2020 NFL Draft Thread

The Saints have traded away all of their day three picks to get Trautman.
Trautman started out at Dayton as a QB. Baun played QB in high school.

When they run Brees, Hill, Baun, and Trautman out there together in an offensive formation next year, I won't be surprised.

Trautman started out at Dayton as a QB. Baun played QB in high school.

When they run Brees, Hill, Baun, and Trautman out there together in an offensive formation next year, I won't be surprised.
Trick play heaven.

I'm coming late to the party. As a former season ticket holder and die-hard J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets fan, I've been very happy with Joe Douglas' picks as GM. This guy understands the game and learned under Ozzie Newsome when he was with Baltimore.

OT Becton is a MOUNTAIN of a man. Heck, Sam Darnold can do a QB sneak behind him on every play!
WR Mims is a playmaker and honestly, I thought we would grab him at 48 and then JD traded down. I was surprised he was still there at 59.

S Davis is an interesting pick and many would think that Jamal Adams is on the way out (even though the Jets own him till 2024.) But Davis is more of a Marcus Maye type player and Maye is in a contract year. So it's clear JD is looking at depth.
DE Jabari Zuniga is a JD type player. Jets needed to address edge position and I feel this kid could get the job done, but we shall see. He's a buddy of former Jet Jacai Polite who was a bust.

With the Jets trading their 101st pick to NE, they now have 3 picks in the 4th round. 120,125 and 129. Big improvement since there are still some good players on the boards. Going to be a great Day 3 for the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets

I am still in shock at the Eagles draft yesterday, and have yet to find one draftnik that understands the pick. With the cap hit the Eagles would be hit with they can not trade Wetnz for at least two years.

Even the super pro homer Eagle commentators that come out to support them every time have nothing to say and can’t figure it out.

I'm coming late to the party. As a former season ticket holder and die-hard J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets fan, I've been very happy with Joe Douglas' picks as GM. This guy understands the game and learned under Ozzie Newsome when he was with Baltimore.

OT Becton is a MOUNTAIN of a man. Heck, Sam Darnold can do a QB sneak behind him on every play!
WR Mims is a playmaker and honestly, I thought we would grab him at 48 and then JD traded down. I was surprised he was still there at 59.

S Davis is an interesting pick and many would think that Jamal Adams is on the way out (even though the Jets own him till 2024.) But Davis is more of a Marcus Maye type player and Maye is in a contract year. So it's clear JD is looking at depth.
DE Jabari Zuniga is a JD type player. Jets needed to address edge position and I feel this kid could get the job done, but we shall see. He's a buddy of former Jet Jacai Polite who was a bust.

With the Jets trading their 101st pick to NE, they now have 3 picks in the 4th round. 120,125 and 129. Big improvement since there are still some good players on the boards. Going to be a great Day 3 for the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets

Jets have done a fantastic job in their picks and even more in their trade value if you believe in those point charts.

Niners trade for Trent Williams. Love the move for the niners. But sad because it likely means Joe Staley is retiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still in shock at the Eagles draft yesterday, and have yet to find one draftnik that understands the pick. With the cap hit the Eagles would be hit with they can not trade Wetnz for at least two years.

Even the super pro homer Eagle commentators that come out to support them every time have nothing to say and can’t figure it out.
Wentz would be an awfully expensive sideline clipboard holder for two years.

If they're assuming that Wentz is their QB for now but not a long-term franchise solution, perhaps they're planning to develop Hurts under Wentz for a couple years until they can dump Wentz without the huge cap hit. It's the only logical answer IMO.

I guess I'm satisfied (so far) with my Vikings draft but I do wish that they had drafted Love, the QB that the Packers drafted. Then they would have their future QB. Oh well, maybe they'll draft a QB later today, or maybe next year.

Jets grab Perine from Florida as their future RB. I really like Eno Benjamin, but Perine will do just fine.

Wentz would be an awfully expensive sideline clipboard holder for two years.

If they're assuming that Wentz is their QB for now but not a long-term franchise solution, perhaps they're planning to develop Hurts under Wentz for a couple years until they can dump Wentz without the huge cap hit. It's the only logical answer IMO.
I would have never thought this but the more I see it and think about it...you're right. Eagles fans are going nuts on sports radio in philly

I get kinda lost now on these players...i will see a nane I recognize but not many.

This was fun

The Dolphins are having a heck of a few days

Dolphins are going to like Tyler Johnson.

The Dolphins are having a heck of a few days
Yeah, not what I would have preferred. They definitely are having a good draft, getting Weaver this late was a win. And trading for Brieda is also a win. Jets will need to keep them in check.

Does any team do less from a personnel perspective to help a QB than Green Bay?

I knew the BIlls would take a QB in this draft.

I knew the BIlls would take a QB in this draft.
After they saw the Jets get theirs with James Morgan, they figured Fromm would fit in or maybe they're not too keen with Allen. Surprised Falcons didn't take Fromm.

I think the Panthers are going defense this year.

I think the Panthers are going defense this year.
DT, DE, S, CB, CB, DL, CB... yep. Defense.

Hopefully Carolina has more luck with their triple-dip at CB this year than they did when they took Bradberry, Sanchez, and Worley... Only Bradberry panned out and he left in free agency this season.

i'm pretty happy with the 9ers trading for Williams...not so much with the talk of Staley retiring.

It’s only 3 picks but I’m ok with the Saints Draft... Needed a LB (didn’t get the one I wanted) but got one that a lot of people are high on in Baun.

Got a pass catching TE & now might be able to cut whoever Ruiz is replacing clear up 7.5 million in cap space and address the slot WR need.

Here's hoping that Carolina won't be torn apart by NO, ATL, and TB across the middle with TE's... that got old after awhile.

This just happened at my house...
“I saw that the Saints didn’t draft a QB, babe.”- Wife
“The Saints already have a QB, they didn’t need to draft one, babe.”- Me
“I don’t want to hear a word from you when Brees gets hurt and the Saints suck.”- Wife

This just happened at my house...
“I saw that the Saints didn’t draft a QB, babe.”- Wife
“The Saints already have a QB, they didn’t need to draft one, babe.”- Me
“I don’t want to hear a word from you when Brees gets hurt and the Saints suck.”- Wife
That's true... has your backup QB played? Y'all lost Teddy checkdown to Carolina... (not sure that's a good thing or bad thing for New Orleans) also not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing for Carolina.

Niners trade for Trent Williams. Love the move for the niners. But sad because it likely means Joe Staley is retiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guess Browns were confident in the RT they drafted making the switch.

Pretty cheap...2020 fifth-round pick and 2021 third-round selection

Back