2020 NASCAR Thread

There has to be more to the story. Nobody recognized a pull down? The FBI had to get involved and even used the word noose in their report?

If it truly is that simple, then you know, kudos for someone recognizing that hey, this may not be right. It did seem to get blown out of proportion looking back, but maybe its better to recognize that people are being aware and culturally sensitive to others.
I've seen the supposed pictures of it, seen others that just show a simple rope with no knot, lot of stuff out there being passed around by media and memers

fwiw Bubba was interviewed and was asked if that knot (or others like it which require a bit of time and patience to properly tie) is a common sight - he said no

(as an aside, an actual noose knot is very different from a hangman's noose, with the former being a base for a canadian jam knot or arbor knot)

Awful. The FBI comes in, determines it has been there for months.

The entire over reaction before facts because as long as it fits an agenda, the media runs with it.
That is how it works nowadays!
The media and journalism doesn't care about being correct any more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That is how it works nowadays!
The media and journalism doesn't care about being correct any more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

And unfortunately Bubba Wallace has been thrust into the middle of it, and getting a lot of flak, for something he had nothing to do with and no control over.

aa46ce7b1d754e3de4bbe48b81851b11.jpg

Apparently a crew member noticed it, reported it to the team who reported it to NASCAR.

There are photos coming out now that show it there back to at least 2016. There are other photos that show similar loops on other garage doors at the track, not just stall 4.

In this age and day of transparency, what I find odd is that no picture of the "noose" has been released or any comments that it compares to the other knots that are on other garage doors used as pull handles.

Guess these Nascar guys have always had automatic garage doors, that or they have never used a storage unit. I think a lot of people jump to a conclusion without really thinking it through though.

In this age and day of transparency, what I find odd is that no picture of the "noose" has been released or any comments that it compares to the other knots that are on other garage doors used as pull handles.
I'm not sure I'd expect to ever see or hear more from them, given the tone of this transcript a few days ago, with the virtue-signalling and presumptions of guilt (from the suits and the press) and no thought given to the possibility of an alternate outcome.

Jimmie Johnson “got IT” was announced today.
He is out for at least 2 weeks. What does this say for the rest of the Hendrick organization?

Jimmie Johnson “got IT” was announced today.
He is out for at least 2 weeks. What does this say for the rest of the Hendrick organization?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a false positive. He "tested positive" but followed up with 2 negative tests 4 days later. I believe false positives have been messing with the real numbers, but that is speculation -- I am not a doctor nor a researcher.

In better news, Cup Series race at Kentucky right now! The Kentucky race is a race I go to almost every year so I'm bummed to not be there this time around.

Back