2020 Hurricane Season

Duffer Waldorf

[this space available]
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 GHIN
Today is the traditional start of the season, but we've already had 2 May storms in both the Atlantic and E. Pacific basins.

The more recent EPac storm has now reorganized into the Atlantic basin's Tropical Depression Three in the Bay of Campeche this afternoon:

1591057850998.png

Last edited:
Stay away from N.C.!

Well after flooding in tropical storm Imelda I'm hoping for a slow one in Southeast Texas. We're on vacation in Indiana but may cut it short depending on what TD3 does here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Let those suckers keep passing by Florida.

TS Cristobal made landfall in Mexico yesterday, with an extended stay through today, as well.

Next stop: Louisiana, late Sun/early Mon, with some strong effects felt well away from the center due to a large wind field. Wind shear and dry air are expected to keep the max winds below hurricane-force.

1591287200253.png

At least it's expected to hit on Sunday and we can still play in Houston this Saturday (y)

Headed to RockPort soon ... hope it stays away. Last September I made into Beaumont hours before they closed I-10.

This is the only type of hurricane we see here. So y'all be safe.
1591305637346.png

Tropical Storm Warnings are now up from Morgan City, LA, to Destin, FL, including areas well inland from the coast in LA and MS.

Storm surge warnings, as well, from Grand Isle, LA, to Ocean Springs, MS, and the FL Big Bend. I'm surprised Lake Pontchartrain is excluded, so far, given the forecast track.

Headed to RockPort soon ... hope it stays away. Last September I made into Beaumont hours before they closed I-10.
I live in Beaumont it wasn't fun.

C’’mon man I make a living from these! I’m a roofing contractor! 😂
Well if that’s the case...keep those suckers down there. 😂😂😂

With as jacked up as 2020 has been, it figures that the SE would have to be sweating out a major storm this early in the season.

The current minimum pressure is already 3-4 mbs lower than what some of the latest model runs had for landfalling pressure. Let's see if the winds catch up.

I live in Beaumont it wasn't fun.

I am from Beaumont, and still have family there! All the best!

We're approaching 3" of rain here today now (rain gauge missed the first ~2.5" before suddenly deciding to record it), and the strongest band of the day is coming through now.

With no winds over 20 mph, we had a mid-size pine tree snapped in two. :unsure:

Last edited:
We're pproaching 3" of rain here today now (rain gauge missed the first ~2.5" before suddenly deciding to record it), and the strongest band of the day is coming through now.

With no winds over 20 mph, we had a mid-size pine tree snapped in two. :unsure:

We had some heavy rain, and then the steady light rain over the last 24hrs. Central FL also had three tornadoes hit, luckily not much damage. Can’t say we didn’t need the rain but like... maybe just the afternoon portions of it please!

Getting interesting in the Atlantic all of a sudden...

Hanna spun up nicely...

Looks like Isaias will be named with then next 24 hours. Not looking to become hurricane status as of now, but thats about 4 days away so obviously can change.

Getting busy busy soon

Looks like Isaias will be named with then next 24 hours. Not looking to become hurricane status as of now, but thats about 4 days away so obviously can change.

Getting busy busy soon

Honestly not a surprise. June and July are the “dip your toes into it” part of the season. Hell breaks loose August and September.

Honestly not a surprise. June and July are the “dip your toes into it” part of the season. Hell breaks loose August and September.

yep... just getting ready for it up here. Going to start buying my batteries, getting my lanterns/flashlights together and portable chargers/power banks charged up.

I know sept 11 or around there is the official peak but last few years it does seem august has been more interesting

Jeez give FL a bit of a break.. covid in full bloom hopefully it’s a light hurricane season.

The most recent discussion I've seen suggests that Isaias may track more to the west and get into the eastern part of the Gulf.

Yep. still really far out, but GFS has it moving slowwwwwwww once it gets around the miami area.

Back