2020 NFL Draft Thread

That's true... has your backup QB played? Y'all lost Teddy checkdown to Carolina... (not sure that's a good thing or bad thing for New Orleans) also not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing for Carolina.
Taysom Hill is the back up... He’s never started a game.

:eek: :D I'd heard that it was either Brees, Bridgewater, or Hill... The Saints couldn't hang on to all 3.

As a nice person, I'll say I hope he does well.
As a Panthers fan, I'll not say anything.:ROFLMAO:

This just happened at my house...
“I saw that the Saints didn’t draft a QB, babe.”- Wife
“The Saints already have a QB, they didn’t need to draft one, babe.”- Me
“I don’t want to hear a word from you when Brees gets hurt and the Saints suck.”- Wife
You got your "QB", after all:

The New Orleans Saints select Mississippi State quarterback Tommy Stevens with No. 240 overall pick in Round 7 of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Stevens isn't a natural passer, but he flashed above average mobility and running skills during his career. There are some in the NFL that believe he can develop into an H-back and what better team to explore his options than Sean Payton's Saints. -- Mark Dulgerian

There's a camp body...

Watch out for the Patriots snaking him if he's cut and signed to the practice squad.

Last edited:
This was probably my favorite NFL draft. Not that I fully understand my team’s second round pick, but how the teams all welcomed the world into their homes and showed how we all still can love sports even when we are in quarantine.

I hope they keep some form of this into future drafts. I loved seeing some of the kids, interesting fan shots, and mostly all the home reactions from the draft picks.

Great weekend for football fans.

I am still in shock at the Eagles draft yesterday, and have yet to find one draftnik that understands the pick. With the cap hit the Eagles would be hit with they can not trade Wetnz for at least two years.

Even the super pro homer Eagle commentators that come out to support them every time have nothing to say and can’t figure it out.
Rest of the draft was fine, If you just look at the players and not where taken. Yes Hurts at 53 was odd to say the least. They did get Wentz a lot of speed. I still believe Hurts is traded before season starts. Package him with Alshon!

Excited for the Browns. Feel the team went after need and hit some home runs given the position of the draft.

Really enjoyed the draft. Not sure if it was just because no sports but I would be all for this format going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This about sums it up perfectly!
94d5b56766c325801c3bbd09a52fe61d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I knew the BIlls would take a QB in this draft.
What do you think of Fromm. I dont watch much college football but my recollection is he can play . My neighbor is a Notre Dame alum and big college football guy says he led Georgia to two comeback wins against Notre Dame. I like the pick and think its worth the chance. All the stuff ive seen locally about him he seems like a good kid.

What do you think of Fromm. I dont watch much college football but my recollection is he can play . My neighbor is a Notre Dame alum and big college football guy says he led Georgia to two comeback wins against Notre Dame. I like the pick and think its worth the chance. All the stuff ive seen locally about him he seems like a good kid.

He seems smart. Got his name out there in a Netflix show.

Played well early in college and if he had a bigger arm and more zip would have gone early. Very different from the incumbent that is for sure

Taysom Hill is the back up... He’s never started a game.

Now you have a backup QB. Jameis wants to do what Bridgewater did, play better under Payton and go get a fat contract after that.

Now you have a backup QB. Jameis wants to do what Bridgewater did, play better under Payton and go get a fat contract after that.
Or maybe he is the Post- Brees QB for the Saints.
* I think this is Brees’ last season.

The Saints are sending a pretty clear message to Taysom Hill that they have no confidence in his ability as a QB, either now or in the future. I look for him to try to go elsewhere soon.

I'm a little surprised at these grades. Especially on the Vikings. I thought there's should be a B+ at best.

1587923087491.png

Heard the ESPN “experts” describe him as slow, questionable arm strength & had a poor combine.....but great personality.

Heard the ESPN “experts” describe him as slow, questionable arm strength & had a poor combine.....but great personality.
Sounds like me:cool: I wonder if I could get a NFL contract:p

Full graphic. THE PACKERS:oops::oops::oops:

1587923487779.png

Can they do drafts like this in the future?

That’s a great question. What’s better for the NFL? Having the Commissioner conduct the draft from his basement or having the draft live in front of huge crowds. I know the cities that are scheduled to host the draft would want the latter.

Some harsh scores in there.....Texans, ouch.
I mean...the Texans have made some pretty questionable personnel moves lately. Not surprising that their draft followed suit.

Thor Nystrom seems pretty harsh in his gradings.

The grades on these drafts are hysterical and always have been. The same graders that say teams are wrong more than they are right, are in the same boat Even more often.

Then they choose grades based on how THEY feel as though the team needs to proceed, and where depth is needed, rather than those inside that see the day to day. And add to that, none of them were involved in interviews, etc.

For instance, and granted this was years ago. A player once told a team he wouldn’t play for them. When asked why, he said because his girlfriend lived in that city and he didnt want his wife and girlfriend to be in the same location. Team doesnt report that as a bad interview, because the player was honest, but obviously wouldn’t take that guy in the middle of the 3rd round when others were available. They questioned his judgement.

One SI writer called them morons for passing over a need, for another player. Kiper actually liked the pick they ended up making. In the end, they graded them with D+...I won’t name the players, but let’s just say their pick ended up being pretty darn good. And the team rhymes with Cleveland Browns.

Back