1. drive straight (or at least stay on the fairway) for 70% of my tee shots.

2. stop drawing my irons :/

3. stay under 100 consistently.

4. as said above, keep it fun.

I would like to shoot my age (78) next year. My real goal would be to just enjoy playing this great game.

No goals next year. Less stress, more fun.

Finally hit single digits. I'm an 11 at the moment having played from the front tees 90% of the time. All I have to do is move back 10 yards and play the same I'd be under 10. My son will move back one set for tournaments effective 4/1, so it will happen. It sounds like the change to the handicap system is probably going to put me there anyway, though that's not the way I wanted to get there.

A hole in one would also be nice as I don't have one. But that's not really something I can control.

My 2020 goals:
  • Get a full bag fitting and fill in gaps where necessary
  • Get to scratch
  • Play more state events
  • Play new courses more frequently
I'm already excited for next year now that my outdoor golf is pretty much over. My PGA pro is coming back to my home course as the Head Professional, I'm joining an indoor simulator league to keep the swing tight, and a Club Champion just opened not far from home so I can get my set tweaked for maximum efficiency.

I have not played much the past 18 mos, maybe 15 to 20 rounds. I want to triple that in 2020 if things go well.

Break 80. That’s it. I will do it.

Morning All,

Spent some time thinking about where I want to be golf wise by the end of 2020 and started my list of golf goals. Does anyone have any interesting goals set out for themselves? here's where I'm at currently:

• Get Handicap Index to <12 [19' -- 16.2]
  • Play 50+ Rounds (900+ holes) [19' -- 33]
  • Finish top 50 in my MGA [NA]
  • finish a 9 @ par
  • Driving accuracy >50% [19' -- 36.9%]
  • Double boggy + per round <1.0 [19' -- 2.5 :eek::poop:?]
Happy Holidays!

get the handicap below 3. had it in the mid 4s to start the year then things went off the rails and i will be ending just under 7. i plan to seek out an instructor. i saw a guy last year but as the series went on i lost confidence in him.

Had shoulder surgery on August 26th

I just look forward to pain free golf in 2020 ?

Make more putts !

- Play more. Probably managed no more than 10 or so full rounds this year, hoping to at least double that in the next 12 months.
- Find some consistency off the tee. This has been a nightmare for scoring as I've not had any success with anything longer than a 4i all year.
- Get handicap to 15. This will all come down to making progress with the previous point. Currently at 21 but that should start to drop significantly with better driving.

Crush my opponents, drive them before me, and hear the lamentation of there women.

Barring that, shoot mid-80's a bunch.

My goal for next year is to not hit a single hosel. Thats it...I don't care about hdcp or scores. That evil hosel caused me to lose confidence and also sucked a little fun out of the game for me and that is just not acceptable.

Golf was played quite a bit until about September when I just didn't have time to play due to work. Lost the passion to Golf for a little bit then when I did get back out it was just ugly and not fun due to horrible play.

I'm going to try and get out 3-4 times a month and I think that'd be enough for me to enjoy it without playing TOO much.

For next year I have a few

- Keep the handicap in single figures (currently 9.2)
- Make the individual final event for the league and hopefully improve on the final position I made this year, and hopefully have the team make the final as well (team didn't make it this year, I qualified as highest scorer but only finished 11th overall)
- Win a trophy in one of my home club tournaments

- Play more. Probably managed no more than 10 or so full rounds this year, hoping to at least double that in the next 12 months.
- Find some consistency off the tee. This has been a nightmare for scoring as I've not had any success with anything longer than a 4i all year.
- Get handicap to 15. This will all come down to making progress with the previous point. Currently at 21 but that should start to drop significantly with better driving.

We will have to try and get together for a round somewhere in the middle between us

Crush my opponents, drive them before me, and hear the lamentation of there women.

Barring that, shoot mid-80's a bunch.

As long as you gel with your instructor, there is no reason why you can't shoot lower scores after lessons Hammy (y)

My goal for next year is to not hit a single hosel. Thats it...I don't care about hdcp or scores. That evil hosel caused me to lose confidence and also sucked a little fun out of the game for me and that is just not acceptable.
nothing more mentally draining than the hosel rockets. took me weeks to shake it with my wedges.

nothing more mentally draining than the hosel rockets. took me weeks to shake it with my wedges.
I’m going on a year and a half with ALL my irons ? intermittently

I’m going on a year and a half with ALL my irons ?
set them on fire and start new! i'm sure there has to be some sort of ceremony that can be performed.

I’d like to break 80 next year. That it’s even possible is amazing though, as I never thought I could get to just playing bogey golf

I’d also like to keep enjoying myself no matter how bad I play. Ive found that the better I get, the more upset I get when I don’t play well. Just keep reminding myself that even my worst round now is still miles better than where I was just a short time ago and have fun and not take it too seriously

Back