Get back to a + index but luckily the new handicap system will take care of that for me after the New Year even if I don’t record any new rounds. :ROFLMAO:

These apply to when playing at my home course primarily:

1. Fairways hit >70% (63% today)
2. GIR >60% (56% today)
3. Avg putts 4. Gain confidence with pitch/chip shots
5. Break par for 18 holes, have done it for 9 twice this year
6. Get my handicap to 4 or better (6 today)
7. Get fitted for a driver instead of the off the shelf model I bought on clearance this year
8. More of a hope than goal is to finally make a hole in one (been playing for 46 years and have been very close many times)
9. Lose 30 pounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Definitely this year try and arrest the rise in handicap. I started off at 12.0 but have crept up to 12.6 so playing off 13.

I got fitted for new irons, and the off season here in Scotland will be mainly trying to groove them in and get consistent carry distances through the bag.

In terms of technique, need to work on my ball striking with irons as well as squaring the face better with the driver, more fairways and greens is the ultimate goal.

Biggest goal though is not to spend hundreds and hundreds on new gear, although this may well not be achievable!

I've also just bought my first Albatross Membership, so looking forward to becoming more involved in here :)

My goals:
- settle on the swing methodology that works for me. A little too much experimentation over the last couple of years. I think I've settled on the Manual De Le Torre method which really had me playing some of my best golf the last half of this summer.
- stay healthy (had to work through some shoulder and elbow problems this past summer)
- get my handicap to a personal best (currently a 10.1....my previous best was a 9.8 two years ago)
- improve my short game, especially sand bunkers where my U&D is under 10%

Should be fun to look back upon this throughout the year and see the progress (or possibly lack thereof) of everyone.

Man, there are so many goals I would love to accomplish in 2020, but below are my top 5:

1. Fix my slice with the driver and gain confidence off the tee
2. Hit less 'fat' shots with the long irons
3. Beat my personal best on 18 (84)
4. Lower handicap to around a 15
5. Invest in a new driver & irons

I'm not sure I've ever really set golf goals. I'm not much of a goal-setter (read: I'm lazy). But this year, I really want to accomplish a couple of things and it will take some goal setting and hard work.

1. Break 80. Closest I've been is a handful of 82s.
2. HDCP below 9. Currently sitting at 10.8, which is my PB.
3. Average 240+ on drives for the year. That may seem low, but my current average is 230.

Right now it is a survival instinct. Moved 1500 miles, joined the club behind my house in June and can honestly say I don’t have a single regular playing partner as a result.
Oh man, that sucks.

2020 being my second full season:
  1. Break 100 on regular basis i.e play in the 90's
  2. Play as much as 2019 (~40 rounds)
  3. Play abroad at least once
  4. Have tons of fun playing

1. Play more. A lot more.
2. Get more active on THP
3. Get into a THP event.
4. Win a THP event and get my belt buckle.

What're your goals for you're golf game in 2020?

Mine?

Score - par for 18 holes (current best +4) and -3 for 9 holes (current best -2)

Fairways - 100% (current best 9/13)

GIR - 14 (current best 9/18)

Putts - 26 (current best 28, I think)

Handicap -> -5 (current best -8.3)

Last edited:
Maintain a handicap in the 3's or better from at least May - October* is my main goal. Have been there 4 times this year but it always crept back up into the 5's pretty quickly.

* I do not play as well when the temperatures drop below 70 degrees. That is the reason for the timeframe. It will likely be up to 6 or 7 by January and stay there until the heat returns. Just being real knowing my game and dislike of chilly or cold weather.

Now that my full swing is much better, it is time to get better at pitching and chipping around the green.

I struggle with distance control, usually coming up shorter than I like. I think I can shave 2 or 3 strokes a round off by leaving myself more makeable putts when I miss the green.

I’d like to Not change my swing too much every round ....

Improve consistency on irons

Improve driver hitting more fairways

Get to single index (currently 16.9)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merged this with another thread on the same topic

Merged this with another thread on the same topic

I didn't even see this... and I DID search. I was on the phone and it was late, though, so I wasn't willing to dig for it.

Goals for 2020:

Play better, smarter golf
Practice all winter
Get to low double digit cap, let's say 11
Win more than 1 event
Get into another THP event!
Play more rounds with my family and friends
Continue with my lessons

My goals are modest. I want to be a bogey golfer. So far I've only broke 90 a couple times. Most times I'm in the mid 90's. Sometimes upper 90's. Sometimes lower 90's. I feel like I'm really close. Just need to clean up a couple things that have given me trouble.

Another goal is find a way to make my longer irons and hybrids better. I don't know if its good or bad, but I changed my clubs to single length from 6 iron to pitching wedge. All are at 7 iron length because that was my most comfortable club. I've improved much with those irons but after that its an adventure. I have to wonder if playing those the same length messed up my longer game. Fairway woods feel like a lost cause. I cannot get any consistency with the contact. Hybrids are up and down too.

I might consider trying to lay up on the longer par 4's and use the 6 iron exclusively on my second shot. At 220-230 yards with the driver its hard to reach the par 4's that are over 400 yards. The courses I play on have quite a few between 400 and 440. I think a 170 yard shot putting me anywhere from 10 to 50 yards might be the better option. I'd stay away from the breakdown triple bogeys with that. Just have to take advantage of the par 5's and shorter par 4's.

One more goal is to play different courses. I'm going up to Northern Cali for Thanksgiving with relatives and there's a course there near Mount Shasta. I plan to play a couple rounds while I'm up there for a few days. Getting some fishing in too. Next year I want to drive a little more to try different courses around the central valley and central coast.

1. Break 100 consistently on a genuine 72 par course.
  2. Get the wife to enjoy golf more, (IE, play better)
  3. Hit my shots more consistently
  4. Make GIR mean something to me other than a sound a dog makes
  5. Limit my 3 putts
  6. Limit my 2 chips

My goals for 2020:

Stay healthy
Play More
Enjoy every moment
Make more Birdies
Would like to possibly travel and enjoy a special experience

I can update my goals. My goal of to travel and to enjoy a special experience will be realized in 2020 thanks to THP.

I have to wonder if playing those the same length messed up my longer game.

Hireko carries some dual length irons. The 4-6 are the same length and the 7-W are the same length.

Back