2020 NASCAR Thread

I had Logano to win in draftkings. Damn you Elliott.

I had Logano to win in draftkings. Damn you Elliott.
Definitely a tough break for Logano at the end, and Chase certainly wrecked him. But I can’t say Sliced Bread didnt have some karma coming. He did that same thing Chase did when he wrecked Kenseth, and then Kenseth went full enforcer.

Joey was squeezing Chase hard, and push him down the turn before. If he game him a bit more room, then maybe he could have fought for the pass. Instead he pushed Chase down, Chase sent it, and it didn’t stick. I am definitely not blaming Logano, he did nothing wrong. But he raced hard, and then a hard racing incident happened.

I really like Chase a bunch. That kid is really talented. I am happy to see him being given some quality cars the last few weeks.

June Schedule:

nascar.PNG

More racing this Sunday, 3:30pm Homestead Miami Speedway. Should be another really hot race. The heat has played a big factor these last few races.

More racing this Sunday, 3:30pm Homestead Miami Speedway. Should be another really hot race. The heat has played a big factor these last few races.

I candidly haven’t followed NASCAR much the last couple years, but am enjoying it this year. I can’t remember another time when the heat affected drivers like we’ve seen the last couple races.

watching Bubba pass out on live tv last week was scary.

I have lost interest in NASCAR and it appears that the NFL is next. I will do the same with College Football too if they start kneeling.:nono:

Really enjoyed the Xfinity race today. Trucks tonight then cup and xfinity tomorrow. This stretch getting back from the break has been an intense schedule culminating in what might be the most grueling 7 day period ever in NASCAR.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I candidly haven’t followed NASCAR much the last couple years, but am enjoying it this year. I can’t remember another time when the heat affected drivers like we’ve seen the last couple races.

watching Bubba pass out on live tv last week was scary.

The racing is quite good this year. The next generation car model was suppose to debut next year making the racing even more competitive but that has been postponed to 2022 due to COVID.

I have lost interest in NASCAR and it appears that the NFL is next. I will do the same with College Football too if they start kneeling.:nono:

How come? What has NASCAR done wrong?

Really enjoyed the Xfinity race today. Trucks tonight then cup and xfinity tomorrow. This stretch getting back from the break has been an intense schedule culminating in what might be the most grueling 7 day period ever in NASCAR.

The Xfinity races are always fun. It seems like the grueling schedule is difficult on the drivers. When they are racing in 90+ degree weather, in a 10-15lb thick fire suit and in a car with tons of heat, little airflow and fumes, it's probably more like 130-140 degrees in there.

I’m looking forward to the race tomorrow. It was awesome watching Martinsville under the lights and then a few days later we get Homestead in some blistering heat. I have really enjoyed the shorted schedule lately with two races per week.

Also, anyone else notice that Kevin Harvick has some fairly prominent EZGO sponsorship placements? It has been really noticeable on the in-car shots. I wish golf took a cue from NASCAR with respect to sponsorship plugging in post-round interviews.

I used to be a huge NASCAR fan in the 90’s, 2000, 2010’s.
Losing big name drivers to retirement and losing the rivalries was a big factor in me losing interest. All the drivers became cookie cutter. I rather see some Harry Gant “Whew this ol gal ran a heck of a race, I tore it up going into 3, but I stood on the gas and when Darell tried to pass me I put him in the fence”
Now a days that would put the driver on probation have a media circus around him and he would have to apologize. COME ON THIS IS RACING NOT BALLET
I was a Bill Elliott fan. Met he and his family several times. Old school racer. Great driver. Made up 2 laps under green at Talladega to win the race with that Tbird.
Anybody know why this number means
Let me know

Losing big name drivers to retirement and losing the rivalries was a big factor in me losing interest. All the drivers became cookie cutter. I rather see some Harry Gant “Whew this ol gal ran a heck of a race, I tore it up going into 3, but I stood on the gas and when Darell tried to pass me I put him in the fence”
Now a days that would put the driver on probation have a media circus around him and he would have to apologize. COME ON THIS IS RACING NOT BALLET
I was a Bill Elliott fan. Met he and his family several times. Old school racer. Great driver. Made up 2 laps under green at Talladega to win the race with that Tbird.
Let me know
That is the Dega speed record set by Awesome Bill from Dawsonville. I think it was in 1987. My family followed Elliott his entire career. They put his 87 Tbird and Dale's 87 Monte Carlo in iRacing and they are a blast to drive!

