playing partners if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right now it is a survival instinct. Moved 1500 miles, joined the club behind my house in June and can honestly say I don’t have a single regular playing partner as a result.

Back