Tour Event 2020 Masters Contest and Thread

wristcock

Reaction score
my usual excitement-filled Sunday at the Masters turned into a snooze thanks to DJ being absolutely bulletproof....

Bernoulli

Enjoy every sandwich
Albatross 2020 Club Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I didn’t get to see as much live coverage as I might have liked but I really enjoyed this masters. I’ve got two rounds on tape and I’ll watch them back tonight and tomorrow. My favorite part (aside for the golf) was the additional sight lines you could see of the grounds without the patrons. I missed having them but it wasn’t all bad.
Also, the absence of patron observation stands really opened up the course for viewers. And CBS showed a good number of overhead shots of the course and grounds which was different.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Finally watched the post round interview and I loved it. We talk about how this guy just goes about his business on the course no matter what is happening. But you can see just how much this means to him. It was anything but a "yeah Im happy to win" statement we expect from DJ.

annsguy

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I find Amanda unnecessary to the CBS team. She seems like a nice person but I’m unsure to what she adds to the coverage. There

Canadan

You Are Great
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I find it pretty damn remarkable that DJ can hold himself together the way he does on a golf course mentally. The golfers who show low emotion have something I sure as hell don't know how to possess hahaha, and there are definitely a few of them out there.

To see him show that the other side of it isn't THAT far away is a great chapter to explore... because it sort of buries the claims that he just doesn't care.

RealPretendPsychic

Team THP Grandaddy 2020(1) - Trust The Process
Reaction score
Handicap
I find it pretty damn remarkable that DJ can hold himself together the way he does on a golf course mentally. The golfers who show low emotion have something I sure as hell don't know how to possess hahaha, and there are definitely a few of them out there.

To see him show that the other side of it isn't THAT far away is a great chapter to explore... because it sort of buries the claims that he just doesn't care.
I thought he had a few deep exhales on the course and backed off a couple putts. The post-round interviews should put the not caring comments to bed. DJ will never be my favorite player for reasons unrelated to golf, but it sure is spectacular watching him play!

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

Canadan

You Are Great
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I thought he had a few deep exhales on the course and backed off a couple putts. The post-round interviews should put the not caring comments to bed. DJ will never be my favorite player for reasons unrelated to golf, but it sure is spectacular watching him play!
He's awesome, come on man!!!!!

I liked that he openly said he had nerves through the whole day.

M2Giles

Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
it was a disgrace that CBS did not show all 10 of Tiger's shots on the 12th -- it will go down in Masters folklore
All of them will live on masters.com

All of them.

RealPretendPsychic

Reaction score
Handicap
He's awesome, come on man!!!!!

I liked that he openly said he had nerves through the whole day.
I don’t even think Austin made it off the green before he got some dust in his eyes. Not sure how he kept it together the whole round. I like to think DJ just acts like he’s been there before. Or does the exact opposite of Koepka and Bryson’s self-flattery.

Canadan

You Are Great
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I don’t even think Austin made it off the green before he got some dust in his eyes. Not sure how he kept it together the whole round. I like to think DJ just acts like he’s been there before. Or does the exact opposite of Koepka and Bryson’s self-flattery.
haha, I don't think Austin made it off the 18th tee before he got dust in his eyes.

RealPretendPsychic

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking back at the two fall majors of 2020, we’ve been treated to a great display of golf by the leaders in the final round. It may not be the most exciting finish, but Bryson and DJ flat out executed on Sunday.

Rummpd

Reaction score
Handicap
Next year going to be epic - DJ DT Rahm DB and all these young guns coming on. Maybe even a Woods resurgence again. I think Wolff who fell off here gets a major next year.

Canadan

You Are Great
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Looking back at the two fall majors of 2020, we’ve been treated to a great display of golf by the leaders in the final round. It may not be the most exciting finish, but Bryson and DJ flat out executed on Sunday.
Dustin chasing history today was pretty damn exciting for anyone who doesn't hate him :ROFLMAO:

golfinnut

Guess I'm Still With Titleist??
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
Why all the hate for the guy is beyond me?? I think he's got everything .... an awesome game, a hot soon to be wife, $$$, etc. I just don't get it.

We will see him with more green jackets in the coming years as long as he keeps his head & emotions in check

JMB3

2019 Grandaddy
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Very happy for DJ. Helps validate an already impressive career. When DJ is hitting on all cylinders like that, he’s close to unbeatable.

Bryndom

2020 Titleist Vokey Experience Participant
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock

My favorite quote from the post round interviews was when Austin was getting emotional and DJ said he told him to pull it together because he still had to finish out 😂

Bryndom

2020 Titleist Vokey Experience Participant
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
My favorite quote from the post round interviews was when Austin was getting emotional and DJ said he told him to pull it together because he still had to finish out 😂
he only had to four putt from inside six feet

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.3
Huge win for DJ. He dominated. A true champion and well deserved win.

Reaction score
Handicap
Impressive to say the least. DJ showed fantastic poise and played his @$$ off.

Good on TW for finishing in style and not shying away from the question about 12 in the postgame.

DataDude

Reaction score
Handicap
Finally watched the post round interview and I loved it. We talk about how this guy just goes about his business on the course no matter what is happening. But you can see just how much this means to him. It was anything but a "yeah Im happy to win" statement we expect from DJ.
I think he keeps things bottled up. I would be nervous talking to people too if I knew everyone thought I was kind of stupid. Today it just overflowed and I thought it was awesome. He has really handled himself well this year and definitely took the high road when Koepka took a shot at him. That one probably even hurt his feelings a bit honestly.

Last edited:

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in