2020 Morgan Cuppers

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.5
You 2020 Morgan Cuppers have now had your equipment for most of a golf season. As we come in to the end of the year, anticipating new Cobra offerings:

1. What has been your favorite piece of Cobra equipment?

2. What would you order differently, if you were putting together a Morgan Cup bag today?

You 2020 Morgan Cuppers have now had your equipment for most of a golf season. As we come in to the end of the year, anticipating new Cobra offerings:

2. What would you order differently, if you were putting together a Morgan Cup bag today?
1. I really like them all but the SZ driver has been money for me.

2. Honest to goodness nothing.

Ask me this question in the very near future and it would change.

1. I love the driver, but honestly the 58* has been a favorite of mine for sure. It’s great from bunkers, chipping, touch/feel shots etc. Everything you could want IMO.

2. Rather than a 3W, I think I might consider going with strong Hybrid followed by a Utility iron.

The hybrid was a sleeper club in my bag for sure.

Would I have ordered anything differently? :unsure: I don't think so honestly. I do think I "might" have given up some yardage by going with the Xtreme but I have no hard numbers to prove that and I'll take the straighter ball flight all day. Oooh maybe I would have not gotten the set GW, though it did grow on me as the year went on

The hybrid was a sleeper club in my bag for sure.

Would I have ordered anything differently? :unsure: I don't think so honestly. I do think I "might" have given up some yardage by going with the Xtreme but I have no hard numbers to prove that and I'll take the straighter ball flight all day. Oooh maybe I would have not gotten the set GW, though it did grow on me as the year went on
Did you finally get the gw to gap in? If so, what did you do to make that happen?

Did you finally get the gw to gap in? If so, what did you do to make that happen?
LOL no. I just accepted it for what it was and used it accordingly.

Also the more I think about the order change I think I would have foregone the Big Tour Fwy in favor of the Tour version.

I love my set. My favorite thing is the One Length Forged Tec followed closely by the Big Tour 3W. The only thing I would change is leave out the One Length hybrids. I replaced the 4h with a OL FT 4i and will likely replace the OL 3h with either a tour 5w or standard length 2h (recommended by Jose at Cobra after playing with me). I am currently playing an epic forged 4i in that spot.

forged tec irons have just been enlightening this year even though i've only had a few months with them.

I'd probably dive in with one length irons. change a couple wedge grinds. endlessly ponder various long-club set ups which is still ongoing.

Ohh good questions.

1. I mean the whole bag has been a great upgrade for me. I think the biggest difference makers are the OL FT irons. The FT are great and the OL has been a game changer for me.
2. If i was going to make one change I'd probably try do do a combo set of irons. I think i'd love to have 4i-6i in the OL SZ irons and 7i-PW FT irons.

The FT are great but I'm starting to believe you should take every bit of technology and forgiveness you can get in the longer irons/clubs.

I'll gladly respond. Although circumstances dictated that I could not participate in the golf portion of the MC, I still received a full bag of Cobra clubs. I was able to play the Cobra equipment all year.

My favorites were the Speedzone Fairway Woods. Easy to launch, forgiving and long. The 5W at 18.5 was the star of them all.
If I were putting together my MC bag today, I think I would seriously consider OL for my irons.

I love the Forged Tec irons. They have been really good for me through out the year. I didn't see a ton of distance increase with them but they were bent weak. I love how if you don't hit them perfect the still go straight and long.

I think I would have tried to incorporate a hybrid in the top of the bag instead of the 5 wood.

Didn't get to compete but got some of the spoils so I'll give you my deets.

1- Woods- the 3 and 5w have made it so I don't fear pulling them out of the bag anymore.

2- I would have tried the FT irons in OL. The SZ OL are great don't get me wrong, but I would have tried the FT instead this year given all of the feedback I've read.

There are more OL sets than I thought there were among the participants. I've had the OL FTB for 2 years now and am really happy with them. When I got fit I was just starting to develop some issues with my swing, hopefully those are gone for good but I'd be curious if They'd still fit me into the same shafts. When I got them I thought for sure I won't need new irons for a long time now that I've been fit but then the 2020 FT came out and they look so purdy, then JB hints at him playing some unknown OL this coming year and so now that siren song is starting to be heard. Anyway, GO team OL.

The favorites in my bag are I think tied between the MIM wedges and the 3 wood, although I think MIM wedges might win by just a hair. The feel from the MIM wedges have really helped me improve my greenside chipping for sure. Both spots though have just been phenomenal for me. Hybrids are right up there too as they are easy to hit, they were a big surprise for me as I didn't get along well with Hybrids before the Speedzones.

Change I would make is to remove GW and add in another MIM wedge. I have been heavily pondering adding another MIM to the bag in the next few weeks. GW just does fit all too well between PW and my 52.

Favorite pieces are the Speedzone irons (with Nippon shafts).

I wanted to give graphite shafts a shot, so I got Catalysts in the Speedzones for the MC. They've been consistently shorter than the ones with Nippons, and maybe not as accurate (though, I haven't looked at that data recently, so I may be wrong). In retrospect, I should have gone Forged Tecs or One Length Speedzones for the fun of it.

The favorites in my bag are I think tied between the MIM wedges and the 3 wood, although I think MIM wedges might win by just a hair. The feel from the MIM wedges have really helped me improve my greenside chipping for sure. Both spots though have just been phenomenal for me. Hybrids are right up there too as they are easy to hit, they were a big surprise for me as I didn't get along well with Hybrids before the Speedzones.

Change I would make is to remove GW and add in another MIM wedge. I have been heavily pondering adding another MIM to the bag in the next few weeks. GW just does fit all too well between PW and my 52.

Happy to see the wedges getting love. I honestly didn't know much about them prior to my 2019 Morgan Cup experience, but they were the absolutely the biggest upgrade to my bag performance-wise. Cobra makes some GREAT wedges!

Back