I'll admit that I used to be a huge NASCAR fan but havent watched in years. Being that F1 isnt back yet, neither is Formula-E or Indycar, I find myself watching NASCAR again and nothing will make you feel your age than to tune back in and see almost everyone retired, Jimmy Johnson with a gray beard and the sons of many drivers whom I remember being prominant figures. LOL
Im still trying to get used to the new format with the segements and I dont know that I love it but I get why they do it. In the old days, people would just ride around for 3/4 of the race, get in a good positon to make a move for the last 50 laps and the segments kind of eliminate that because it bunches everyone up.

Let me know
I know what it means. I believe it still is the fastest qualifying time at Talladega. My parents were big Bill Elliott fans when I was a kid. Id really like to cheer for Chase Elliott but he drives a Chevy. LOL (my parents are Ford people)
I guess know I need to figure out whom I do like. I do like the Wood Brothers.

I know what it means. I believe it still is the fastest qualifying time at Talladega. My parents were big Bill Elliott fans when I was a kid. Id really like to cheer for Chase Elliott but he drives a Chevy. LOL (my parents are Ford people)
I guess know I need to figure out whom I do like. I do like the Wood Brothers.
The Wood Brothers car is aligned with Team Penske and is currently driven by Matt DiBenedetto. He's ascended the ranks, doing time with lesser teams, and continues to show he's a solid driver and is currently 13th in points. Best driver they had in that car recently was YRB (Ryan Blaney) who got a win at Pocono but has moved up to the #12, a recently added Penske team (and by recent, I think its been 3-4 years now).

The Wood Brothers car is aligned with Team Penske and is currently driven by Matt DiBenedetto. He's ascended the ranks, doing time with lesser teams, and continues to show he's a solid driver and is currently 13th in points. Best driver they had in that car recently was YRB (Ryan Blaney) who got a win at Pocono but has moved up to the #12, a recently added Penske team (and by recent, I think its been 3-4 years now).

Thats cool. I remember back in the old days when the Wood Brothers were kind of an outsider team who didnt have the funds that others did but were able to compete because they were just such smart guys.
I remember when they kind of partnered with Roush.
Hey, as long as its a Ford or a Toyota, Im cool. No Chevys.

we still have to deal with this garbage :facepalm:

FBI determines noose has been there since October 2019, as a pull rope for a garage door. Several other doors have the same type of pull rope.

On Monday, fifteen FBI special agents conducted numerous interviews regarding the situation at Talladega Superspeedway. After a thorough review of the facts and evidence surrounding this event, we have concluded that no federal crime was committed.

The FBI learned that garage number 4, where the noose was found, was assigned to Bubba Wallace last week. The investigation also revealed evidence, including authentic video confirmed by NASCAR, that the noose found in garage number 4 was in that garage as early as October 2019. Although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week.

The "noose" [sic] turned out to be a garage door pull handle.

NASCAR ruined a few weeks of goodwill in 2 days.

All for show :poop:

The "noose" [sic] turned out to be a garage door pull handle.

NASCAR ruined a few weeks of goodwill in 2 days.
bizarre story all around. although i do question the need for a hangmans noose or uni knot or loop knot or other similar looking knots on a simple pull rope 🤷

Uhhh theres a turn of events. How does this happen?

There has to be more to the story. Nobody recognized a pull down? The FBI had to get involved and even used the word noose in their report?

If it truly is that simple, then you know, kudos for someone recognizing that hey, this may not be right. It did seem to get blown out of proportion looking back, but maybe its better to recognize that people are being aware and culturally sensitive to others.

So another over reaction story reported so that someone could get in on it first. Report first....check facts later. New day we live in.

Awful. The FBI comes in, determines it has been there for months.

The entire over reaction before facts because as long as it fits an agenda, the media runs with it.

Back