Tour Event 2020 Mayakoba Golf Classic

Hovland has climbed up nicely...

Finau had some tough holes where he got himself in trouble but that ace was awesome

He didn’t play well on the back 9.

I haven't had a chance to watch any of this, but just turned on round 3 about 15 minutes ago. HOLY scoring conditions. I haven't looked or read anything about today, but I'm expecting scores to seriously move. I'm salivating just watching it.

Well scores didn't quite go like I thought they would, and Finau looks like his alignment and transition are falling apart towards the end here. Results are almost like he's crowded by the ball. It's odd. The last couple wedges were horrible.

I'll go back and read the comments now, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's action. I might get to watch some live if the wife doesn't want to play.

Last edited:
Finau has incredible talent but just seems like he fights with something - agree he did not look to be swinging good last part of round and he missed a key putt when he failed to birdie a short par 5 after a bomb. How about Steve Stricker? Got to play once with him at Cherokee CC in Madison, WI and the "old man" (one of the nicest persons around) is bringing it!

The Puerto Rico curse is trembling right now as past champions Hovland and Finau are at the top of the leaderboard 🔥

Hovland is extremely deliberate on the green. I was surprised that Justin Leonard brought it up and discussed it.

Leaderboard very crowded near top. 11 players within 2 shots on back nine. Hovland and Wise tied at -17.

LOVE THIS KIND OF TOURNAMENT WHERE THERE WILL BE A DOWN TO TTHE WIRE FINISH

Hovland with another Birdie

What kind of putter is that Aaron Wise is using?

The greens are slow, Hovland is slower.

Birdie at the last for the WIN !

Congrats to Victor - great win for him on the tour against a solid lineup. This will give him some confidence going forward for sure!

So the Puerto Rico Open curse is broken!

Not for Tony Finau :oops:
But now that it’s broken, he’s free to go win. He just didn’t want to be the one to break it 😂 or he can just go win that tournament again like Michael Bradley did lol

Not quite through it all, but I have a hard time watching Grillo. Has his body language and attitude always looked/sounded like this?

Good tourney and course looked nice.

Back