2020 Hurricane Season

There is so much complacency around here, there are going to be a lot of people surprised in a few hours.

There is so much complacency around here, there are going to be a lot of people surprised in a few hours.
Around here too. Of course this is the 7th time this year we've had one coming right for us. The first 6 were false alarms, so people get complacent. We've got plenty food, water and gas for the generator. Ready to roll!

@EnglishTurn and @j_sizzle9 should be getting the worst of it in their areas now.

Rain is picking up here now; another hour or so till the peak winds.

Harrah's New Orleans is still dealing, though, according to local media.

@EnglishTurn and @j_sizzle9 should be getting the worst of it in their areas now.

Rain is picking up here now; another hour or so till the peak winds.

Harrah's New Orleans is still dealing, though, according to local media.
At least it’s moving fast.

Be safe.

The center of the storm is currently across the canal from TPC Louisiana.

tpc.png

Gusty, so far, but sustained winds are not as strong as I expected in what's left of the northern eyewall now. Pressure is down to 981 mb and still dropping (storm min pressure is 972 mb).

Backside winds with no rain have apparently packed a good punch; we'll see.

Power went out 15 secs after the last post. Mobile data is really slow now...

Wind is whipping now!

All good here. Rain is done, wind is down, no obvious damage. Given the reports out of Slidell, I thought it'd be worse here than it was.

All good here. Rain is done, wind is down, no obvious damage. Given the reports out of Slidell, I thought it'd be worse here than it was.
Glad to hear it.

Rain started here in NC yesterday. It’s really pouring right now. Windy but not gusting yet. We are expecting heavy rain all day and winds to increase as we go along. It is miserably dreary here today.

Got the generator running after having to jump start it with the truck, hooked up the garage fridge and the freezer, and as soon as I started to pull out the main fridge to get to the cord, the power came back on. :)

This beast in the WPac made landfall in the Philippines today.

Checking in! Still no power for me since Wednesday at ab 6pm, on the positive at least a cold front followed the storm so weather is perfect!

I actually snuck out this am and played some golf. Smooth 81 with an Eagle and 3 doubles!

Charging phone in car and visiting relatives who have power.

Nicaragua's turn - 130 mph sustained winds, with forecasts of 150 mph in the next 12 hrs:

The remnants are forecast to reemerge into the Caribbean later on Thursday, with some hints at additional development in the Gulf afterwards.

Nicarauga's turn, again. Iota is up to 155 mph sustained. The strengthening over the last 12 hrs has been insane -- from 100 mph and 964 mb at 7 pm ET yesterday to 155 mph and 925 mb at 7 am ET today.

Nicarauga's turn, again. Iota is up to 155 mph sustained. The strengthening over the last 12 hrs has been insane -- from 100 mph and 964 mb at 7 pm ET yesterday to 155 mph and 925 mb at 7 am ET today.

That is crazy...

Hurricane season needs to be over!!!

Never a good thing going to bed as a cat 2, now pushing near cat 5.

160 mph, bottomed out at 917 mb earlier this morning.

1605570645249.png

Oh man....prayers for Central America

Back