2020 NASCAR Thread

Pr3cision

Reaction score
For all things NASCAR 2020!

NASCAR.png

Back to racing on May 17th at Darlington! TV ratings should be quite good with the condensed schedule and the lack of other sports being available currently.

Current (Revised) May Schedule:
Sunday May 17th - Darlington - 3:30pm ET on FOX
Wednesday May 20th - Darlington - 7:30pm ET on FS1
Sunday May 24th - Charlotte - 6:00pm ET on FOX
Wednesday May 27 - Charlotte - 8:00pm ET on FOX

No race dates and times have been announced after May 27th. Although the full 36 races are intended to be had. Likely with a condensed schedule similar to May's.

No race fans? :cry:

No race fans? :cry:
Huge racing fan here. There's an auto racing thread here that gets the job done for all the sport.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chase Elliott got screwed last night. BAD CALL by Gustafson - should not have come in for tires. You stay out when in the lead and only a few to go.
Bad call

Chase Elliott got screwed last night. BAD CALL by Gustafson - should not have come in for tires. You stay out when in the lead and only a few to go.
Bad call
I'll play the other side, which is what Gustafson did and you go on offense and pit and bring down as many as you can. If you stay out, you are banking on at least a handful of other cars staying out too, and that's not something you can control. As it were, Chase made up like 8 positions? You see what the guys who stayed out did? Only Kes, Blaney, and (for the time) JJ maintained anywhere close to their positions. Get the best car on fresh tires and eat up what you can. They made the right call, just had too many cars go opposite of the leader and stay out.

Bad call

I agree, not great on Gustafson's part especially considering he had the best car at the end there. Chase Elliott is the driver who I root for and quite frankly he seems to have the worst luck. The other day Kyle Busch spun him when he was slicing through the field and was obviously going to win. Not to mention he has lost 3-4 races on late race restarts (I saw 2 of these in person) through the last few years and Denny Hamlin turned him 2 years ago with just a few laps left at Martinsville for Chase to advance to the championship race.

I'll play the other side, which is what Gustafson did and you go on offense and pit and bring down as many as you can. If you stay out, you are banking on at least a handful of other cars staying out too, and that's not something you can control. As it were, Chase made up like 8 positions? You see what the guys who stayed out did? Only Kes, Blaney, and (for the time) JJ maintained anywhere close to their positions. Get the best car on fresh tires and eat up what you can. They made the right call, just had too many cars go opposite of the leader and stay out.

Whatever Chase did most of the field was going to do the opposite. If he would have stayed out, the rest of the field would have came to pit road for tires. I will say though, with a car like that, I want track position. Even on old tires he was still putting together better laps than anyone else. I believe on that last restart he started 11th and made it all the way up to 3rd. In just a couple laps that is very impressive. Jimmie Johnson lost the points because he failed inspection so Chase will get 2nd place points & money. Chase has a heck of a lot of talent and will be one of the best drivers in no time. He has 6 wins but should have more like 15 right now if the cards would fall his way even just half the time. That team has some bad luck and it sucks as a fan, I can only imagine how they feel.

Bowyer fan here!

Good stuff! Last night after he got in to the wall that he was ready for a cold beer :ROFLMAO: It's hard not to like Bowyer.

Yep, good old country boy not afraid to wreck it & then drink a cold one.

Yep, good old country boy not afraid to wreck it & then drink a cold one.

He has been close to winning many times in that 14 car.

I agree, not great on Gustafson's part especially considering he had the best car at the end there. Chase Elliott is the driver who I root for and quite frankly he seems to have the worst luck. The other day Kyle Busch spun him when he was slicing through the field and was obviously going to win. Not to mention he has lost 3-4 races on late race restarts (I saw 2 of these in person) through the last few years and Denny Hamlin turned him 2 years ago with just a few laps left at Martinsville for Chase to advance to the championship race.

Whatever Chase did most of the field was going to do the opposite. If he would have stayed out, the rest of the field would have came to pit road for tires. I will say though, with a car like that, I want track position. Even on old tires he was still putting together better laps than anyone else. I believe on that last restart he started 11th and made it all the way up to 3rd. In just a couple laps that is very impressive. Jimmie Johnson lost the points because he failed inspection so Chase will get 2nd place points & money. Chase has a heck of a lot of talent and will be one of the best drivers in no time. He has 6 wins but should have more like 15 right now if the cards would fall his way even just half the time. That team has some bad luck and it sucks as a fan, I can only imagine how they feel.

Chase already is one of the best. Dude was robbed back to back races

I know & it's got be frustrating for him. He's definitely a sleeper & a good solid driver for fantasy.

I know & it's got be frustrating for him. He's definitely a sleeper & a good solid driver for fantasy.

I have only played fantasy NASCAR once. May have to get back into that. Not sure who even has the best fantasy platform these days.

I have only played fantasy NASCAR once. May have to get back into that. Not sure who even has the best fantasy platform these days.
I haven't done it in a couple of years, we had a local group of friends & it was fun. I even took 2nd 1 year.

I haven't done it in a couple of years, we had a local group of friends & it was fun. I even took 2nd 1 year.

Let me know if you want to get a THP league going at some point.

Last night's Charlotte's race was postponed due to rain. Should be starting tonight at 7pm ET.

31 laps in and there’s a red flag for lightning. 😒

After that virtual race a few weeks ago, it's a shame they can't run a real one at North Wilkesboro in this opening stretch of 'local' tracks.

Good win for Chase Elliott and the #9 team.

Upcoming Cup Series schedule:

11.PNG

Bristol (short track!) race here shortly, today at 3:30pm ET on FS1. Looking forward to the competitive and aggressive nature of short track racing.

Bristol is so fun to watch on TV. Going to a race there is high in my bucket list.

Sucks not having cable or satellite. I have to follow along on the app.

Bristol is so fun to watch on TV. Going to a race there is high in my bucket list.

Likewise! I really would like to go to a race at Bristol, especially the night race.

Sucks not having cable or satellite. I have to follow along on the app.

I cut the cord and got rid of cable. I have internet and YouTube TV which gives me all the local channels and all the sports you would need.

Back