At the end of the day it's about W's and L's and he will be judged on that, right or wrong. They are 1 fluke of a onside kick in being 0-3. If they go 8-8 this year and once again miss the playoffs or have an early wildcard exit, what do you do w/ Dak? Pay him the $43M a year? Unfortunately, he and the offense are going to have to score 45 points a game to win this year. If he doesn't, he'll throw up great numbers and still be 7-9 or 8-8 leaving the decision to sign him more difficult. Cowboys have found themselves in a bad situation because at the end of the day he will never be a Mahomes.

To pay or not to pay? And if paying, how much? Those are the questions. The additional question I have is paying Dak X amount of money long term going to make this perennial 8-8 team a 12-4 team with legitimate Championship potential. For it's one thing to emerge as Champions of the NFC Least (the division is putrid ). Winning games in the playoffs is the bigger issue. And Dak is not going to make them a 12-4 team by himself.

At the end of the day it's about W's and L's and he will be judged on that, right or wrong. They are 1 fluke of a onside kick in being 0-3. If they go 8-8 this year and once again miss the playoffs or have an early wildcard exit, what do you do w/ Dak? Pay him the $43M a year? Unfortunately, he and the offense are going to have to score 45 points a game to win this year. If he doesn't, he'll throw up great numbers and still be 7-9 or 8-8 leaving the decision to sign him more difficult. Cowboys have found themselves in a bad situation because at the end of the day he will never be a Mahomes.
I don't disagree with any of the above but it sounds like his statement will hurt the situation / make Dak look elsewhere. Is that a wise move? I'm not big on Dak but he's far better than many other starters.

To pay or not to pay? And if paying, how much? Those are the questions. The additional question I have is paying Dak X amount of money long term going to make this perennial 8-8 team a 12-4 team with legitimate Championship potential. For it's one thing to emerge as Champions of the NFC Least (the division is putrid ). Winning games in the playoffs is the bigger issue. And Dak is not going to make them a 12-4 team by himself.

Probably not, but after shelling out big bucks for a RB and WR, both of who have struggled in big spots before, it seems rather odd to do this, if it is in fact true.

I don't disagree with any of the above but it sounds like his statement will hurt the situation / make Dak look elsewhere. Is that a wise move? I'm not big on Dak but he's far better than many other starters.
Good question. Aging offensive line. Top WR who disappears in games and on the road. Secondary that might be the worse in the NFL. They got a lot of issues to address in the next few years.

Maybe Jerry don't wanna shell out tons of money for Dak and this is his way of trying to deflate the price tag. I wouldn't pay him Mahomes type money or even close.

Jerry being Jerry, lol. He just covets what he can't have. :) How do you think the Bears feel, they drafted Trubisky #2 overall, 8 picks ahead of Mahomes, lol.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 10.15.09 AM.png

So, looks like the second set of tests done on the positive TN players and personnel confirm the original positive test. Seems doubtful that game will happen because the facility will be shut down until Saturday. All the tests for MIN came back negative, so they can potentially open back up in 48 hours, making it possible for that MIN @ HOU game to happen.

I'm not going to debate on whether or not Dak is worth X amount of money. Dak has shown, without question that he is better than most starters in the league. It's interesting to watch his contract situation play out because the market has been set at a certain ceiling for franchise QBs signing an extension. Jerry has not shown a willingness to meet that amount.

So, looks like the second set of tests done on the positive TN players and personnel confirm the original positive test. Seems doubtful that game will happen because the facility will be shut down until Saturday. All the tests for MIN came back negative, so they can potentially open back up in 48 hours, making it possible for that MIN @ HOU game to happen.

Steelers told by NFL to proceed with game prep . . .

. . . and the Titans say they will play without practicing if need be:

I'm with GG on this one, so far. If they play (in TN) and a Steeler tests positive early next week, even the Lions would have a better defense than what the NFL could put up as a justification.

Tomlin's weekly presser is normally at 12:10 pm on Tuesdays after a Sunday game. It's been moved to 6 pm.

NFL reportedly looking at Steelers-Titans playing Monday night as a contingency.

Last edited:
Steelers told by NFL to proceed with game prep . . .

. . . and the Titans say they will play without practicing if need be:

I'm with GG on this one, so far. If they play (in TN) and a Steeler tests positive early next week, even the Lions would have a better defense than what the NFL could put up as a justification.

I don't see how they can play given the circumstances.

The average incubation period for Covid 19 is 4 to 5 days so it will be interesting to see how many Titans and possibly Vikings players come down with it by the end of the week. Hopefully, this can be contained and we can have a normal NFL season but right now it's an unknown.

I don't see how they can play given the circumstances.

Let them play. Guys that are sick sit out. Guys that are fine can play.

IF and a BIG "IF", this COVID problem does follow it's course, it WILL DEFINATELY EFFECT THE 2 TEAMS and also pose the "POSSABILITY" of AFFECTING 4 TEAMS. So there could be 2 "re-scheduled" games but the "BYE WEEKS" for the Teams involved ( MINN<TENN<PITT<HOU are: Pitt bye week 8, TENN (says that they are playing this week) week 7, HOU week 8, MINN week 7.

Will be interesting to see how Goodell & Co see fit to address the effects of the positive Covid testing and all follow-on implications.

WARNING: the following article contains strong gusts of verbiage and levels of Tomlinisms which may be potentially harmful to those who have not built up a tolerance.

There is talk of multiple options for PIT@TEN:

• Move it to Monday night
  • Move it to Tuesday.
  • Move it to Week 7, when TEN has a bye and PIT plays BAL. Both PIT and BAL have byes in Week 8, so PIT-BAL would be moved to Week 8, and PIT, TEN, and BAL all take truncated byes in Week 4.

Back